Unofficial Quantum Leap Day!

RossBeckett

Project QL Intern
February 29th. Next year, as most of you knew already, is a LEAP year!!! :)

~Steve(aka RossBeckett)

Hi! Me again. 6 more months until my 21st birthday :cheers
This coming Christmas is my first one being a member here at Al's Place(and also the other ezboard communities as of 9/27/03)

~Steve(aka RossBeckett):leap

This part edited by me: The pics that I posted did not show up on my computer. Did the rest of you see them or are you just seeing blank boxes with "image" inside?
45-1650.jpg

If the nitwits running Sci-Fi were SMART (which is sort of like an oxymoron), they should do another Quantum Leap Year Marathon, like they did in 2000. The best thing about that marathon was they had Scott introduce each episode and give commentary at the end of each. It was a nice touch. Wish they'd do stuff like that more often! :)

Yeah, you're right, I'd love to have that... Unfortunately, I don't have Sci-Fi channel, so I wouldn't even see it... that's way too bad... I only have Space, and they don't even play QL anymore, and it's ddriving me crazy!!! :nut

I just wanted to know, what exactly is a LEAP year??? I just don't get it :banghead

Well, I guess I'd better go study now, so I'll see you guys later...

Clara5

Ok. Ross. Son, you have missed the boat on the image linking lol.

Here let me try this again.

You have to have a picture uploaded on a website somewhere. The picture can not be simply stored on your computer.

When I gave you an example of http://www.domainname.com/45-1650.jpg the word "domainname" would of course be the name of the domain, or website if you will, that the picture resides on.

For instance, if you had uploaded a picture named "balloon.jpg" to a website that you had on geocities.com and your username is rossbeckett2002, then the image patch you would use to make the picture would be:

http://www.geocities.com/rossbeckett2002/balloon.jpg

Before you go trying to make that one work, you have to have a website and a picture that you put there.

That was just an example.

Another example is the image of the Starbright Project logo at the top right hand side of this page. If you right click on the image and select "properties" you can see that the image path is http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/img/starbrightproject/starbrightlogo_messageboard.jpg

This is because I uploaded an image named starbrightprojectlogo_messageboard.jpg to my website and put it in a folder called starbrightproject which is in another folder called img.

I would suggest you take a computer class of some sort that teaches basic website building or just visit any basic web building site using a search engine for tips and tricks.

Try it again. If you mess up, I'll edit your post to fix the issue until you get the hang of it.

Clara, I know what you mean... but I think that Space's contract finished up for running QL. QL started re-running in March 1999 and stopped in July 2002, and I think that's because at the end of July was the end of the tenth run of the series. They had a "So Long to QL" marathon on Easter weekend of 2002, and then gave us another 3.5 months or so of QL. :lol

A leap year, my friend, is a year with the extra day of February 29... they've been going on since before 1600, I believe. <LOL> I'm sure you were aware of this, and perhaps didn't completely understand Steve's post.

... Mike. ^_^

P.S.: Yes, I'm still alive, but my computer wasn't this week. -_- Got it all fixed now, tho'. ^___^

Hey Mike, thanks for everything.

I agree it was cool Space showed Quantum Leap, but I missed the marathon they showed... I actually planned the vrc on the wrong day!!! So I never saw those top 10 eps... :(

Anyways, thanks for telling me what a leap year is... Actually I had no idea how to call it, because you see in french (my mother language) we call it a "ann?e bissextile", not sure about the spelling though, hehe. I know what it is, I just had no idea what it was called in english, so thanks to you I learned something today.

Well, see you later everyone!!!

Clara