Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Default Hello all

I really have never been very good at introductions, considering that there are so many places that one could start at, so please forgive the gawky transitions.

My first experience with Quantum Leap was seeing the commercials for it on ION Televison, a channel that I often watch on weeknights. I was impressed by the commercial (I found the commercial where Sam leapt into Mimi from the Drew Carrey Show hilarious), and I have been faithfully watching ever since. Currently, the show is almost finished with the second season, and I hope that it goes through at least one full run (ION is notorious for switching it's programming at the drop of a hat).

As any fan could guess, I got the name "ohboy" from Sam, since that is his catch phrase. Not very creative, but I like it.

Oh, and I am also terrible at ending introductions, since there are so many points in which to end. So, I guess I could close with a simple "nice to meet all of you".

P.S. If anyone knows if there is a spell check when writing a post/thread, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Welcome from the resident Brit.

Always good to hear from new fans.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Al The Observer
Observer's Aid

Hello, and welcome to Al's Place!

As for the spell check, I am unaware of a board-hosted spell check, but I use the browser Firefox, which has a built-in spell check. It underlines misspelled words as one types.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Welcome aboard, you are most welcome and hope you'll stay and chat some!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
NYCSciFiFan
Accelerator Technician

Love the name. Welcome!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Grognette
Imaging Chamber Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy
I really have never been very good at introductions, considering that there are so many places that one could start at, so please forgive the gawky transitions.

My first experience with Quantum Leap was seeing the commercials for it on ION Televison, a channel that I often watch on weeknights. I was impressed by the commercial (I found the commercial where Sam leapt into Mimi from the Drew Carrey Show hilarious), and I have been faithfully watching ever since. Currently, the show is almost finished with the second season, and I hope that it goes through at least one full run (ION is notorious for switching it's programming at the drop of a hat).

As any fan could guess, I got the name "ohboy" from Sam, since that is his catch phrase. Not very creative, but I like it.

Oh, and I am also terrible at ending introductions, since there are so many points in which to end. So, I guess I could close with a simple "nice to meet all of you".

P.S. If anyone knows if there is a spell check when writing a post/thread, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.
hello and welcome !! ohboy ! i love it too !!! good trip !!