Meeting Captain Galaxy (Richard Herd)

That's really cool! He may have just appeared in two QL episodes, but he was definately one of the more memorable guest stars. :) And I love that silver hat. Good luck acquiring it!

And yes, get photos. Many photos.

I got to meet Richard Friday afternoon! I made a new page to show and tell all about it.

Check it out in the Cast & Crew section!

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/castandcrew/richardherd.htm

He was great! I didn't get to buy the triangle hat, but did buy one of the silver paper hats the kids wore in the episode. Lots of pics and info on the page. Enjoy... I know I did!

Brian, that is so special and sweet!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Thanks for sharing Brian! Funny thing(well, not really laugh out loud funny); I watched Endgame(ST:VGR series final?) last night on a recently purchased "Time Travel Fan Collective". Mr. Herd guest-starred as Admiral Owen Paris.

In the picture of Richard Herd and Brian, Brian looks kinda like Bruce McGill. ;) :lol

Steve
RossBeckett

Good stuff Brian. Richard Herd is such a great actor, so well done on meeting him. If we see the username RichardHerd pop up here, should we assume it's him?!

RossBeckett, a bit more trekkie trivia for you. Bruce McGill stars as timeship captain/time traveller Captain Braxton in the Star Trek: Voyager episode, "Relativity"

Or maybe it was really Brian! Who knows :)

Don Quixote said:
If we see the username RichardHerd pop up here, should we assume it's him?!

I wouldn't assume it's him until I make an announcement. I have extended the invitation and may create a username for him just in case he wants to stop by for a chat sometime :)

Otherwise, I told him I'd help him sell some souveniers from the show and autographed photos, so as soon as I get the info, I'll pass that along. I do know he's selling the silver traingle hat he wore in "Future Boy" for $1000.00 or best offer. :)

Now, if you could just persuade him to attend a little gathering of QL fans, that would be awesome! :) Though online chatting would be fun, too. I wouldn't mind an autographed photo if they were available.

Way to go Brian. Loved the surprise ending in the episode. OK both surprises, the one where "Moe" gives Sam the string analogy and the one where he is not a nutbar, just looking to go back and make things right in his life. Guess that is why I love the show so much.

Good job!!! Must have been great to meet someone off Quantum Leap, his character was one of my faves aswell!!! How about everyone chips in to buy the hat? Could do it through tip the bartender.....

Enterprise said:
Good job!!! Must have been great to meet someone off Quantum Leap, his character was one of my faves aswell!!! How about everyone chips in to buy the hat? Could do it through tip the bartender.....

Interesting thought... but if I donated, I'd want the chance to get a photo of me posing in that hat...

Way to go, Brian! I should have stopped by more often, because if I'd have known I'd have asked you to show Richard the Cokeburg photos and story I'd written. I bet he's never been there.
Who says that great efforts never get noticed or rewarded?