The Quantum Leap Podcast

The Halloween Episode

12565448_1002822556449124_8435194114007117031_n.jpg

In the thirty-fifth installment of The Quantum Leap Podcast, Albie and Heather discuss season three, episode five “The B**gieman”. There are first impressions, an episode recap, thoughts and opinions, and four amazing interviews with: Paul Linke, who played Sheriff Ben Masters in The Halloween Episode, Emmy Award winner Valerie Mahaffey who played Mary Greely in The Halloween Episode, and after 26 years of silence, we find out this episode’s greatest secret, what really happened from Writer, Producer, Leapee (Joshua Rae), and Director (Southern Comforts) of Quantum Leap, Chris Ruppenthal. Also Hayden has a great interview with the author of the Quantum Leap novel Search and Rescue, Melissa Crandall, in the segment, A Novel Concept. Also, two great segments from Christopher DeFilippis B**gieman: Supernatural Horrors, and Quantum Leap Radio Sightings: 1.2 Star-Crossed. Also an article from Hayden McQueenie about… goats?

Valerie-Mahaffey.jpg
Paul-Linke.jpg

Chris-Ruppenthal-Quantum-Leap.jpg
Melissa-Crandall-Quantum-Leap.jpg

Please note, as this forum censors the name of this episode, I can't link to the podcast episode page. Please go to the homepage www.quantumleappodcast.com and select this episode from Season 3 :)

Yes "Residential Leap" was great :) and you're welcome to post any links to anything that you like. Picking the top 3 winners of the competition will be extremely difficult as there are so many contenders.

Once we are back in the full swing of things we will upload our remaining entries.

Another fanfiction to listen to

http://quantumleappodcast.com/qlp-reflections-and-repercussions-by-chris-canary/

Read by the author [maybe I should make recordings of mine someday]

Kristine Kathryn Rusch

We have a new interview up for "A Novel Concept" - Kristine Kathryn Rusch, one of the authors of "Loch Ness Leap".

Also take advantage of this special offer :)

USA Today bestselling author Kristine Kathryn Rusch writes in almost every genre. Generally, she uses her real name (Rusch) for most of her writing. Under that name, she publishes bestselling science fiction and fantasy, award-winning mysteries, acclaimed mainstream fiction, controversial nonfiction, and the occasional romance. Her works include:
The Fey series: With a sweeping scope reminiscent of George R.R. Martin’s Westeros and intricate characters like those in J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth, Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s Fey series takes fantasy in a whole new direction. When the most powerful ruling family in the world attempts to conquer a tiny, seemingly helpless island kingdom, they meet forces they never knew existed. In a fight spread over generations, this saga of hope and magic proves that the greatest power of all comes from love;
The Retrieval Artist series – a series of 15 books, consisting of seven standalone novels and the Anniversary Day Saga, an epic, eight-book story of conspiracy, revenge and shadowy justice. Miles Flint, no stranger to tough cases, walks a razor edge as he and others struggle to save the Moon from total destruction. Where will you be when the bombs go off?
And the Diving series: a space opera set in a vividly imagined far-future universe, featuring a strong, capable female heronie, blending fast-paced action with an exploration of the nature of friendship and the ethics of scientific discoveries.

Her novels have made bestseller lists around the world and her short fiction has appeared in eighteen best of the year collections. She has won more than twenty-five awards for her fiction, including the Hugo, Le Prix Imaginales, the Asimov’s Readers Choice award, and the Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine Readers Choice Award.
Rusch publishes mystery novels under the pseudonym Kris Nelscott. Publications from The Chicago Tribune to Booklist have included her Nelscott mystery novels in their top-ten-best mystery novels of the year. The Nelscott books have received nominations for almost every award in the mystery field, including the best novel Edgar Award, and the Shamus Award. Her Nelscott mystery novels include the Smokey Dalton series: Memphis, 1968. Black P.I., white client. And Martin Luther King’s on the way… Memphis P.I. SMOKEY DALTON is hired by a wealthy woman from Chicago to find out why her mother left him $10,00 in her will. Toss in the fact that 1968 Memphis is a racial powderkeg set to go off, with an on-going Sanitation Workers’ Strike and the impending arrival of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. contributing to the mix. Now add in that Smokey’s developing a strong, and apparently mutual attraction to his white client, and you’ve got one hell of a read that offers an unflinching look at a pivotal moment in American history. He’s an appealing private eye, a loner with a strong set of ethics, burning with anger at the injustices he sees everyday, but careful to distance himself from the struggle for equality swirling all around him, or any personal involvement. He doesn’t even commit himself to his profession –he prefers to call himself an “odd-jobs man.” But the distance Smokey tries to keep is rapidly shrinking, even as his attraction grows, and it soon becomes obvious that somehow, somewhere, his client’s life and his are inextricably linked.

