Post here if you have received your convention DVD!

Of course this is probably the busiest time of year for the USPS.

I buy a lot of stuff online. Those shipping estimates are not always right. Sometimes I have had packages arrive before the status is updated.

I have not got one of those emails myself yet...

And here we go...

The bracket holding the 4 CD insert broke in transit, but most of these 4 disc DVD holders don't hold up to the mail so it's not a big deal. I'll repackage the discs into individual sleeves.

Watching the DVDs now.

Attachments

• IMG_3033-dvd-and-booklet.jpg
    IMG_3033-dvd-and-booklet.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3034-bookletinside.jpg
    IMG_3034-bookletinside.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3035-bookletoutside.jpg
    IMG_3035-bookletoutside.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3036-caseback.jpg
    IMG_3036-caseback.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3037-DVDs.jpg
    IMG_3037-DVDs.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 13
It's so good to see pictures of the final product, now I know it is real! Fingers-crossed that the package doesn't get destroyed in the delivery. Was it just put in an envelope?

I wish mine would arrive tomorrow, but I doubt that is going to happen. It would of been a lovely early christmas present and I could take it with me next week to show my fiancee.

<smiling> I'm just remembering how Scott pointed at me during the trivia quiz and said "You're on Jay's team!" all because I shouted the answer and Jay picked up on it first. :) It wasn't my falut Jay was faster than Scott! :)

Wonderful memories!!!! :D

And here we go...

The bracket holding the 4 CD insert broke in transit, but most of these 4 disc DVD holders don't hold up to the mail so it's not a big deal. I'll repackage the discs into individual sleeves.

Watching the DVDs now.

That's exactly what happened to mine, except the box was also in pretty bad shape. I blame the holiday mail handling on the condition of the box.

I got my email, DVDs haven't arrived yet though - but since I'm in Australia that's not surprising.

From the reviews I've read, I'm not expecting much...

My set just arrived this morning.
Not sure when I'll get a chance to watch, especially since my region 1 viewing options are limited.
The box is undamaged, but after seeing it up close - what is with the 'coffee ring' on the cover and insert? I thought it was just mine until I looked at Feldon's picture close up.
It looks like tea or coffee was splashed, and a ring from a small-based cup having been stood on the original - around the 09 and a spot on the left near the B of Back - which was then reproduced on all the copies.
Talk about sloppy work!
If it was intentional, the question is WHY?
I often have to produce dvds with 'home-made' covers of students' work [drama exercises etc.] to send to examination boards. The covers are for information only, and don't have to be fancy in any way, but I wouldn't dream of sending one out looking like that.

The box is undamaged, but after seeing it up close - what is with the 'coffee ring' on the cover and insert? I thought it was just mine until I looked at Feldon's picture close up.
It looks like tea or coffee was splashed, and a ring from a small-based cup having been stood on the original - around the 09 and a spot on the left near the B of Back - which was then reproduced on all the copies.
Talk about sloppy work!
I often have to produce dvds with 'home-made' covers of students' work [drama exercises etc.] to send to examination boards. The covers are for information only, and don't have to be fancy in any way, but I wouldn't dream of sending one out looking like that.

Maryse stays up til all hours and she does like her coffee:)

It is intentional though, its part of the design and was on the programme too.

Glad to hear your DVD arrived in one piece, I'm in England too hopefully mine won't be too much longer.

Talk about sloppy work!

It was certainly intentional and the original programme looks like someone has been working on a project for the 20 or so years.
icon7.gif
Unfortunately it doesn't show up so well on the pdf file on the home page here but it certainly was a talking point at the convention and a great idea.

Well, it's nice to know that my design is now the source of contention :) Excellent!! Every designer loves their work to be talked about, and admittedly, this isn't a sheep's head in formaldehyde, but still.

The idea for those that missed it, and I'm sorry you did, because is some ways it shows that it's perhaps a little too subtle. Anyway, the idea, as Pippa has pointed out and Twink alluded to, is that people have been working on the project to bring Sam back for 20 years and during this time, people have been treating the project document, just like that - a project document - so, coffee gets put on it, sandwiches get eaten off it, it gets dropped on the floor etc etc. You don't actually want to know what else I was thinking of putting on there - kidding!

So, there you go. I'm sorry that some of you think I'm such a poor designer that I would have left a coffee stain on there without realising it.

My set just arrived this morning.
Not sure when I'll get a chance to watch, especially since my region 1 viewing options are limited.

The coffee ring was clearly intentional.

Not sure why the disc was set to Region 1 though. There is no reason why it shouldn't have been Region 1-6.

