Handlink/PQL Technology Shots

QL Nut

Project QL Intern
Apr 4, 2004
Long Island, NY
Over the past few weeks I've been making screen captures of close-ups of the handlink (different versions) and Al's control pod seen in his car in "Genesis." I think I've collected all the best shots by this point, so I decided to post them here if anyone happens to need a frame of reference:

"Genesis"
AlsCarControlPod.jpg

GenesisHandlink2.jpg

GenesisHandlink.jpg

"Pool Hall Blues"
Season2Handlink.jpg

"The Leap Back" (rear shot)
HandlinkRear.jpg

Handlink1.jpg

Handlink2.jpg

Handlink Console
HandlinkConsole.jpg

"Lee Harvey Oswald"
Handlink3.jpg

"Killin' Time"
Handlink4.jpg

"Liberation"
Handlink5.jpg

It had never occurred to me to look, but I see a 9V battery in the handlink in the last picture. 8)

Great shots, thanks, Chris! :hurray:

Edit: Upon closer examination, Picture 6 reveals that it is a Duracell. 8o

Al The Observer said:
It had never occurred to me to look, but I see a 9V battery in the handlink in the last picture. 8)

Great shots, thanks, Chris! :hurray:

Edit: Upon closer examination, Picture 6 reveals that it is a Duracell. 8o

Whoa! I didn't even notice the battery until you mentioned that! :hair

EDIT: Here's a couple of more shots as the handlink went through transition in "Camikazi Kid":

Handlink7.jpg

Handlink6.jpg

Last edited:
Snish said:
I wonder if "115" on the first picture is the speed Al was going in his car... :D
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. US 380 has a very long (12+ mile) straight and flat stretch, just north of White Sands/Stallians Gate.

I didn't reach 115 on that stretch, though. :angel

I'm glad someone else noticed the 9V battery in that episode. Well, obviously you can see it clear as day in the screenshot, though. =P

Want a handlink?? I'll make ya one.... ;) Maybe i should make the original one as well and then sell them as a package! lol

With the advent of Quantum Leap appearing in High Definition on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, etc., we now can take higher resolution shots...

handlink-liberationHD.jpg

handlink-leeharveyoswaldHD.jpg

So glad to see you back here, and it's been a joy to watch Quantum Leap in HD with all the music intact. Now to hope they do a Blu-ray release.

So glad to see you back here, and it's been a joy to watch Quantum Leap in HD with all the music intact. Now to hope they do a Blu-ray release.

Thanks! Yes, I have a few ideas for upcoming threads. I know the boards have dried up a little lately. But it's funny how concerned we all used to be about Universal removing the music from the DVD sets and just a few years later all of those issues are resolved!

I was alerted to a unique camera angle on the Handlink in Trilogy Pt 2...

handlink-trilogy2HD-1.jpg

handlink-trilogy2HD-2.jpg

Last edited: