1115 Skin Deep

Skin Deep

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Skin Deep
March 1, 1957

New Orleans, Louisiana

Sam finds himself in an outrageous Mardi Gras costume, but the leap has a far less than holiday mood about it. As he plays detective to discover the truth behind Mireille's death, he learns that things are seldom as they seem on the surface.

Written by: Helen Earl

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.17

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
Apart from being an excellent and brilliantly described suspense story, this week?s episode contains a lot of my favourite elements in Leapfic: Sam?s leaping in into an embarrassingly funny situation, using someone still alive in Al?s present to help Sam to fulfil his mission, and some hilarious Al/Ziggy dialogue towards the end (I?ll try to remember that ?snide silicon diva? line, next time my comp gives me trouble!). I hope the conclusion will be as surprising and enthralling as this first part. I just can?t rate it lower than 10!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
This was a great story. I like the way it takes place in Louisiana. All the unusual things that happen in that area. Unexplained for one. Keep up the great work, Helen and I will be waiting for the next installment next week. Good job!

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
I was enthralled with this story from start to finish. Even though this is only the first part of a 2-part story, the detail to which Helen describes everything is nothing short of brilliant. I can?t wait to see how this ends next week. A great mystery in the spirit of Quantum Leap! Keep up the great work, Helen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Great story. Colorful and evocative description makes me feel like I?m really in New Orleans.

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xanadu said:
In one word: WOW! I would have put something else, but I didn?t think that MJ or Damon would put it on the board. *G*

Dayum? this is excellent!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
Rich with details and character development this story is a wonderful blend of mystery and tension. It is always hard to review the first part of a story without knowing where it is going to end up. This story starts off very well, has kept me interested and I am eager to see where it goes. Can?t wait till Thursday.

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
(Originally posted by Dman176)

MINOR SPOILER AHEAD?

Wow, Helen! I know I always say that when I read your stories, but? WOW! I expected this to be a relatively humorous leap, and then you go ahead and pull this mystery out of your hat. I suspected as well that Mirielle?s medication is tainted, leading to her slow death. I have some theories, but I?ll have to wait until Part 2 to see if I?m correct or not.

And what?s with you and always putting Sam through such horrific pain and suffering? You?re really sadistic, you know that? I mean, I know I had him tortured ala The Passion of the Christ in the season premiere, but that was meant to be a one-time thing! :p But seriously, Sam has been put through a physical and emotional wringer a LOT this season. The poor guy deserves a break, but I don?t think he?s gonna be getting any breaks anytime soon, especially since I also know what?s coming?

Damon

"Holographic observers! What a brilliant idea!" ? Professor Arturo, "In Dino Veritas"

(Originally posted by DeadZoneLeaper)

The poor guy deserves a break, but I don?t think he?s gonna be getting any breaks anytime soon, especially since I also know what?s coming?

Ain?t that the truth?:p

QLAVATAR3.jpg

1) Mark Robbins from my QL:TVS story "Touch 'Em All" (based on a picture of me of course)
2) One of my fave shows other than QL: USA Network's Dead Zone
3) One of my fave 80's shows of all time: Greatest American Hero
4) LONG LIVE THE RESISTANCE!!!
5) The Legend Continues - True Callings Trilogy: dedicated to real heroes
--------------
DZL - A child of the 80's

(Originally posted by MikeKraken)

Helen!! Wow? absolutely what Damon said, I always enjoy your writing, but this story is so great so far. At first, I was expecting a light-hearted leap of humour, but then all of a sudden our heroes are exhuming bodies and pondering murder.

I can?t wait for part two? I?m suspecting the doctor is the culprit, but what would an absent-minded old man want with murdering a innocent teenager? This episode was just great, very QL, very exciting. I have to give it a 5.

?Mike ^_^

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MikeKraken's Web Site
Star Trek for Leapers forum
Future's Past RPG

(Originally posted by SueJBakula)

As proof reader to Helen?s story, I?m not gonna comment on this first part in case I accidentally give anything away for the 2nd part. :eek

This story is a definite 5, I?d give it a 10 but for us humble readers the ratings only go up to 5, shame.

Sue

Who says I'm in denial? I'm not insane... everyone else is!

"Fantasy" is the "Reality" of life!

My World is Quantum Leap : My Life is just the Adverts
The Leap Continues
Tribute2QL Music Video
Enterprise: The Music Video

(Originally posted by leaper1)

Thank you all for your kind comments. :D
I hope that part two doesn?t disappoint.
Seeker said: Colorful and evocative description makes me feel like I?m really in New Orleans.
For this I must express my deep and sincere gratitude to our own Jennie, a New Orleans resident, who assisted me greatly with her local knowledge.
Semolina?s to you Jennie! (Private joke) :lol

Helen

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
(Leo Buscaglia)

Leap and the net will appear. (Anon)

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
(Charles Dickens)