1017 Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode. One of my personal favorites.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Fire and Ice
June 23, 1988

Yellowstone National Park (near Shoshone Lake, Wyoming)

Sam leaps into Gary Webster, a horseback-camping guide who works in Yellowstone National Park?and a massive forest fire surrounds him. The good news?he's saved the life of little Tonya Mandelle; originally she died in the fire. But the Visitor in the Waiting Room is hiding something. Can Al discover what the "something" is in time for Sam to save the child and himself from being burned to death?

Written by: C. E. Krawiec

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1017 Fire and Ice

Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.65

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
As a small child, I once witnessed a fire which completely destroyed the house right across the street where I lived; about 40 years later I still remember it vividly, and the phobia of dying in such an inferno is always somewhere in the back of my mind. So, as you may guess, reading about Sam stuck in the middle of this nightmare (though this time, for the above reasons, I felt closer to little Tonya...) was not a very pleasant experience.

But, as almost each week, I've also read a very "edge-of-seat" story; best part of course being Sam's incredible decision at the end. He must have had an absolute and unconditional faith in GTFW who put him in such a situation, because no-one could tell when (and if) the liberating "leap out" would come.

Thanks, you've just ruined my nails again.

RATING: 8.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate FIRE AND ICE a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.)

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
There was something about this story I really enjoyed. I'm not sure what it was exactly... maybe it was the fact that Webster was so smug and arrogant in the Waiting Room, that I was smiling when he got what was coming to him upon leaping back. Whatever it was, out of all the stories that Eleiece has written or co-written, I think I enjoyed this one the most so far.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
No comment given.

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a great episode!:D I really liked the end where Sam had to jump into the path of the pick-up right before he leaped out. He was successful at killing Jeremy Webster and leaping out just in time to save himself. Also, great news about Tonya's new history/future.
Rating: 4
~Steve(aka RossBeckett)