Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Mrs Calavicci
PQL Visitor

Default Which episodes leave you crying?

This thread is for all us softies that cry at episodes of our favorite show!!

Mine are

MIA
Eight and a half months
Trilogy
Shock Treatment
The leap home 1 and 2
Mirror Image

There are a few more but those are the ones that I cry at every time I see them!
So is anyone as soppy as me?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

There are several that make me cry for different reasons, so you are far from alone.

The one that always stands out for me though is perhaps not one others would think of.

The first time I saw "Single Drop of Rain" Sam's prayer in the field had me weeping. The really incredible thing being that I was watching it dubbed in German, a language I neither speak nor understand beyond a few odd words.
Yet Scott's superlative acting, and the emotive music, and the whole atmosphere of the scene were enough to move me to tears, and let me work out fairly accurately, as it turned out, exactly what was going on.

Now THAT is skillful screenplay! At least in my book.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Mirror Image is the big one; those last words left me emotionally traumatized for a long time, and I'm still worried about how I'm going to handle it when I finally get the episode on DVD and watch it again...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Okay, I haven't actually CRIED....but come close on
M.I.A.
The Leap Home II
Mirror Image
Freedom
Old 04-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
Mrs Calavicci
PQL Visitor

Mirror image even now gets me bawling my eyes out! I felt myself willing Sam to be able to go home, but I sort of knew that he wasn't going to
Old 04-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

Post Oh Boy!

For me its MIA, Shock Treatment and goodnight dear heart.

I don't cry much when I see things on t.v. but these are a few of the ones that get to me. I know there are others but, I just watched these this last week and found my self need the cleanx box.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
JuliaM
Project Observer

The only one that can really m ove me to tears - no matter what - is "The Leap Home pt. 1". Like Al, I would too would give anything for the gift that Sam was given - just to spend one more day, one more Thanksgiving with my mother.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
RossBeckett
Project Observer

I just caught the last 2 parts of the Trilogy episode the other day. By the end of the third I really got teary-eyed because I was thinking about that being the beginning of Sammy Jo and about how far she has come into the Virtual Seasons. I don't cry as much as I used to at Mirror Image seeing that that wasn't really the final episode! Final ep on TV, yes. You know she's married now. To whom, though, I can't tell you. If you wanna know PM me. Otherwise you'll have to read it in TVS. This brings me to wonder how the TV continuation will write her life.

Steve
RossBeckett
Old 05-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
SuperSam
PQL Visitor

MIA & Leap Home II
Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #10
Becky
PQL Visitor

Al dancing with Beth in MIA always makes me sniffly, it reminds me a bit of the film Ghost as well, which I defy anyone to sit through that and remain dry-eyed.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
JuliaM
Project Observer

That would be me. I've never once shed a tear or even thought about it while watching Ghost. Generally it's not the romantic stuff that can leave me teary which is probably why MIA has no affect one me - well, that and it's one of my least-liked episodes.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
Al dancing with Beth in MIA always makes me sniffly, it reminds me a bit of the film Ghost as well, which I defy anyone to sit through that and remain dry-eyed.
I did. I'm notoriously difficult to move to tears. Ghost didn't manage that feat.

Last edited by LadyKayoss; 05-09-2006 at 11:52 AM.
LadyKayoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #13
laestrella
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKayoss
I did. I'm notoriously difficult to move to tears.
You too. I cry at everything, even Shrek
David North: Miss it?
Logan: Right about now I am.
laestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #14
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz
That would be me. I've never once shed a tear or even thought about it while watching Ghost. Generally it's not the romantic stuff that can leave me teary which is probably why MIA has no affect one me - well, that and it's one of my least-liked episodes.
Jen clutches her chest and falls to the ground.

How can you not like MIA?

Oh well, to each her own. I personally despise Trilogy, so I can't talk.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #15
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

It's hard to make me cry, but I will admit that I did actually shed a tear during "Jimmy." The scene where Al's telling Sam about Trudy, when his voice suddenly cracks and you can hear his anguish really got to me; I think it was the thought of how losing my own siblings would affect me that did it.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #16
risk_nut
PQL Visitor

MIA was the big one so far for me. Leap Home Part 2 and Jimmy were not far behind.
Opps are men suppose to say they well-up?

