1026 Leap to the Rescue, Part I

Leap to the Rescue, Part I

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Leap to the Rescue, Part I
March 29, 2001

A cave in the Ozarks, Missouri

When Sam leaps into a Welsh student at South Illinois University, it is a long way from being all beer and skittles! What sounds in theory like "a walk in the park" turns into one of Sam's most arduous leaps.

Written by: Helen Earl

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.5

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Has Helen Earl decided to play with our nerves -and with Sam's- in each of her stories? In her previous episode, Sam's life was already threatened and he'd only managed to stay alive thanks to coconut juice or SLT, now he's severely wounded in a cave, surrounded by corpses - moreover, it ends with another of those unbearable cliffhangers which always make me want to "leap to next week" right now! (just a plea: I don't mind bats droppings, but please don't introduce some rattlesnakes again...)

Excellent, though obviously quite painful (we all suffer with the hero, don't we?) description of Sam's moral and physical pains. The "what's behind" will remain a mystery until at least next week, so I can't really rate this story as a whole.

But for this first part, I'll rate it 8.
K.O.L.!

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate LEAP TO THE RESCUE, Part 1 a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.)

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Since this entire leap takes place over the course of multiple episodes, I don't think I can give a complete review until the final chapter, but it's great so far. Looking forward to seeing how Professor Lofton handles the situation.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
No comment given.

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind comments so far.

Valerie,
I promise - no snakes this time round!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is SLT?

I'm not ALWAYS that mean to Sam, honest. (though as my friend Emma says, the hurt/comfort stories are often the best - and I gotta say that Scott acts the injured hero so darned well!) I also have to confess that in my first QL story (pre Mirror Image) - Terror Firma, posted at Al's place,b8.ezboard.com/falsplaceq...ID=7.topic
I had our Sam thrown into a giant cement mixer! (though not till halfway through the story. It starts off in boring normality - lol)
and in terms of angst, not wishing to boast but I think the (pre MI again) story I am working on "Snake in the Grass" (no real serpent this time either Val, another gang called the Cobras!) would take some beating!

Ohhhh, boy, we sure love to beat Sam up...hehehe:p
Believe it or not after the trashing I gave Our Hero in my last story, he'll be lucky to get a scratch in my next one...Considering the potential for more physical harm from the flash flood coming, Sam could probably use an upcoming Leap without broken bones...lol

I wonder if G/T/F/W offers Sam a good worker's plan with medical and life insurance coverage...:p

Way to go Helen. This was even better reading, the second time around.

I can't wait for the reactions from your next 2 parts but then again, I know what's coming. :eek This story is a definite "must read" -- Poor Sam!!