Rusch writes goofy romance novels as award-winner Kristine Grayson, romantic suspense as Kristine Dexter, futuristic science fiction as Kris DeLake, and has sold a number of short stories.
She also edits. Beginning with work at the innovative publishing company, Pulphouse, followed by her award-winning tenure at The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, she took fifteen years off before returning to editing with the original anthology series Fiction River, published by WMG Publishing. She acts as series editor with her husband, writer Dean Wesley Smith, and edits at least two anthologies in the series per year on her own.

Rusch is one of the few people who can boast having both “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” on her resume, being the author of Star Wars: The New Rebellion, and writing or co-writing ten novels set in the Star Trek universe.

Sandy Schofield is the pen name that Kristine Kathryn Rusch and her husband Dean Wesley Smith use for their collaborative writing works. Leapers will know Sandy Schofield best as the “author” of the Quantum Leap novel “Loch Ness Leap”: Dr Donald Harding, theoretical physicist, believes only in science. His son Travis believes in the unbelievable. It’s March of 1986 when Sam leaps into Harding, who has come to Loch Ness, where his son is attempting to prove to him the existence of the fabled monster. Ziggy says that there is a fifty percent chance that Sam is there to keep the two from becoming permanently estranged. But Sam suspects that there is something more to the leap – something concerning Travis Harding’s girlfriend, an oddly familiar young woman who calls herself Dixie Fuller. Sam is right. He is not at Loch Ness for Donald Harding’s son – he is there for his own daughter. And what he does will be the key to her future – as well as his own…

Kristine-Grayson-Author-Photo-671x1024.jpg
51KKC261VJL.jpg

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Loved listening to my story come to life. One small problem - the last minute skips. It is there, if I move it forward a couple of seconds it will then run to the end, but if I let it play the last 5 minutes, it jumps from 1.01 remaining to the next title in my iTunes. Any ideas? It works fine if I play it online direct from the Podcast page.

Last edited:
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Loved listening to my story come to life. One small problem - the last minute skips. It is there, if I move it forward a couple of seconds it will then run to the end, but if I let it play the last 5 minutes, it jumps from 1.01 remaining to the next title in my iTunes. Any ideas? It works fine if I play it online direct from the Podcast page.

Hi Helen, I just listened to the version I downloaded from the page and it plays fine, so maybe there was a problem with how it downloaded. You could try deleting it from your computer and downloading it again? If that doesn't work I'll have to speak to Albie...

Hi Helen, I just listened to the version I downloaded from the page and it plays fine, so maybe there was a problem with how it downloaded. You could try deleting it from your computer and downloading it again? If that doesn't work I'll have to speak to Albie...

Okay, tried that. Unfortunately it does exactly the same thing. Maybe it's just my i-Tunes.

OK I will let Albie know. I don't use i-Tunes, I just download to the computer and play on Media Player.

My husband says that i-Tunes has a 'smooth transition' that is designed to segway into the next track without pauses. He thinks it is just tripping a little early on this track. My son is going to try importing it into audacity and adding a few seconds of blank 'tape' to the end, to trick it into waiting. I'll let you know how he gets on.

Color me thrilled

I just learned that I am one of the three lucky winners in the Podcast contest.
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Thank you SO much Chris, Hayden & team.

Eagerly awaiting my signed copy of Foreknowledge.
I read it years ago when I first collected the novelization series, but now it is most definitely down for a re-read.

Congratulations to the other two worthy winners too.
:cheers :cheers :cheers

14358840_1165676960163682_7392630115555093004_n.jpg

In the thirty-sixth installment of The Quantum Leap Podcast, Albie and Heather discuss season three, episode six, Miss Deep South. There are first impressions, an episode recap, thoughts and opinions, listener feedback, and two great interviews from episode guest stars.

Our first interview is with David Allen Brooks who played sleazy photographer Clint Beaumont. Our second interview is with Nancy Stafford who played pageant coordinator Peg Myers. Both discuss their time working on the show and their current projects.
Also stopping by is episode writer and friend of the podcast Tommy Thompson. Tommy tells us his inspiration for writing Miss Deep South and gives a unique, behind the scenes perspective on how the episode came together.