In great deeds something abides, on great fields something stays, forms change and pass, bodies disappear but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of the soul. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of shall come here, to ponder and to dream. And the power of the vision shall pass into their souls.
Kay Dodge
risk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
laestrella
Control Room Technician

Default don't worry 'nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk_nut
MIA was the big one so far for me. Leap Home Part 2 and Jimmy were not far behind.
Opps are men suppose to say they well-up?
i should clarify that my beloved grandpa & i cried (i still do) used to cry over EVERYTHING! we're nuts...huh? i cried at the end of shrek 1 b/c he got the girl, mia, wrong stuff b/c well i love chimps, pilot b/c he forgot al, etc.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #18
Enterprise
Assistant to Gooshie

MIRROR IMAGE cos its the last one.... and Sam telling beth Als still alive really cracks me up, and MIA, because HOW CAN ANYONE WATCH THAT EP WITHOUT CRYING? It's a physical impossibility...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #19
Rowan
PQL Visitor

Hmm..
M.I.A. definitely, The Leap Home part II (when we find out he could have saved Al) and Mirror Image, but only because he fixes things for Al.

I think it was because we're presented with Al in a particular light and these reveal so much more about him.

Don't like The Leap Back - it ruined the series for me and made Trilogy uncomfortable. Knowing Sam was married just made him obsessing over another woman and having a child seem really wrong. Instead, they should have made the outcome of Star-Crossed Donna marrying her first love and not Sam.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #20
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Don't like The Leap Back - it ruined the series for me and made Trilogy uncomfortable. Knowing Sam was married just made him obsessing over another woman and having a child seem really wrong. Instead, they should have made the outcome of Star-Crossed Donna marrying her first love and not Sam.
I just pretend that sometimes, Donna isn't there due to shifting timelines. It's much easier to watch Trilogy if you think that Donna's with the first guy due to some change Sam made.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #21
SuperSam
PQL Visitor

Mirror Image was sad at the end.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #22
laestrella
Control Room Technician

LadyKayoss: That's great you can think of Donna not being there. That's the main reason I balled & still do ball my eyes out. What about Donna? I always believed that Sammy Jo had a mentor named Donna Elesee who introduced her to a certain man named Sam Beckett who spoke at her college graduation, after receiving a seventh (honorary, not an earned) degree. It was MIT about say 1984. This is so we can keep the timeline Sam remembers from Star Crossed. However, my theory about this is debunked when realizing Sammy Jo would be only 16, presumably the time that she was graduating from high school and taking some college courses. I always did believe that is now Sam & Donna get Sammy Jo on the project. Or perhaps SJ met Beth because her stepfather was in the Navy like Al and Abi and Beth bonded. Okay, enough is enough. I got other ideas but I wish I could put more of them into a cohesive whole to make a good fan fic that is not hated by the rest of us Leapers.
David North: Miss it?
Logan: Right about now I am.
laestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Shock Theater
Leap Back (at the last part, i seriously almost sobbed)
Mirror IMage
MIA

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #24
Qlfan*Sam&Al!!
PQL Visitor

I cried in mirror image! It was soo sad! I also cried in shock theater, that too was v.sad!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #25
bluedana
Accelerator Technician

Well, it takes a lot to make me cry, generally, but there are two pretty obscure scenes that do it for me. The first is in "Thou Shalt Not..." (an episode I know not everybody likes), where Sam is a rabbi. The scene begins with the mom of the family making up the guest room for Sam, and we find out it was her college aged son's room. The son died in a plane crash on his way to Europe on a backpacking trip a year before. The mother is wracked with guilt because she had convinced her husband to let the son go on the trip, and the father is totally angry at her and everybody else. Between the two of them, they are completely ignoring their 13 year old daughter, who has concluded that her parents hate her for not being her brother. Oy. Anyway, when the mom admits how guilty she feels, sensitive Sam says, "Danny loved you." And the mom says, Did he love me as he was dying? Did he love me when his plane was crashing?

And I just lose it right there.

The second is in "Deliver Us From Evil," when Frank walks in on Sam and Alia (Alia having set Sam up), and he begins screaming and slapping Sam, who is cowering in a corner. What gets me about this scene is (1) the hurt puppy look on Sam's face, (2) the fact that we know the "real" Jimmy is such a sweetheart (see "Shock Theatre"), and (3) the memory of how much Frank loves Jimmy from the first "Jimmy" episode. *Tears.*