Not sure why the disc was set to Region 1 though. There is no reason why it shouldn't have been Region 1-6.

so pleased you are all still finding something to gripe about.
I know for a fact that Maryse (the artist and a committee member) has tried to reply to this post but as any posts from female members of the committee have to get past the moderators here - don't hold your breath.
Come to think about it - that's probably why you haven't heard from them with reference to the ongoing issues with the DVD set.
Just food for thought

Okay, my bad.
Complaint withdrawn, and thanks for the explanation, which has been given to me here and off board.
I guess being unable to attend the convention, and therefore missing out on the 'talking point', I wasn't fully on the wavelength.
No offense meant Maryse. I've put things in my stories that have been missed or misinterpreted, so I know both how easy it is for it to happen, and how it feels when it does. Sorry.

I got mine during the holiday rush. MJ it was so lovely to hear your voice on the question and answer with Don and Scott. I just cried. I am waiting for one for my Friend who came with me.

Well, it's nice to know that my design is now the source of contention Excellent!!

Maryse, I would like you to know that I absolutely loved all your design work on the convention program and the dvds. The colors and fonts perfectly capture the style of the 1980s and the show itself. Also the theme of used folder from the Project was very fitting.

I'm in Scotland, got the DVD today. The box and discs are in perfect condition, looking forward to watching it later.

Effective Immediately

In response to the libelous e-mail sent to the membership by Lisa Montalbano, the following members are no longer welcome on Al's Place Forums:

• Lisa Montalbano
  • Barbara Pilnick
  • Carol Cartwright
  • Maryse Worallo
  • Helene Kaplan
  • Emma Fee
  • Nancy Cotter
  • Donna Dickenson
These Committee members do not have the right to send that kind of e-mail and retain their posting privileges on this site which Brian created. They do not get to publicly ridicule the owner of this site and continue to operate here with impunity.

After 8 months of evasion, backroom dealings, treachery, deceit, and plenty of their own violations of bylaws, and to then produce an extremely low quality DVD, this was just the inevitable conclusion.

For Lisa to commit such brazen libel in this e-mail opens the door wide to legal ramifications.

Sorry, my bad again.
I'm sure I'd read that the DVD was going to be region 1 only - I think it was in the questionnaire section we were asked if we'd still buy it even though it was region 1 only, to which I said yes.
So I just assumed that it was indeed set to region 1.
I've still not had time to watch it as such, but I put it into my portable player, and it didn't throw it out like it did with a r1 movie [Mercy Mission - with Scott Bakula!] I got for Xmas.
My apologies. I'm never afraid to admit when I'm wrong - daren't be, it happens too often! :b

I'm still waiting for my copy. :(

And I'm about to go on a road trip for a few weeks (driving from Sydney to Perth and back again), Bexter I hope you ordered a copy and get it before I get to your place. I might wait one more time for the postman tomorrow before I leave. Fingers-crossed.

I received my copy today. Will watch it when I get the chance... though having read the reviews I'm not expecting much.

HOLA ! FELIZ AÑO NUEVO !!
Hello ! Happy New Year !! :hurray:
From Island of Tenerife, Canary Islands... Europe !

On 2nd January, my birthday :roflmao:, I received my DVDs....
I can watch it very well on the computer and on TV.
I have not problems with Region 1-2 or ....
But... where are the subtitles??? !!
It is a joke... :wacko

Thank you for recording the Convention... now, at home, calmly, I can understand, what the guests said...
I hope to know a bit more English at next convention...

(Brian, sorry... problems about committee...
all the good things...)

Marianela, :wavey

HOLA ! FELIZ AÑO NUEVO !!
Hello ! Happy New Year !! :hurray:
From Island of Tenerife, Canary Islands... Europe !

On 2nd January, my birthday :roflmao:, I received my DVDs....
I can watch it very well on the computer and on TV.
I have not problems with Region 1-2 or ....
But... where are the subtitles??? !!
It is a joke... :wacko

Thank you for recording the Convention... now, at home, calmly, I can understand, what the guests said...
I hope to know a bit more English at next convention...

(Brian, sorry... problems about committee...
all the good things...)

Marianela, :wavey

Hi! So glad you got it and I was really sorry it didn't work out for you to come to the convention. I know we had spoken a few times along the way and it's always been nice talking to you!

I got my DVD today (I had my mail on hold for while I was out of town for the holidays). The case and everything looks in perfect shape. Not sure when I'll get around to watching it... I've got plenty of other things to watch first (the new Hamlet, various other David Tennant appearances, Doctor Who: The End of Time again, etc.).

Joy