QL Books

jmellissa

Project QL Intern
Aug 22, 2005
Coos Bay Oregon
Well I first must say how:hurray: cool "Al's place" 8) looks. I haven't been able to get on line for the last 3 months ( I had almost:\ 5oo email's) Anyway glad to be back! :D

Anyway,I have been on the lookout for old QL books. I once asked if anyone knew about them but then I wasn't able to find out they where talking about. I am hopeing to get my mom a few books for Christmas. I live in a small town and not to many have heard about QL. So once again if any of you know where I can get them. I did look on line for them but I keep getting their out of print. Thanks for any help. Julie.

used bookstores are a good bet, too

in fact...I can't remember the name of it...there's some site that you can trade old paperbacks back and forth...I bet you could find some QL ones through that.

Well I looked on ebay and didn't find what I was looking for but I did find a book I think she (my mom) will enjoy. Then I can read it...*grin* I will also try the store here at Al's place. Thanks for welcome home! Julie

I discovered the QL books because I was at Powell's (A big book store where I live) and there was a HUGE section of them..you could probably imagine how excited I was that they even existed :D

I sat down and read a couple before my mom got done looking for stuff, too.. ^_^ Yay, QL books!!

Joy said:
I discovered the QL books because I was at Powell's (A big book store where I live) and there was a HUGE section of them..you could probably imagine how excited I was that they even existed :D

I sat down and read a couple before my mom got done looking for stuff, too.. ^_^ Yay, QL books!!

ahh lucky, my local bookstore does not have them, I have checked like twice. no book store I have checked has them or my library eaither. internet is my only source. but I have no money on my paypal right now so i wish there was a bookstore here that had them.

logoEbay_150x70.gif
is the way to go you just have to be persistent on checking every 6 days or so. I was able to get 15 of the 18 Novels at one time from one person at less then $2.00 a book w/ shipping. Most book stores always seem to have the 1st novel " The Novel" a.k.a. "Carny Knowledge" as it was known in the U.K. . Sometimes you have to cut your losses too. As when I got the 15 Novels I already had 3 of the 15.

logoEbay_150x70.gif
is still by far cheaper. Less then $30 for 15 books or $10 a book :wacko . I will take 15 for less than $30 anyday. If you want to pay that much a book I still have my 3 duplicate books I will sell ya for only $9.99 each :heybaby

Yes, you can occassionally get good deal on eBay but that's a hit or miss thing. You may have been able to get 15 of the books for $30 but that doesn't mean there's going to be another seller with that same type of deal. That leaves a choice waiting (maybe forever) for a deal to come up on eBay again or just turning to a used book dealer and getting them that way. I used both methods to replace my QL books - eBay and a used dealer (alibris.com). In the end I might have paid a lot less for the few books I got from eBay but I didn't really know what condition they were in until I got them and it wasn't always the best condition. A couple came from homes with smokers and that wasn't listed. As a non-smoker I immediately noticed that and it bothered me. Dealing with Alibris I knew exactly what condition the book was in when I purchased it and there were no surprises when I opened up the package. I'd rather pay a bit more and know what I'm buying is going to be in good condition than to wait for someone to list their stuff on eBay.

jmoniz said:
Yes, you can occassionally get good deal on eBay but that's a hit or miss thing. You may have been able to get 15 of the books for $30 but that doesn't mean there's going to be another seller with that same type of deal. That leaves a choice waiting (maybe forever) for a deal to come up on eBay again or just turning to a used book dealer and getting them that way. I used both methods to replace my QL books - eBay and a used dealer (alibris.com). In the end I might have paid a lot less for the few books I got from eBay but I didn't really know what condition they were in until I got them and it wasn't always the best condition. A couple came from homes with smokers and that wasn't listed. As a non-smoker I immediately noticed that and it bothered me. Dealing with Alibris I knew exactly what condition the book was in when I purchased it and there were no surprises when I opened up the package. I'd rather pay a bit more and know what I'm buying is going to be in good condition than to wait for someone to list their stuff on eBay.
That being said if anyone else want to pay money for books I have: "The Novel", "The Wall " and " Search and Rescue".

"The Wall" is advertised on Intergalactic Trading for $15.00 I will sell mine for $7.50 as the pages are yellow other then that its in fine condition.

" Search and Rescue" is advertised on Intergalactic Trading for $15.00. Mine is in just released shape so I would take $10.00 for it.

"The Novel" is advertised on Intergalactic Trading for $15.00. You can pretty much find this one if any at a book store so I will take $7.50 for it too.

BTW jmoniz : Mine were all in great condition as they were sold by a mom that's daughter use to read them. 2 weeks later ebay had all 18 books for sale by one person in a "lot". That is why I originally said " you just have to be persistent on checking every 6 days or so " even Half.com would be cheaper if you want to buy them one at a time.;)
logo_halfcom.gif

I wouldn't let one company (Intergalactic Trading) be your measuring stick for what you can get for the books. I just did a search for "The Wall" on Alibris and you can get it there, brand new, starting at $2.95.

