The Episode Adoption Program Complete! Prize Winners!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
Hello leapers!

You can win a FREE prize for completing a TEA episode synopsis! Our episode guide is growing and needs your help. Adopt one or more episodes and you could win cool Quantum Leap merchandise!

Each season there will be two prizes awarded for completing an episode TEA! All you have to do is adopt one or more episodes and your name will be entered in the drawing for one of the prizes listed below:

Comics available:
Innovation Comic #1
Innovation Comic #6
Innovation Comic #8

Novels Available:
QL: The Novel (2 available)
Too Close For Comfort
Heat Wave
Random Measures

You may choose which prize you want when I email you as a winner. (All of these prizes can be seen on Al's Place website!) However, if two people want the same item, I'll flip a coin to see who gets what. Once an item gets chosen, it will be removed from the list of available items to choose from.

Your name will be in the drawing once for EACH episode you adopt, so adopting more than one episode will increase your chances of winning!

Each TEA must be complete and well-researched. Drawing will be done when all episodes have been turned in for each season.

***When all five seasons are complete, there will be a grand prize drawing of all participants for the Quantum Leap CD Soundtrack Album!

Good luck in winning these prizes and have fun doing your TEA's!

Seasons One, Two, Three & Four have been completely adopted!

If you are interested in doing a TEA for season 5 or have no idea what TEA is, see this page: TEA Sign-up Page The guidelines have changed recently, so take a look at this page before adopting an episode please.

It's also located on the episode guide mainpage...just look for the "What's this?" link near the top. It's fun and makes YOU a permanent part of Al's Place! Lot's of people are having fun doing this....why aren't you??

We always need new volunteers! All are welcome, even if you are new to the board! It's a great way to break the ice here! Give it a try in your spare time...and if you decide you just can't do it, it's ok...you can just offer it back and I'll put it back up for adoption. Nothing to lose...and prizes to win!

Re: The Episode Adoption Program (TEA): Season Five Open!

There are new rules this go around so be sure to check out the TEA page for all the new info and guidelines for season four submissions and adoptions!

Remember, you can now only adopt one at a time and you must have it turned in within 14 days!

Have fun and adopt away! There are still many episodes to choose from! :hurray

Re: The Episode Adoption Program (TEA): Season Four Open!

Oh, BTW Joy, I sent Brian the portion of missing script (where Verbina has some lines) to add to your episode summary... just in case you were wondering where that came from all of a sudden. <LOL>

... Mike. ^_^

No problem. I thought perhaps Brian had got it from Seth Argabright's site... There's a whole page of missing scenes.

I'm glad you thought of submitting it; I'd totally forgotten about it. But, hey, I think that it should be that way with any episode entry; if there's something that the adopter missed that someone else may know about, it should still be added.

Joy

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------
"But, hey, I think that it should be that way with
any episode entry; if there's something that the
adopter missed that someone else may know
about, it should still be added."
------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, Joy, but for my penny's worth, I disagree.
If someone else adds to what the adopter has done
it becomes a joint collaboration instead of an individaul adoption. :)

Eleiece

Re: The Episode Adoption Program (TEA)

Hmmm.... this is an interesting discussion.

Should others be allowed to add to a TEA that someone else adopted?

If so, how should it be credited?

If not, is it ok for the episode guide to be incomplete if the adopter leaves something out that someone else catches? Would that cheat a visitor coming to a page that is incomplete?

Let's get some thoughts and feelings on this from everyone.

This is a public site and I try to be fair and objective. However, I also want this to be among the most informative and complete Quantum Leap sites available. Think about your answer and then let us know here!

Maybe I could require that an adopters email address be included in the TEA. Then people could submit additions to the adopter and then they could submit it back to Al's Place.

If the email address is invalid, then the TEA becomes open season for additions.

Just a thought. What do you all think?

Well, see, I've always seen the TEA as simply being a way to get the gist of the guide done faster than I was getting it done alone. I think that if something's left out, and someone else catches it, you (Brian) can add it onto the page.

While each individual episode page has been basically an individual effort, the guide as a whole has been a collaboration. Most guides on the Internet use several different sources when gathering information so that readers will not miss anything.

If a person wishes to add something to an episode page, perhaps when it is added, their name could be put in parentheses next to it. That's how I did with my "Mirror Shattered" cast list when other people contributed casting ideas.

I think that the episode guide as a whole should be as complete as possible, no matter who enters the info. For example, I had to leave out most of the end credits on "MIA" because I had accidentally taped over them. If someone else has the episode and wants to add what I missed, I say go right on ahead.

Just my two-cents; your mileage may vary; and all those other little disclaimers.

Joy

I have to say I'm on the same wavelength with Joy on this one. There has already been an example like this: I did "Shock Theater", and Stephanie had missing script from the episode, so she submitted it and Brian added it. I was completely fine with that.

If there's information that was left off, then by all means, if somebody considers it crucial or interesting information, (I'm not talking about a missing "quote" or stuff about the guest cast; I think what I'm meaning is understood here,) then I think it should be submitted to Brian, and he can add it, perhaps putting the additional information with the submitter's name in parentheses beside it (again, I go back to the Shock Theatre summary).

Sound good? <G>

... Mike. ^_^

I received the following email today:

Hi Brian;

If you want (and I think you have) the most accurate and detailed site for QL, then you must open the TEA to others. You can still have the "lead" for each episode and "contributors" who enhance it further.

