Request about rare video stuff

W

Wrong Arturo

Hey, Brian et al., W.A. again. Long time no see. :)

I'm going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta next weekend, and I wanted to show some of the rare QL video stuff that's found on this site (alternate endings, bloopers). The idea is to download the files and burn them onto a CD-ROM so it can be played as a VCD. I can announce to everyone where I got the clips from, so it would be advertising for this site.

We aren't saying what TV shows we're showing clips from prior to the con, because as we understand it that's the rule: you can show whatever videos you want to at a convention, but for legal reasons, you can't advertise the videos in order to sell tickets. (I don't get any money from the con anyway, and all the money that is made goes back into next year's con.) So far as I know, we're legally covered on this.

So mainly, what I'm asking is if Brian and the others would be OK with me downloading the stuff, as long as I mention that it comes from this site; or if there's some additional legal reason for not doing it; or if there's some logistical reason it can't be done (i.e. you can't convert the files into something that can be run as a VCD). I'm probably worrying over nothing, but I want to double-check.

Thanks!

Sounds fine to me...

As long as you don't sell them CD and yes, please tell them where you got it! I make no money on the ones people buy from me.

And yes again... great advertising for the site!

Good luck, take pictures, and send me any info you can and I might put it on the site somewhere!

Not sure if you can convert .wmv files to a VCD, but if you can, have fun!

Thanks, Brian! I'll definitely let you know how it goes. :)