Handlink used in Leap to Di For - $50

Kirok

Project QL Intern
Well folks, I’m trying to sell our beloved handlink prop as the RACSO bunch are in dire need of cash. This was the same prop we used in the fanfilm “A Leap To Di For”. I originally listed this earlier in the year for a starting bid at $200 (how much I paid to have it constructed), the bid fell flat along with the economy. :(

So, I lowered our starting price to $50 in our very own special “Quantum Leap Stimulus Program”… AKA ‘Cash for Props’. :lol

$50 for a working handlink... not a bad price, folks.

Here is the link for our bid.

Thanks everyone!!

$200 for shipping??? What?

I can send it using the US Postal Service. Cheaper… and takes a little longer unfortunately. You’ll actually come out ahead since the US Dollar is in the toilet!

Thanks!!

Chris

WoW!
I just saw this on ebay and came to Als Place to see if it belonged to one of the members here.
It looks beautiful,who did the work on it?
I hope you dont block holograms from the auction! (lol)
I didnt see it the first time it was listed,even though I do a search regularly for "quantum leap handlink"

Does it make any sounds or does it just light up?
Could you post some photos of the back of the handlink too?
If I win it I *will* pay!.....just in time for Christmas too!

Hi! Thanks for your interest in the handlink!!

Master prop builder Gregg Knowling built that for me. His website is here: www.droidboy.com He does some amazing work too.

No sound effects on the handlink. Sorry. But yes, it does blink.

I have no But it Now option unfortunately. I hate to sell it, but times are tough here.

Thanks for your interest!!

Chris

WoW!
I just saw this on ebay and came to Als Place to see if it belonged to one of the members here.
It looks beautiful,who did the work on it?
I hope you dont block holograms from the auction! (lol)
I didnt see it the first time it was listed,even though I do a search regularly for "quantum leap handlink"

Does it make any sounds or does it just light up?
Could you post some photos of the back of the handlink too?
If I win it I *will* pay!.....just in time for Christmas too!

Thanks Chris!
I actually just found your movie on youtube and am going to watch it right now! (I wonder who plays Al?)
Oh yeah,before I forget,thanks for posting the extra pics!
I really hope I win it.
I have always wanted a replica of Al's Gummybear handlink.

Oops, here are some pictures! Of course, if you watch the movie, you can see it in action! :p

Thanks for all the added info!
Sorry to hear things are rough for you right now too,I dont really have too much extra money to play with right now,but this handlink is exceptional.
If I am lucky enough to win it and you ever need to borrow it to use in another Quantum Leap film,I'd be happy to oblige! provided it doesnt get stuck back in Crown Point Indiana in 1945!

Hi! Thanks for your interest in the handlink!!

Master prop builder Gregg Knowling built that for me. His website is here: www.droidboy.com He does some amazing work too.

No sound effects on the handlink. Sorry. But yes, it does blink.

I have no But it Now option unfortunately. I hate to sell it, but times are tough here.

Thanks for your interest!!

Chris

Last edited:
$200 for shipping??? What?

I can send it using the US Postal Service. Cheaper… and takes a little longer unfortunately. You’ll actually come out ahead since the US Dollar is in the toilet!

Thanks!!

Chris

I'm going to hold you to that if I win Chris.

:sup
I so want this! Wish I could have taken the control panel home too. ;)

But Christmas is coming up fast and I have no money for it. Gotta take care of the kids first. :) Would make a nice Christmas gift for your friendly neighborhood bartender, folks! lol

.....But we already all chipped in and bought you a tie!
LOL!
I picked it out myself so you know its classy;)!

That Ziggy control panel is incredible,wonder what ever happened to it?

Actually, no one bought it due to the high cost of shipping it. A couple of girls who lived locally wanted it and were supposed to come back later on Sunday night and pick it up, but they didn't show.

So, sadly, Chris and I hauled it out to the Beverly Garland Hotel dumpster because there was nowhere we could keep it and it cost hundreds of dollars to ship it anywhere.

Yep, believe me... that STILL stings. All the hours and hours of hard work, shipping it cross country... only to end up in a dumpster.

I just changed the bid using USPS service for international shipping. Unfortunately, in shipping, there is no such thing as "fast and cheap". Sorry.

Chris

That is a shame,I cant believe it went in the dumpster!
I wish I would have known about the Leapcon at the time,I live in Southern California and could have rescued it!
Before I found this site I didnt even realize there was such a thing as a leapcon.
That must have been painful to have throw away something that you guys put that much time and effort into.
I am really sorry to hear that.

Last edited: