The Me I Am

JuliaM

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2004
Massachusetts
www.seshatplace.com
This would be my first fiction. It's the product of about 5 minutes scribbling on a piece of paper.

The Me I Am

by J.A. Moniz

As the blue light of the leap faded away he looked and around and realized he was alone. That was somewhat unusual. He almost always was thrust into unknown situations with others all around him. This time, there weren't any others.

He had time to look around - to get his bearings. He was in another time, another place...another face. But he was still himself, wasn't he? Despite all of the leaps wasn't he still Sam Beckett? But if our identities are formed by the lives we live how could he still be himself after all of the lives he'd experienced. Was he still the same Sam Beckett today as he was when he the day he leaped? Would he even recognize his own face in the mirror? Did Sam Beckett still really exist or was he just an empty shell of a man destined to spend the rest of his life as a vessel for the identities of others? Who was he?

"Sam"

It was one simple word, one name but coming from the mouth of the man in front of him it gave him his identity. He WAS Sam Beckett. No matter how many lives he leaped into and no matter how many identities he assumed, he would always be Sam Beckett. Always, as long as he had the one constant in his life to remind him of who he was - his friend Al.

Well, if that's the product of 5 minutes, I'd love to see what you could do with 10 mins, 15 mins, or an hour!! :hurray: That was a great little piece!

Take it from me--the plot bunny will always win...unless you give it away to someone else. And even then..... <g>