If that’s not enough, Hayden McQueenie is back with his latest “Quantum Deep” segment – where he reviews the Quantum Leap comic book “Waiting” and discusses a unique wardrobe challenge presented by Miss Deep South.
Christopher DeFilippis also returns, discussing how the humor in this episode inspired some of the more comedic aspects of his QL novel Foreknowledge, and why he considers Miss Deep South a high mark of the series and one of its best episodes. He also brings us another edition of the Quantum Leap Radio Sightings
In addition, Albie teams up with special guest Peter Veunnasack to read viewer feedback.
Listen up for all that and more.

david_allen_brooks_1995_03_14-e1473741118411.jpg
nancy-e1473741204478.jpg

14291852_1165744463490265_7600456790492072835_n.jpg

21271348_1531674380230603_3428491364165214222_n.jpg

In the thirty-seventh installment of The Quantum Leap Podcast, Albie, Heather, and special guest host Deborah Pratt discuss season three, episode seven, Black On White On Fire.

12509299_1004048572993189_6025893062723176604_n.jpg

There are first impressions, an episode recap, thoughts and opinions, news, trivia, listener feedback, and two great interviews from episode guest stars conducted by Christopher DeFilippis. Our first interview is with Corie Knights who played Susan Brewster. Our second interview is with SaMi Chester who played Bebe.

20257997_1487115284686513_5553524127506322900_n.jpg

Suzanne Smiley has a touching tribute to Director Joe Napolitano.

If that’s not enough, Hayden McQueenie is back with his latest “Quantum Deep” segment, presenting his take on marriage equality through an episode of "Quantum Leap - The Next Generation".

Christopher DeFilippis also brings us another edition of the Quantum Leap Radio Sightings.

In addition, Albie teams up with our newest QLP crew member, Lesley Wentzell, to read viewer feedback.

Enjoy :)

20155632_1487093431355365_5249633888113843569_n.jpg

Let us know what you think…

Leave us a voicemail by calling (707)847-6682.

Send in your thoughts, theories and feedback, send voice memos, MP3s & email to quantumleappodcast@gmail.com.

Also join us on Facebook.com/QuantumLeapPodcast and Twitter.com/QuantumLeapPod and as a patron receive bonus and exclusive content by signing up here… www.patreon.com/QuantumLeapPodcast.
You can also help out the show by shopping at Amazon using our affiliate link:
https://quantumleappodcast.com/Amazon :D

14358802_1168703236527721_5227476650960862128_n.jpg

Would love to hear your feedback :)

Hi,So far ive only had time to listen to the podcast interview with Jean-Pierre Dorleac. It was very interesting and entertaining. A lot of great info about the process of creating the unique clothes for Sam and Al,and about how the industry has changed (mostly for the worse) since the time when Quantum Leap was produced. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning about Quantum Leap,especially since the costumes were integral to the look and authenticity of the times being portrayed.
I look forward to listened to the other podcasts. I am going to listen to the one with Deborah Pratt next. Thanks to all the wonderful folks at Al's place for making these possible. Your time and effort are appreciated. It's such a shame so few people ever seem to post here anymore.

In the magical thirty-eighth installment of The Quantum Leap Podcast, Juan and Gabe from "Thinking Outside The Long Box" join Albie and Heather to discuss season three, episode eight of Quantum Leap, "The Great Spontini" - Recorded Live in Colorado. With Zoë Dean and Hayden McQueenie.

There are first impressions, an episode recap read by Zoë, thoughts, and opinions, and an amazing interview with Dan Birch - Magic Consultant and Sam's mirror image for this episode.

Christopher DeFilippis also brings us another edition of the Quantum Leap Radio Sightings

Matt Dale - author of "Quantum Leap: Beyond the Mirror Image" shares his journey writing, and some of his favorite Quantum Leap timeline mistakes and reconciling them.

Jessie Neumann brings us her second segment in her multi-part series on Acting: "The Magic If".

Hayden McQueenie is back with his latest “Quantum Deep” segment about Forecasting The Future.

Also some exciting news from Don Bellisario.

Enjoy :D

QLP-038-TGS-420x420.jpg

galleries_Dan_and_ScottFanenhanced.jpg

A-Little-Miracle.jpg

A belated Christmas present for all Leapers - a brand spanking almost-new episode of the Podcast!

https://quantumleappodcast.com/qlp-040-a-little-miracle-redux/

In the fortieth installment of The Quantum Leap Podcast, get ready for holiday inception. The classic episode 39 in the new episode 40. Albie and Heather discuss Season three episode ten “A Little Miracle”. It’s Quantum Leap’s take on Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. There’s first impressions, an episode recap, thoughts and opinions and a general discussion of the holiday films and television. Hayden and Amanda do a wraparound with all new content before and after the original episode. There are about 50 minutes of new stuff after the classic credits, so don’t be tempted to stop it too soon.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

tumblr_owo1kveeWY1uvb28co5_1280.jpg

tumblr_owo1kveeWY1uvb28co6_1280.jpg