Ziggy "Gummy Bear" Handlink

One thing I've noticed is that Zoé's handlink is actually a previously rejected design for Al's handlink, by Bellisario. I noticed this from screenshots of the "Sciography" documentary segment on the handlink where the concept art for all the rejected versions was shown.

Zoé's handlink appears to consist of only two colors of acrylic (orange/magenta and clear) with no LEDs or electronics whatsoever and minimal black decals for the "buttons." I would love to own a version of this. I would imagine it would be easier to produce than the Gummi and Calculator versions.

As for the post production sound effects for the episodes, they were few and far between. Almost not worth it to figure out a way to add any, IMO.
Good eyes! I noticed this too in Sciography.

So I'm piddling with the idea of doing Zoey's handlink and even sounds, although it would be tricky as you can imagine. I've got most of the sounds captured. The tricky part will be getting capacitive touch to work on the fluorescent orange surface without huge visible wires.

So I'm piddling with the idea of doing Zoey's handlink and even sounds, although it would be tricky as you can imagine. I've got most of the sounds captured. The tricky part will be getting capacitive touch to work on the fluorescent orange surface without huge visible wires.

Awesome!

Why not simply make a 'static' version like what Replica Props did with the Gummi Handlink? It would actually be more accurate anyway. Could always come out with an enhanced version later.

Why not simply make a 'static' version like what Replica Props did with the Gummi Handlink? It would actually be more accurate anyway. Could always come out with an enhanced version later.
I don't know what level of interest there would be in a static replica of Zoey's handlink.

Also the amount of effort to accurately recreate it based on 2 low res eBay photos and exhaustive reviewing of the 1 episode where it appears is 80% of the work of making the working electronics version. The electronics would likely be 4 magnet wires, a speaker, and a battery). There were no lights.

Looking at the couple pics that include Al's star badge... I never realized just how big/thick the pin was. I've been poking around looking at EL wire and what-not, and I'm not sure how one would fit the tech into something that size.

I saw someone mention somewhere that the star badges came from Spencer's. They had a side-store called Glow!, and I've posted a question to them on their Facebook page about if they are familiar with the badges. No answer yet.

I'm determined to make/buy one. I want one so bad!

Will have to save up for a long time so I can get the handlink from you guys eventually.

I don't think EL wire is sufficiently bright or big enough. I think white LEDs filtered through acrylic is how we're gonna get there. Either that or flexible LED strips. The original prop was huge. Makes me wonder if it was big enough to hold an actual neon tube.