Scott in New Star Trek DVD collective

Enterprise

Project QL Intern
Mar 3, 2006
Newcastle, UK
Just to let any Scott-a-holics know that he's completed some interviews and episode introductions for the new Star Trek: Captains Log fan collective set just like the Borg and Klingon sets that have been released recently.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7633

He does introductions for 2 episodes including: #Shudder# These are the voyages and also closes the set, which has 15 episodes in all.

God, my shopping list is sooooooo long now....:eek

When I got home from work today I was surprised to see my copy of Captain's Log had arrived - I wasn't expecting it unti tomorrow or Thursday. Anyway, I popped it in to see the introduction/interview pieces Scott had done. I'd say the two introductions, three interview pieces and closing statement probably total nearly 10 minutes all together and were interesting to see. Scott seems to have had a much easier time introducing "Judgment" than he "These Are the Voyagers".

I did some screencaps off of it and uploaded it to my website here: http://sbscreencaps.com/captainslog.htm

bluedana said:
How These Are The Voyages would make it into a FAN collective baffles me.

It's probably becuase people are looking at it for what it is and not for what it is not. I like it as added scenes to TNG episode The Pegasus. The TRUE series finalé of the show was Terra Prime. It peeves me off that UPN aired and promoted These Are The Voyages as a series finalé giving Terra Prime penultimate episode status. It's okay to end a series with a "regular" episode. Look at the series finalé of "Star Trek". http://www.epguides.com/startrek

Sounds interesting though!

~Steve B.

Almost a year ago I borrowed ENT season four from the library and watched the whole thing but "These are the voyages". Jolene Blalock, once made a great comment on what she thought of that episode. Real shame I can't repeat it here due to rules of language.:hmm

"These Are The Voyages" was supposed to be a 'valentine' to the Star Trek fans, personally I thought it was a slap in the face not only to the fans of the show but to the brillant cast of Enterprise. There couldn't have been a worse way to end the series. Why didn't they just call it a Next Generation episode if they were going to insult us that way?

I've been a fan of Scott's for years and I just hated to see him and the rest of the crew treated, to me anyway, in such a way.

Enterprise had a lot of fans and a lot of promise. I just wish that The Powers That Be had been able to see the same thing.:wacko

suzieb said:
"These Are The Voyages" was supposed to be a 'valentine' to the Star Trek fans, personally I thought it was a slap in the face not only to the fans of the show but to the brillant cast of Enterprise. There couldn't have been a worse way to end the series. Why didn't they just call it a Next Generation episode if they were going to insult us that way?

I've been a fan of Scott's for years and I just hated to see him and the rest of the crew treated, to me anyway, in such a way.

Enterprise had a lot of fans and a lot of promise. I just wish that The Powers That Be had been able to see the same thing.:wacko

I don't blame you or anyone for feeling that way about TATV. I hate it for the way it was aired. It was aired as a series finale when it should've been a bonus episode on a future Trek DVD. They could've done a lot better for a series finale or even just have called Terra Prime a series finale.

And I agree with you about the cast and that the episode was insulting to them. At least QL was given a proper series finale, however, that was another series that was ended prematurely and it could've gone on for AT LEAST 5 years more.

~Steve B.

RossBeckett said:
At least QL was given a proper series finale, however, that was another series that was ended prematurely and it could've gone on for AT LEAST 5 years more.

Uuuhhh... I think to be honest that that's a bit of a long shot, sure us fans/ QL Obsessives would've swarmed and cheered for a few more series but all shows have a point where they just can't go on.

I think that QL may have straddled the 'Jump the Shark' moment for it's five seasons but the concept would eventually dry up in TV land (Virtual Seasons are fantastic though;)), just take a look at something like, say Next Gen, the first two seasons were, to put it bluntly - boring, 3-5 were the pinnacle and 'Golden Age' and 6&7 were... 'meh'.

Still, wouldn't mind a TV movie #Hint, Hint#:heybaby

bluedana said:
How These Are The Voyages would make it into a FAN collective baffles me.

I'm convinced that Enterprise-haters had to have stuffed the ballot box. That *thing* was a complete travesty and I can hardly think about it without getting angry.

Hey I sort of like the ending to Enterprise, I was obviously upset that it was ending but thought the wrap up was quite entertaining and nice having some TNG actors involved. I thought the writers did quite well considering they probably didn't have a lot of notice that the show was being cancelled. If you are going to throw things at me, please make them soft objects, I have been really sick *cough*sneeze*cough*