Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Default Can't Sleep

It's 3:42 am over here and already I've been awake for a couple of hours. It feels like my brain is about to shut down on me. Almost every morning I wake up at around three o'clock in the morning and struggle to get back to sleep. I can't help it. Any suggestions.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Default Hmm

Hmm. Any large amount of stress in your life? That always causes me not to sleep. Usually I just read a book (or write one ). Something I can do in which I can just put the materials on the ground when I get unbearable tired.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Not really, I've been like this for a few years now. You'd think I'd be used to it but... *shakes head*
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
ohboy
Junior Leaper

If it makes you feel any better, a close realative has the same problem as you. Can't sleep, but is always tired. It went away somewhat, but for the life of me I don't know how
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Oh well, think I'll get off in a bit and try to get some sleep. (Not yet though.)
Old 07-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Dandelion tea helps me a little, but not at the moment, I always seem to wake up 2 yours before I'm suppose to and then can't go back to sleep, at the moment I'm getting up at 4.30am to go to work, so am waking up at 2.30am - scary!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #7
systemcat
Accelerator Technician

Lay as still as you can in your bed and let a fan blow into your face .
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
sparkyclarkie
Control Room Technician

Lay still and think about the engery drain out through your feet, when your body feels heavy, empty your mind and focus on the colour blue and only think about blue, and you will drift to sleep!

No guarantees, but it works for me every time.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #9
laestrella
Control Room Technician

do what i do...stay in bed and just think of quantum leap stories in your head...and soon you will drift off...or walk around the house and do crossword puzzles[unfortunately it used to wake up college roomates, now just my parents! ] i've always been like this...for a couple of weeks i can get 4 hours a night, then for a week i get 10 hours, then the final week or so i get 6 hours. i've learned to accept it even though i can get rather tired but at work, keep physically active. it might help getting your body more tired...but to stop the mind i'm not too certain. that's the hard part.
David North: Miss it?
Logan: Right about now I am.
laestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
Classical Theories
Pulse Communications Technician

I typically use a sledge hammer. Works well with me and the added "make-over" look in the morning is just grand.
http://www.fedcon.de

Classical Theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
ris768
Pulse Communications Technician

When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I put my on my ipod which has every episode of Quantum Leap saved and I pick an episode and fall asleep dreaming of Sam and Al. Works everytime as it takes my mind off not being able to sleep and just totally relaxes me.

Last night I watched Permanent Wave, but can't remember much past Sam and "family" being shot at in their house.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
AlyssaCalavicci
Imaging Chamber Technician

I know the feeling I haven't been able to sleep good in the last few weeks myself I did finally get some this morning but it has been difficult. I wonder if it is stress or worry Im unsure. I hope your feeling better Crow and its nice to meet you
Old 07-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaCalavicci
I know the feeling I haven't been able to sleep good in the last few weeks myself I did finally get some this morning but it has been difficult. I wonder if it is stress or worry Im unsure. I hope your feeling better Crow and its nice to meet you
Sometimes if I'm absolutley exhausted and feel like I'm about to collapse, I just put my head to my pillow and fall asleep almost instantly but other times it just doesn't work.

Is there any strees or worry in your life at the moment, Alyssa? That might be what's causing you not to sleep. Anyway, it's nice to meet you too.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #14
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemcat
Lay as still as you can in your bed and let a fan blow into your face .
This one really works for me, espeically if you focus on the sound of the fan and the feeling on your face and i know this sounds silly but sometimes I imagine the sounds of the fan is actually a plane engine and I'm flying off to some peaceful location to sit under a palm tree with a cocktail in a half coconut cup LOL!! Works everytime!

No trouble sleeping at the moment, had minor surger Thursday and have been out of it from aneasthetic ever since (hence spelling mistakes) Also feeling really REALLY down, worse I've felt for a long time, obviously a side effect, I can't stop cyring! Needed to come to Al's place to cheer myself up.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #15
systemcat
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter
This one really works for me, espeically if you focus on the sound of the fan and the feeling on your face and i know this sounds silly but sometimes I imagine the sounds of the fan is actually a plane engine and I'm flying off to some peaceful location to sit under a palm tree with a cocktail in a half coconut cup LOL!! Works everytime!

No trouble sleeping at the moment, had minor surger Thursday and have been out of it from aneasthetic ever since (hence spelling mistakes) Also feeling really REALLY down, worse I've felt for a long time, obviously a side effect, I can't stop cyring! Needed to come to Al's place to cheer myself up.
Here's a couple pics I found on a site I use to cheer myself up, Bexter. I hope they work for you as well . One to the note of sleep and another one just to be silly.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
Snish
Observer's Aid

I love LOLcats! Yay!!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #17
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Oh how cute!!!!!!!!!!

My kids loved them too
Old 07-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #18
ohboy
Junior Leaper

I love the cat jokes. That reminds of me a friend who lives across the country who e-mailed me a whole bunch of em'. Of course, I had to go and delete them...

If I ever get anymore, I'll show you.

The cat is on the lawnmower with that look
Old 07-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #19
AlyssaCalavicci

LMAO those cats! LOL that cracked me up lol I needed the laugh today Crow I think I might have alot of stress indeed might be why I cant sleep. I fianlly got some this morning I think about 8 hours so that must be good
Old 07-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #20
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

I managed to get some proper sleep last night!! Nine hours!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #21
AlyssaCalavicci

omg thats wonderful Crow ((Hugs)) I managed to get some myself in the last few days finally LOL I keep dreaming that I am leaping still and Al is still there I must have it bad for sweet Al LOL How are you doing today?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #22
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Yeah!!! Good to hear it. Did you use a technique, or did you just lay down and fall asleep?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
AlyssaCalavicci

For me I just fell asleep unsure how I managed that LOL guess my body gave out then lol
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #24
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaCalavicci
For me I just fell asleep unsure how I managed that LOL guess my body gave out then lol
Pretty much the same. But it's 2:21 AM over here and I still haven't fallen asleep yet. I tought for a moment, my trouble sleeping had gone away. Anyway, congratulations Alyssa.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
AlyssaCalavicci

Aww Crow I hate when that happens ((Hugs)) I hope you can get some sleep soon and thanks sweetie I wonder if my leaping dreams will stop though Im not complaining I do like dreaming about Al LOL I hope you can get some sleep soon.