Go Back   Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community >
Main Quantum Leap Discussions
> Fanfilm, Revival, & Other Time Travels

Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #101
Snish
Observer's Aid

Would the writer's strike affect that? If the script is finished, maybe not, but I'm sure Deborah is a member of the writers' union.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #102
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Deborah is still at it with Universal. Don't have any new news on this just yet.
She should attempt to buy the rights from them, not work with them. It's tragic that they own the franchise in the first place.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #103
Timebunny
PQL Visitor

Default Keegan Tracy

I immediately thought of Keegan Connor Tracy, whom I first discovered on another show that was too good to go so soon, Jake 2.O.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0870535/

She's a wonderful actress, showed a lot of range in a short time on Jake, and has languages and martial arts training. I am assuming the story would have her taking the place of Sam, maybe so he can have a life, or she just wants to, and therefore she would need skills like his - or maybe there are lots of leapers ? Whatever. I like that, unlike some other suggested actors, she has delicate features like Melora does, rather than an angular face - although Melora, sadly, looks more bony now than she did then, her bone structure isn't as heavy and sharp as many. Keegan has dark wavy hair like Melora did in QL, and a certain open, emotional quality that both TV "parents" share - I think that's partly acting, but also to do with looks and personality.

She certainly showed emotion of all kinds on Jake 2.0. It was interesting how she was portrayed first as smart and shy (like Sam), kinda soft, but later we see her angry and even taking charge, believably. Sigh. Good writing, and women who are people. Instead now we have "Chuck", with an unappealing geek guy and all the females as bimbos - sorry, drifting there.

She's a little short, but they can work around that. Genetically speaking, it's not as improbable as some might think; Melora's not that tall, and on a personal note, my sister and I are both much shorter (5-7") than either of our parents, and my other sister is taller than both.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #104
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebunny
I immediately thought of Keegan Connor Tracy, whom I first discovered on another show that was too good to go so soon, Jake 2.O.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0870535/

She's a wonderful actress, showed a lot of range in a short time on Jake, and has languages and martial arts training. I am assuming the story would have her taking the place of Sam, maybe so he can have a life, or she just wants to, and therefore she would need skills like his - or maybe there are lots of leapers ? Whatever. I like that, unlike some other suggested actors, she has delicate features like Melora does, rather than an angular face - although Melora, sadly, looks more bony now than she did then, her bone structure isn't as heavy and sharp as many. Keegan has dark wavy hair like Melora did in QL, and a certain open, emotional quality that both TV "parents" share - I think that's partly acting, but also to do with looks and personality.

She certainly showed emotion of all kinds on Jake 2.0. It was interesting how she was portrayed first as smart and shy (like Sam), kinda soft, but later we see her angry and even taking charge, believably. Sigh. Good writing, and women who are people. Instead now we have "Chuck", with an unappealing geek guy and all the females as bimbos - sorry, drifting there.

She's a little short, but they can work around that. Genetically speaking, it's not as improbable as some might think; Melora's not that tall, and on a personal note, my sister and I are both much shorter (5-7") than either of our parents, and my other sister is taller than both.
Wow she totally looks the part, she looks exactly like an adult Kimberly(the youn girl who played the 11 year old Sammy Jo)

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #105
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Yeah she was good in Jake 2.0

I could totally get behind her playing Sammi-Jo.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #106
joshua_stn1974
PQL Visitor

If Deborah Pratt is using the script that I have heard about Sammie Jo, I unfortunately have found many flaws in her script. Mainly with the story plot. If she goes through with it, she will be losing this fan forever. I myself have been kicking around a story plot for a QL movie that works alot better. So if you truly do pass these on to Deborah.....tell her if she wants me to explain the flaws in her story line better......leave me a message and I would be glad to go over these flaws.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #107
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua_stn1974
I myself have been kicking around a story plot for a QL movie that works alot better. So if you truly do pass these on to Deborah.....tell her if she wants me to explain the flaws in her story line better......leave me a message and I would be glad to go over these flaws.
And what makes you say your story plot " works alot better"?! Because you wrote it?!

