1308 Deceit

What do you rate this episode?

• 3 This episode was good. It was worth reading.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 Bellisario would be rolling in his grave - if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Deceit

August 17, 1977 and August 22-23, 2007
Project Alexander, Somewhere in the British Isles

Several times in the past, Samuel Beckett and Al Calavicci have encountered Lothos and his Evil Leapers, yet it still comes as a great shock for both men when Sam finds himself back at Project Alexander. This time around, Sam finds himself in the midst of Alexander’s dark beginning as Duke Lothoman, Nathaniel’s older brother. Has Sam finally found a way to destroy Project Alexander once and for all? Or will Lothoman learn of Sam’s true identity?

Back at Project Quantum Leap, things are definitely not as they seem when Ensign Edward Sharpe IV pairs up with Doctor Roy Bremmer, devising a plan that can very well destroy the Calavicci family.
Written by: Erik Dreiling and Katherine Freymuth

Thanks for reading!

The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.3

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

Good story here. We find out how the evil project comes to be and we learn about Lothos' past.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

A great episode! I always like it when Sam goes back to the Evil Leaper Project. Maybe someday between Al and he it can be destroyed for good. Good insight to the beginnings of the project however. Christa should watch out I think her husband isn't all he's cracked up to be. I sense some future forboding there. A great job Katharine and Erik. A definite "9".

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

This story just flowed. There wasn't a hiccup that I could see. It was very well written, thought out and it gave some insight on some of the inner workings of the evil leaper project.

It's quite obvious that is afoot here. And that it's Christa that looks to be the pawn that will be squashed. I hope that isn't the case. I love all the Calavicci Clan. Don't want any of the good ones to be thrown away.

RATING: 10.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

It was very interesting to get some insight into Lothos' background. Even before his transformation into his present form, the man who would become the entity that is Lothos, it was clear to any who knew him well that Nathaniel Lothoman was a mad genius. *shivers* That one is NOT to be crossed, much less trusted, for any reason.

Great story, you two. Well done, indeed.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gooshie:

Another look into Project Alexander's past -- and Nathaniel has a brother! It was interesting to see some of the history behind the evil project, seemingly toward its very beginning. I'm glad that Tanya was able to get away. Will she show up again in the future? Who leaped into Eddy (I think we all figured that Eddy is no longer there)? Will Christa survive?

I love all of the open-ended questions left with this episode. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see them resolved.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ziggy's Soul

This story was fantastic. The set up with the story line is great and overall, it was a rather engrossing read. The ominous "consequences" is certainly a eerie thought that future things will happen. Knowing the writers, I'm sure we're in for a bumpy ride. Be afraid, be very afraid.

While the story was very well written, there were a few times I had to go back into the story to catch who was talking. Additionally a few grammatical errors (but certainly nothing major.) Overall, the story was well constructed. It was certainly a story worthy of this series.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
This episode was very exciting to write. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it so. Kat and I had so much fun writing this story and to see it on the 'silver monitor' is a real treat for us :)

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!!

This story really was a blast to write! I'm so glad you all enjoyed it so much! As for the open-ended questions... well, if we answered those, what fun would there be in future stories? :lol

Thank you again!

Kat

Finally got around to reading this one!

I echo the comments of the official raters. A cracking good read, and the promise of more intrigue to come.

Seems that not only Eddie Sharpe but the not so good doctor are under the influence of the evil leapers. :hair

Poor Christa. And poor Eddie, if the interloper gets Al mad at him, he'll have a lot of squirming to do.