Photos?

I'm envious that all of you are so comfortable in front of a camera. I'm afraid to say that unless I truly am happy at the time that the picture is taken, my smiles are quite similar to that of a kindergarten student that is forced to smile. In otherwords, they are obviously phony.

I'm envious that all of you are so comfortable in front of a camera. I'm afraid to say that unless I truly am happy at the time that the picture is taken, my smiles are quite similar to that of a kindergarten student that is forced to smile. In otherwords, they are obviously phony.

is there a rule that you gotta smile in a picture?
i mean if you look grouchy because you don't like the camera, that's fine, and it won't be phony :p

it's the authentic grouchy-look :lol;)

(although it helps to imagine someone you like :) )

is there a rule that you gotta smile in a picture?
i mean if you look grouchy because you don't like the camera, that's fine, and it won't be phony :p

it's the authentic grouchy-look :lol;)

(although it helps to imagine someone you like :) )

Now that you mention it, I actually have an old school picture of me scowling. I was having a bad day, I remember, and I refused to smile. My parents called it my "Prison Photo", because the face did look like something that one would expect to see in a mug shot.

Maybe I'll compromise, and try to take a picture where I look neither mad, nor happy. A serious picture, perhaps, like old (U.S.) Presidential portraits, or old pictures of (U.S.S.R.) Lenin that I recall from various history books.

LOl, then we an call you Old Stoneface. ;)
Well, bring or on, or not, as you prefer :)

You know what ohboy......

I very much dislike my photo being taken!

You have no idea how agonizing it is for me to look at myself in a photo!

I look at myself in a photo and think "Yuk"! I think I look awful in photo's!

Silly I know :(

My point being, I'd love to see how you look like!

And I'm sure people will like your photo if you decide to post one :)

And I'm sure you'd look great in a photo :)

I hope you understand my point here (it is well intended)

:)

Don't worry, Angvav, I know it's all well intended. Actually, I'm the old fashioned one who has NO pictures of myself on my computer. However, if I ever get my picture in the paper, which happens to have an internet site, I'll direct you to it.

i noticed that on the two pictures you looked younger to me on the left :) But that may be my way of looking at them.

Tom, I still don't have that picture of us. I do have one taken by someone (and your rear is in it LOL!). Here it is:

MeAsAl.jpg

And here's one of me at the Control Panel:

MeAtControlPanelZoomed.jpg

I have a question about the second picture. Did the orange block always glow, or did it begin glowing when you touched it (either way, nice Quantum Leap fan picture)?

I have a question about the second picture. Did the orange block always glow, or did it begin glowing when you touched it (either way, nice Quantum Leap fan picture)?
The orange block flashed on and off on its own. (And it was rather hot to the touch after a few seconds. It was kind of burning my hand at the time the picture was taken.) Quite a few of the blocks flashed randomly and not in sequence with the others. I wish I had taken video of it.

Here I am (back from the dead)! Had a school trip to Italy then lots of revision followed by twenty exams, which is why I've not been online. :( However, here's a photo of me in Italy (and also the best photo of me, ever).

3016_1060716714368_1119424062_30152.jpg

My pic is on the alumni page... Of course, that was taken when I was 16 and I am now 24. However, I really don't look much different; my hair is shorter and color is duller, I now wear glasses, and, well, that's about it. Well, I probably don't smile as much anymore... Of course, that was probably one of the happiest days I've had in my life so far (used to be THE happiest, until my baby niece was born last year).

Some more recent pics can be seen here (and by recent, I mean about a year to two years ago):

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/tina_als_girl/AnimateMe/

My hair is shorter than that, though; it is about an inch below my ears. Got it hacked off before things really started getting hot and sticky here. My hair grows back really fast, so I don't mind chopping it off when it means I'll be cooler during the summer.

Joy

My favorite is the one on the far-right. Were you at a rodeo, if I may ask? It just has the look of a rodeo or fair, which is why I ask.

LOL... No, I was at Silver Dollar City, an 1880s theme park in Branson, Missouri. The guy I'm with is Terry Sanders, or as his character is called, Deputy Birdie Tweedle. I've been going to SDC for 15 years now, and I've run into Terry a good handful of times over the years but only have that and maybe one other picture of me with him. It's my dream to work at SDC as a full-time Citizen (aka employee; like how Disney employees are called Cast Members). I'm even thinking of trying to learn how to act, 'cause I would love to be a face character at the park.

Joy

Eh, I wouldn't say you were too far off the mark. Sure, I wasn't at a rodeo, but I *am* in the picture with a caricaturized version of a cowboy. Thanks for the compliments; obviously, I'm not the one who took the pic, but I was happy to finally have a pic with Terry, since the last one I had of me with him was, like, a decade earlier. And that's with me going to the park at least once a year, almost every year (though there was a bit of a lull the first couple years after my parents' divorce).

Really, Silver Dollar City is to me what Disneyland is to many others. So, in a way, you could almost say that for me, getting a picture with Terry/Deputy Tweedle is like getting a picture with Mickey Mouse.

And that reminds me... I have more pics of me HERE (from April '08, so the most recent I've got), with Terry as Doc Harris (the man who invented the fuel Wildfire [which fuels their awesome B&M coaster]) and as the warden. Terry's worked at SDC since, oh, I believe the late '60s/early '70s, and he's played a lot of different characters for them. But starting last year, they started a new character program, so now he plays something like five different people--Doc Harris, Warden, Sheriff, and a couple fan-favorites from wayback, the Undertaker and the Rainmaker.

LOL... Sorry. Went off on a tangent. Just a really, really huge SDC fan.

Joy