Anyway,No matter the flaws at the moment,what's matter is - that this TV movie will happend ["with god help" (or time or fate or whatever... ).] and give the fan some closures after 15 years.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #108
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

No the script you may have seen is by Trey Callaway and yes it does have timeline flaws. Deborah's script has not been released anywhere. Deborah knows about the flaws in Trey's script an has assured me that her's doesn't go that route.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #109
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by isz
what's matter is - that this TV movie will happen and give the fan some closures after 15 years.
It's now being proposed as a feature film to be released in theaters. As soon as I get details on a possible letter writing campaign, I'll post something here. Deborah wants Jennifer Garner to play Sammy Jo last we spoke.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #110
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

Feature film?! I think A TV movie could be better,or maybe some kind of a mini-series. But ahh- as long as the fan will get some kind of a closure ,i'm sure it won't matter to them.
Anyway,for a Feature film i can understand why she wants Jennifer Garner for the part of Sammy-Jo.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #111
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Deborah wants Jennifer Garner to play Sammy Jo last we spoke.
Jennifer is a much better choice than her original suggestion of Julia Roberts.

Fingers crossed that this doesn't disappear into the Twilight Zone.

We'll be watching this space with interest (plus interest, if you get me! )

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #112
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

I was watching The Hunchback Of Notre Dame with my BFF last night as I had her over for the night and we watched the extras where they talked to some of the voice actors I was noticing that Demi Moore who provides the voice for Esmeralda has a resemblance to Beth. I know that there has been a lot of years between then and now but she still looks very good and now she even looks like a decent candidate for Donna even. I think she would be very good for one of the two roles of QLs wonderful wives.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000193/

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Old 01-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #113
QLEAP
Imaging Chamber Technician

I still want Kimberly Cullum...they could make her look any way they want to
Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #114
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLEAP
I still want Kimberly Cullum...they could make her look any way they want to
Did anyone here was aware of that... http://kimberlycullum.net/ ?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #115
Sherlock's Sparrow
Waiting Room Visitor

For Sammy Jo, I was thinking maybe Summer Glau, she's like 26 or something, would that be too young? Or maybe Jewel Staite, but she's younger than Summer.

Sherlock's Sparrow
Sherlock's Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #116
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

The Sammy-Jo Deborah is looking for,from what i understood, suppose to be in her 30's so...I think Summer Glau is too young and so is Jewel Staite.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #117
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock's Sparrow
For Sammy Jo, I was thinking maybe Summer Glau, she's like 26 or something, would that be too young? Or maybe Jewel Staite, but she's younger than Summer.
Yes that would be too young, Sammy Jo I think is supposed to be around Sam's age when he first leaped, or at least late 30's.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 AM   #118
Lea-Per
Waiting Room Visitor

I've just read this entire thread: how exciting!! I think Jen Garner would be a great choice. I also thought Kate Hewlett was a great suggestion. I'll toss in a suggestion of my own, just in case JG is not available: Nicole de Boer. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0207498/ She's just turned 37, so she's the right age. Gosh, I would like to see this project (pardon the pun ;-)) succeed!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #119
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Just read the article where Scott mentions the leap back convention. In it he states that he is ready to get back to a television series. Wouldn't it be awesome if that new series will be a new Quantum Leap. With all kinds of past shows getting remade or updated ie; Knight Rider, Bionic woman etc... I strongly believe that Quantum Leap will definatley be back on the small screen. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #120
Indiana Leaper
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colter
Just read the article where Scott mentions the leap back convention. In it he states that he is ready to get back to a television series. Wouldn't it be awesome if that new series will be a new Quantum Leap. With all kinds of past shows getting remade or updated ie; Knight Rider, Bionic woman etc... I strongly believe that Quantum Leap will definatley be back on the small screen. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

I have no doubt that Quantum Leap will be resumed in some format.The feature film sounds exciting...if it went ahead and was successful then a new series could follow...the interest as shown by the website is still very strong..Only today I sent Universal an email asking about Quantum Leap and its possible return in some format..I await a response from them and will of course post here if I hear anyhing..The time is right for this series to return, the fans are there, Scott Bakula is clearly available..its now up to Universal or others to take up the challenge..I believe it will happen soon.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #121
JuliaM
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colter
Just to clarify one point from the article, Scott states, "In a perfect world I'd like to do an old-fashioned three-camera show."

A "three-camera show" is industry speak for a show filmed with a studio audience. Commonly, that's a sitcom.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #122
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Well, things are looking good for the end of this writers strike maybe we will get an update from Ms. Pratt on this highly anticipated project.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #123
billy1981
PQL Visitor

Any other new news about this movie?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #124
NeuroMason
Control Room Technician

Im for Jennifer Garner.... OR..... If you really think about it... Mandy Moore Could pull it off....
Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #125
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

Mandy is way too young for Sammy Jo.