Mercy Mission - Not QL related

laurence

Project QL Intern
Hi all!!!;)

mercymissiondef1-1.jpg

mercymissiondef2.jpg

Good lord! I love how you include every little detail in your pictures, from the wrinkles on his face to the shadow of his right eye. The close up was wonderful as well. Great job as usual! :hurray:

By the way, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, who is the person in the portrait?

Sam's Crow said:
Errr... what film is it? The only thing I've seen Scott in is QL.

I don't think this is it, but I do remember watching a movie where he went back to play football, but was teased by the other college students because he was "too old". Anyone remember that movie's name?

Sam's Crow said:
Errr... what film is it? The only thing I've seen Scott in is QL.

"Mercy Mission: The Rescue of Flight 771"

Made for TV movie 1993.

Based on a true story of a pilot who flew a crop duster all the way to Australia but got off course and was rescued by Gordon Vette [played by Robert Loggia], the pilot of a passenger plane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107556/

If you haven't seen it, I can highly recommend it.
Scott is brilliant in it, naturally. But beyond that it is a very moving story, splendidly told. Has me in tears every time I watch it.

Little point of interest - the real life 'Jay' and 'Gordon' have cameo roles as passengers looking out of the airport window at the end!

Both films were good...

I've seen both "Necessary Roughness" and "Mercy..." and liked them both. I've been wanting to see "Lord Of Illusions", a 1995 Clive Barker horror movie based on his Books Of Blood, also with Scott in the main role, but I haven't had the chance. Saw some scenes and Scott was great as usual, but I haven't seen the entire thing yet.

Anyway, you did a very good job with those artworks. You really got the hang of it. I see that you got a lot of talent, so keep going!

Slight aside

Just watched Mercy Mission again, and it moved me to tears again as ever.
I found the video I'd recorded when it was on TV.

Since I now have the 'official release' video [called 'Flight from Hell'] I wonder if anyone would like my home recorded copy? It is region 2 PAL format, not NTSC, but if you can play it you can have it. I'll ship anywhere, and only ask contribution towards postage if it turns out to be very expensive.
I also still have lots of QL episodes on video if anyone wants them, same rules apply. [For whoever asked - was it Snish? - I've still not found a spare copy of 'Temptation Eyes', but I'll back one up to dvd when I get a spare hour - better than copy to video?]

Hi,

I haven't replied to you yet, and it's time. You're doing wonderful work!
:hurray::cheers :hurray:

Wow. Just a question, sorry if someone already asked it, what do you use for your drawings? Do you start on grey paper and work in both directions? (I only vaguely know what I'm talking about so keep it basic please :) )