Welcome to the Messaging Venue!
Managed by TVS Producer:
M. J. Cogburn

Starting with Season Six, Sam continues to leap --
putting things right that once were wrong and hoping
each time that his next leap will be the leap home....

Welcome back to Quantum Leap!

Go Back   Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community >
Fan Fiction & Creations Forums
> Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons > The Virtual Seasons > Quantum Leap: Season Twelve

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of this story?
5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites! 0 0%
4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it. 0 0%
3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading. 0 0%
2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent. 0 0%
1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Dman176

Default 1233 Fate's Wide Wheel

Fate's Wide Wheel

Date: TBA

TOP SECRET!
[Synopsis to come...]

Written by: Mike Bloxam & Damon C. Sugameli

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by Dman176; 05-05-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
Dman176

Default Re: 1231 Fate's Wide Wheel

Our rating system this season consists of six raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: ____

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Seeker said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vince Beckett said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gooshie said:

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
SC Farris
PQL Visitor

Just a quick question that if unappropriate can be deleted.
How soon if there's any ETA on it will this story that is I know eagerly awaited by all be up for reading?

Thanks,
SC Farris
Old 08-16-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Farris
Just a quick question that if unappropriate can be deleted.
How soon if there's any ETA on it will this story that is I know eagerly awaited by all be up for reading?

Thanks,
SC Farris
Farris, exactly what unappropriate are you talking about? I'm confused on that one.

ETA on Fates Wide Wheel is honestly up in the air. Until I actually get both parts of the story and get them edited and everything...

The correct answer of this is: I don't know.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
SC Farris
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Damsel
Farris, exactly what unappropriate are you talking about? I'm confused on that one.

ETA on Fates Wide Wheel is honestly up in the air. Until I actually get both parts of the story and get them edited and everything...

The correct answer of this is: I don't know.
Ql Damsel,

Just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to ask the question. That's why I said if it was not appropriate to delete the question. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your prompt reply, please forgive me for being late in mine to your question. Been a very busy month, and sad to say that my brain beacame Swiss Cheesed there for a bit.

SC Farris

Last edited by SC Farris; 11-07-2006 at 01:24 AM.
SC Farris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
McGinty84
PQL Visitor

Possibly a bad thing to be doing my first post in, but do we have an estimated idea on when will get to see this episode?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
QL Damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGinty84
Possibly a bad thing to be doing my first post in, but do we have an estimated idea on when will get to see this episode?
It's not a bad thing for that to be your first inquiry. I'm on my 1911 post and I still as curious. What I do have is the first have of the two part story, but I don't know when the second part will be finished. I'd hate to show the first part and then not get the second part. Does that make since?

I'm very apologetic to the readers of QL:TVS. I'll see what I can do to get the story finished to be put up.

Thank you.

MJ
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
SC Farris
PQL Visitor

MJ

Thanks for the update as to what's going on with this story. I eagerly await anything you have to say about it. Even if it's only part of the story. Which I know you said you were not really wanting to do, but still it'd be like a season ending cliff hanger if it came down to that.

SC Farris
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
QL Damsel

The only problem is that this wasn't the season finale. However, I do understand your wanting to read the story.

MJ
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #10
SC Farris
PQL Visitor

MJ,

Been a while since this has been inquired about to the best of my knowledge. But any updates on the status of Fate's Wide Wheel?

SC
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
QL Damsel

Unfortunately no. I have talked with the main writer. He's still working on some problems that he's going through. I'm sorry guys. Hopefully...
Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
McGinty84
PQL Visitor

Just doing a quick six monthly check up. No news on when this is airing?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
QL Damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGinty84
Just doing a quick six monthly check up. No news on when this is airing?
I've not heard of anything just yet. My apologies.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #14
Dman176

Well, I figured it's been a while, so I should post a tiny update on my progress with this long-overdue story. For those who don't know, I posted about my absence in great detail several months back in this thread:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...ead.php?t=5455

Suffice it to say, I am trying my best to work on this issue. I actually wrote about 4 pages worth of story about a month ago, and I'm waiting for Mike to get back to me on what he thinks of it. As mentioned in the linked thread, there is no excuse for my extreme tardiness on this story. I know there are probably many of you who have patiently waited for me to "get my act together," and for that, again, I am sorry. I promise that something like this will never happen from me again. If and when I write something again, I will keep it relatively simple and will make sure it's actually well-thought-out and complete before I submit it.