I think that it would be a good way for your viewers to work as a team, which could also result in increased conversations and interactions on your Chats. A little "knowledge competition" is healthy and fun.

Bob

I know there are things out there about QL and the episodes that I don?t know about or overlooked or didn't know where to look to find them, etc. when I'm researching an episode. But seeing a ?tag? at the end of an episode synopsis I've written would seem, at least to me, like I was being told, "You did good, but?"

Okay, that was my last penny. :) I'll be quiet now.

Eleiece

Re: Re: The Episode Adoption Program (TEA)

Ack! Brian, you already grabbed Mirror Image! :( :( :(

That was the ONLY other episode that I had on tape, and from the original NBC broadcast. Plus, I've also got the script with the famous alternate ending.

It's kind of pathetic when you're the person who proposed this whole concept in the first place, and all you get to do is one TEA out of all of the seasons. I wish I could adopt any of the others, but I don't have the episodes on tape. I just feel as if I'm a huge disappointment . . . like I'm letting everyone down because I can't adopt any more episodes.
crysmiley.gif

Yeah, Brian... geez! :b I'm just kidding, man. Have fun with it, as I know we all have with our TEAs. ^_^ I can't believe we're at season five already. I have a feeling it's going to go quickly!

... Mike. ^_^

I tell you what, Steph. Since I'm limited on time with all the other things going on with the site... I'll let you have it. You did suggest this idea (thank you!!) and you have the original airing on NBC and I don't.

Go for it!

The TEA signup page has been updated.

Enjoy!

Most of the season five episodes have been adopted and several have already been turned in! :eek

If you haven't done a TEA yet, why not sign up now? It's fun and helps to make the episode guide full and interesting! :)

Only 4 episodes left to adopt... better hurry! :poke

The TEA program is almost at an end! :eek

Only one episode left to be turned in... what will we do next?

GuestVisions? :leappark

Novel Adoptions? :poke

QL:TVS and Starbright Project Episodes? ;)

I guess we've done a lot of good work... and we can do a lot more! LOL! :hurray

actually, I was thinking of suggesting the next act...

a novelization of the episodes!!

Either script form or full-fledged story!

I've got "Genesis" scripted out, and getting ready to sit down and write the whole thing out!

Now, this is some serious efforts. Maybe a co-writer team would work well for some folks!

Just thinkin'...

Matt

Actually, that's a good idea. In fact... I guess I can tell ya'll, since I know they're probably not going to publish any more QL books. I've had an MIA novelization in the works for nearly two years now. I haven't done much with it lately, but I have the first... 1/5 done.

One thing I'm doing with it is adding extra stuff at the Project, to make it more of a novel-length story, and to expand on some things I've wondered about BTS during that episode. Like, did anything interesting happen between Al and Verbena, as she definitely would be in cohorts with Ziggy on this Leap? Stuff like that.

Also, I'm basing it off a copy of an early draft of the script, so there are a few things that can be added that most people haven't read.... aka, the stuff cut in syndication.

I can't promise it'll be done very soon, but I can try. I've got to get my VS and SBP stories done first.

Joy

and that's kinda what i was trying to hint at...

Maybe have it being worked on in the "fan fiction" site... start up a thread and just put it in installments.

And as some thing happen that you as a writer feel should be more fleshed out, then that's where the expansion should step in at!

Matt

Funny, I was thinking of suggesting TEA's of the VS episodes, and even adaptations of the TV episodes, but I didn't think anyone would go for those ideas. :b

I've got "Genesis" scripted out, and getting ready to sit down and write the whole thing out!

Hey, Matt, would it be possible for you to send me a small excerpt from "Genesis?" My current VS story requires me to rewrite significant portions from it. I'm trying to get some parts down word for word (or at least near to it, since sometimes it's going to change slightly), but every so often, it's hard to hear what they're saying. One scene in particular is when Bird Dog tells Sam, "If I could lie with a straight face like you..." (near the beginning, when they're both in the car driving) but then a car horn is heard as it drives by and I can't make out the rest of what he says. Also, when Peg tells Sam that "someplace" was out of Tom's normal shaving cream, so she had to buy the Burma Shave for him; I don't know what the place that she said was, sounded like "P-X."

Would it be okay to get some of that dialogue from you if you have it? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks, Brian, I kind of thought it was a military term.

Hey, cool ideas, folks... I like the novelisation of episodes, adding things in, etc. etc. ... sounds like fun, if there were like 39 hours in a day. <LOL>

As for Guest Vision... well... my keyboard is getting excercise tonight... <hint hint>

... Mike. ^_^

TEA program for the episode guide is complete!

Yay!!! When you have time, browse through all the excellent work these folks did! I added a link on the episode guide main page so you can see who did which episodes and how many each person did. It reads "This Episode Guide created through the TEA program! What's this?"

Prize winners for the last season of TEA are:

MJ (QLDamsel) and Stephanie (TVNewsCam) :hurray

The winner of the Quantum Leap CD Soundtrack for all five seasons is....

Drum Roll please.....

Carol <aka> C_Dean n C_Al :hurray :hurray :hurray

(Carol, if you already have the CD and don't want it, you can choose one of the other prizes) MJ and Steph, choose your prizes from the first post on this thread and email me your mailing address so I can send out your prizes :)

Thanks to everyone who participated! This was a lot of fun and I hope we can all work on another project together sometime soon!

:cheers