Ebay really isn't the only game in town if you're looking for an out-of-print book at a price that isn't going to break the bank. Sometimes Alibris might be a little more than ebay but not all the time - and the one's that were a bit more expensive are the one's that rarely show up on eBay.

Here's the results for "Search and Rescue" and "The Novel" from Alibris as well. I was also able to get the two novels that were released in England from them as well at a very reasonable price.

Lest anyone think I have anything to do with Alibris which is why I've recommended them I'd just like to say that I don't. I know people have asked in the past (and I'm sure in the future will as well) about how to obtain the books and since I found them to be a good, reputable source I wanted to let others know.

John said:
logoEbay_150x70.gif
is still by far cheaper. Less then $30 for 15 books or $10 a book :wacko . I will take 15 for less than $30 anyday. If you want to pay that much a book I still have my 3 duplicate books I will sell ya for only $9.99 each :heybaby

Ebay no longer has any that I dont, I like Julias idea, 2.99 is affordable to me.

jmoniz said:
brand new, starting at $2.95.

I think Alibris should say "Mint". The books aren't still being printed.

jmoniz said:
Ebay really isn't the only game in town if you're looking for an out-of-print book at a price that isn't going to break the bank. Sometimes Alibris might be a little more than ebay but not all the time - and the one's that were a bit more expensive are the one's that rarely show up on eBay.

That is why I also recommended Half.com (yes they are own by ebay but you don't have to bid on anything)

jmoniz said:
I was also able to get the two novels that were released in England from them as well at a very reasonable price.

Those were episodes put into books. Personally I would rather watch the episodes. :D

I know ebay isn't the only game in town but it is an ever revolving door that constantly changes. To me it was worth looking every 6 days to get the deal that I got. They usually have "lots" (group of books sold at one time) on there every week and big deal if I get one or two books that I already got, if its a deal to me its worth it.

Dangit...I tried going to a different bookstore closer to me...one I was SURE would have it...and they didn't have any of 'em! Meanies. I would've settled for one, even...but nooo...none to be found. :(

Joy said:
Dangit...I tried going to a different bookstore closer to me...one I was SURE would have it...and they didn't have any of 'em! Meanies. I would've settled for one, even...but nooo...none to be found. :(

Yeah like I said if you find any your chances are pretty high for finding "The Novel" it is usually the most popular as a trade in at used books stores. I went to all the used in my surrounding areas, about 6-8 total ( in about a hundred mile radius ); out of the 8 I managed to find 2 books ( 3 total, as 1 store had 2 copies of.... "The Novel" ) . I even went to one in Alabama and what did they have.... "The Novel". So that is when I just searched ebay for a week or 2 and got my 15 for less then $30:hurray: .

John said:
Yeah like I said if you find any your chances are pretty high for finding "The Novel" it is usually the most popular as a trade in at used books stores. I went to all the used in my surrounding areas, about 6-8 total ( in about a hundred mile radius ); out of the 8 I managed to find 2 books ( 3 total, as 1 store had 2 copies of.... "The Novel" ) . I even went to one in Alabama and what did they have.... "The Novel". So that is when I just searched ebay for a week or 2 and got my 15 for less then $30:hurray: .

This was a used book store...it was just that when it came to the series books (books based on TV series) the whole friggen' Q section was missing! :cry I tried looking around, 'cause they could've accidentaly put them in the Star Trek books for some reason, but they didn't...no QL books to be found. :(

Guess it's off to Powell's sometime this weekend.

Joy said:
This was a used book store...it was just that when it came to the series books (books based on TV series) the whole friggen' Q section was missing! :cry I tried looking around, 'cause they could've accidentaly put them in the Star Trek books for some reason, but they didn't...no QL books to be found. :(

Guess it's off to Powell's sometime this weekend.

Consiter yourself lucky you have used book stores, we don't. All we have is my area is Barns and Noble and two Border's one small one in our local mall and another in another area. all big bookstores where everything is NEW not used. and none of them have QL I have to settle strictly for the internet for my QL books.

We have lots of new book stores over here, I just never am one to find anything in any of 'em. Except...maybe...manga. I like manga...sometimes...

Thank you for your help. pay day is just a week away and I will be going a few from ebay. I don't have anyone them so my mom and I will really enjoy them a lot!

So, now that I've become addicted to the Novel (ended up getting it at Powell's) are they all this GOOD? :D I was pleasently supprized..wouldn't think it would really be that engaging...BUT IT WAS!

And the descriptions of the other ones in the series look good as well. :)

mstalanon said:
I've enjoyed MANY of the novels!! Only one did I think was weird! (the knight one)
Yeah I have not read Knights of the Morning Star because I am not into that stuff really, that midevil knight and castle stuff was my late father's interest.

My next one was going to be Heat Wave but I had to get a refund from the Amazon seller because to this day it has not shown up (I ordered it in july).
I have now just finished reading Independence curtesy of my best friend. It was really good. I like John Peel he should have written more of the novels.