Well, that's all for now. I will update again when I have more details. Thank you for your patience, and again, my deepest apologies to all of the VS readers.

Damon
Old 08-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
Dman176
Waiting Room Visitor

Smile Wow, an update! Seriously?!

For anyone who may still be checking this forum, hello there!

Yes, it has been an extremely long time coming, but I now feel confident in saying that this 2-part story should finally be published relatively soon.

How soon, you ask? Well, I'm trying to be very careful to not prematurely get people's hopes up...however, Mike and I have been back in contact on a semi-regular weekly basis. I have finally worked out all of the details and connected all the dots. If you are a writer, you'll know what I mean when I say that sometimes in conceiving a story (and especially a huge one meant to be a culmination of everything that came before), you can't see the entire picture. For a very long time, I had the dots connected from A to L maybe, and then had somewhere around S and most definitely had Z...but I didn't necessarily have the rest of the dots connected, so I couldn't really get to Z until I made the other connections. Does that make any sense? And then, I also wasn't sure I could see the picture based on what was written already. But after re-reading it all again, discussing it with Mike, and thinking about how we created the scenario in the first place, the final pieces of the puzzle are now there.

Right now, I'll say that the chances of it being released before the end of 2017 are pretty solid. Hopefully, it will be sooner: aiming for early Fall; after re-reading a lot of stories that I needed to in order to refresh my memory, I'm determined to keep the momentum going. But I'm saying Winter 2017/18 to play it safe. I've already made significant progress in writing and rewriting a few scenes. The entire 2-part story might be a tad larger than we expected it to be. We almost considered needing it to be 3 parts, but I think we got around it...instead of eight chapters, it'll probably now be ten: five for Part 1 and five for Part 2 (which is how my first story "Second Genesis" was structured anyway). It flows better doing it that way. To put that in context, there are currently six full chapters, the beginning of Chapter 7, and segments of either Chapter 8 or 9 (about 50 pages in total, including episode recaps). We are essentially almost halfway through Part 2, which is now also retitled "The Butterfly Effect" instead of "Rebirth" (upon reading it, you will understand why). It might seem a bit crammed with material, and the readers will likely begin to say, "Wait...what?!? Where the hell did THAT come from?!" during the second half of Part 2, but the idea is to connect aspects of everything I've written or co-written (including the seemingly unconnected "Lifetime" trilogy and "Project Liberty" finale) and bring it all full circle. Trust me, it'll all make sense. I hope...

On top of that, I am also attempting to finish my prequel story for The Starbright Project titled "Conceptions," which is important enough to the narrative of Maxwell Connors' back-story to warrant completing it. I'm trying to get them both done simultaneously because the end of Max's story in "Fate's Wide Wheel" will make more contextual sense once you have read how it all began in "Conceptions." (Since this also connects with what I said above about bringing the entire arc of stories full circle.) Basically, it's all meant to be read in this order:

"Second Genesis"
"Second Genesis, Part II"
"Lifetime: Future's End"
"Lifetime: Past's Prologue"
"Lifetime: Present's Convergence"
"Give Me Liberty"
"Give Me Death"
"Killin' More Time"
"Shockwave"
"Shockwave, Part II -- Severed String"
"Conceptions"
"Fate's Wide Wheel"
"Fate's Wide Wheel, Part II -- The Butterfly Effect"

I will post more updates as Mike and I get closer to completing the story (which as I said, I'm hoping will be within the next couple of months). I will also post something similar on the main board and the Facebook group.

Until next time,
Damon

Damon

~Sometimes "That's the way it is" is the best explanation.
Dman176 is offline   Reply With Quote