Leap Sound Effect

I've now made your sound effect as my message alert on my mobile (cell) phone. Hope you don't mind me breaching copyright and stealing it. I'm waiting for the day when someone hears it and says that's Quantum Leap, so far my friends think I am weird but alas they are not fans.

I've now made your sound effect as my message alert on my mobile (cell) phone. Hope you don't mind me breaching copyright and stealing it. I'm waiting for the day when someone hears it and says that's Quantum Leap, so far my friends think I am weird but alas they are not fans.

Well, I will start by stealing yor idea ! *L*

It all depends on your phone. I had to convert the sound file to one my phone could play and then I connected my phone to my PC via bluetooth and copied the file over. Then it was a case of changing the text alert setting on my phone to play the new sound file instead of the default sound that came with the phone.

On my phone it's 3gp.

Thats the type of sounds files I can put on it.

I may be confused, but that shouldn't have to do with the sounds files right?
Isn't it the network?
At least 3g is. I don't know what 3gp is :)

Ok :)

Let me exlain.

The theory behind sound files on mobile phones is this:

They are (if not all, most of, especially with older modules me thinks), are whats called a 3gp file.

You may use software to convert a mp3 into a 3gp file.

I think with older modules only 3gp sound files work on them.

Thats what I've read on the net.

Unless me wrong!

:)

Ah. Never heard of 3gp. Thanks :)

Just googled it. Cool. Looks like a video and sound format...

Hmm. So can your phone use only 3gp?
No other ones?

I don't know, I looked it up on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GP
and it says it's simplified MPEG-4 which is video.

i don't know either if we're allowed to give out 'brand names' anyway, i have a good converter too.

I'm just surprised because .3gp appears to be a new format and you have an old phone. So I thought you may be able to play .mp3 or .wav sound.
Anyway, whatever works is good :)

I'm using the Leap sfx for incoming sms.
It's awesom-est!

I never could get the sound file to play. I have it saved as a WAV file, but it won't play in Real Player or Windows Media Player.

:(

Strange. Have you tried downloading winamp?
Not sure that's the answer, but who knows.

Or maybe download the .wav file again? Your copy may be corrupt.

:)

I re-downloaded the .wav file (onto my usb drive), and it still doesn't work. I don't know what winamp is, but I'm not supposed to download stuff onto this computer (at work), so I won't do that. I do have a leap sound that I recorded onto my phone for an alert tone, but it's not a true cleaned-up version. I tinkered with the start and end of the leap sound in Audacity, to make it as good as I am able to, before loading it onto my phone. I guess I'll make do with what I have. I'm just happy it's on my phone. I didn't think I'd be able to do it! :)

Hmm. I wish I could advise you.
Maybe your computer settings are blocking it? I don't really know.
At least you got something.

Did you try it on your home computer, if available?

Winamp is just yet another media playing program, but I doubt that is your solution. :)