What are you listening to right now?

etnlIcarus

Banned
Feb 13, 2007
Gawler, South Australia
Couldn't find a similar thread so I thought I'd start one. Just post whatever you listening to, be it on an iPod or a jukebox.

Rob Dougan - Speed me towards death (instrumental).
Moby - One of these mornings.
Ocean's Baroque - Leaves of Canada.

k, go.

Fallout Boy - This ain't a Scene
Hall and Oates - Out of Touch
Brian Adams - Summer of 69'
Nena - 99 Red Baloons (My secret shame!)
and Oooh loads of other stuff - Music is my Obsession:D

"Somasomasu" by Jasmon, on Frequent Flyer: Departure Lounge
"Sound Check (Gravity)" by Gorillaz, on Gorillaz
Both are courtesy of Pandora.

I discovered it about a year, year and a half ago. I turned to music when I quit watching television. (I was a television junkie, and I quit cold turkey. Just turned it off one day, and never looked back.) Pandora has introduced me to a whole new world of music, and I have bought several albums that have played on my Pandora stations.

*returns high five*

Right now, on my media player, I am listening to my TV themes CD. Right now, it's got up to the original Randall and Hopkirkk theme. A few tracks ago was the Magnum P.I theme, and somewhere in the list of 'Qs' I think just befor Quincy m.e was Quantum Leap.

Right now I'm listening to Elton John's Empty Garden(Hey, Hey, Johnny)It's a song that would most likely be played in an episode of QL where Sam leaps into NYC on December 8, 1980.(If it were on TV.)

I'm not sure if I revealed this already, but I know a Mark who was born exactly 2 years after John Lennon was shot. :eek How freaky is that? I don't know his middle name, but I sure the heck hope that it's not David.

~Steve B.

Actually now that I think about it the last song I listed to was "Aunty Ethels farm on the Moon" by the Hooley Dooleys AND now I think about it carefully I can't even remember the last big person song I actually listened too. AND I don't actually recognise any of the songs/bands apart from Enterprise's list (cause they are all 80's stuff) and of course Elton John's Empty Garden one (cause everyone knows that one and they play it every saturday on the radio gardening show i listen too - aint that sad)

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!! IT SNUCK UP ON ME AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!

I am going to put on a Cold Chisel CD right now!!!

Actually, I assume you did mean music, because what I really am listening to at the moment is my kids pretending to fart in the bath, it's hysterical!!!

Last edited:
Hadouken! - That Boy That Girl
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs
Arctic Monkeys - BrianStorm
Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
New Young Pony Club - The Bomb
Ablums - My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade \,,/(^_^)\,,/
Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
and thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

etnlIcarus said:
I just got a shiver up my spine. And not the good kind. :p

I should have made clear that Avril Lavigne is a guilty pleasure! and nothing more, dont judge me, i bet theres an embrassing record in your CD collection but you wouldnt have it any other way.

Right now I'm listening to Elton John's Empty Garden(Hey, Hey, Johnny)It's a song that would most likely be played in an episode of QL where Sam leaps into NYC on December 8, 1980.(If it were on TV.)
Sigh. I had the 45 when I was a kid.

Well, after I conveniently and intentionally misplaced the CD of gospel songs I had downloaded (having heard, "Mommy, can we listen to the church music?" once too many times on the commute to and from day care), I am now stuck with endless loops of Garth Brooks' Greatest Hits, the hands-down favorite of which is "Ain't Goin' Down 'Til The Sun Comes Up," with the preschool set. My five and two year olds refer to it as "The Cowboy Music," and they. Love. It.

If you're driving through Boston and you see a woman banging her forehead repeatedly on the steering wheel at a red light, that'd probably be me.

Mr.Fusion said:
I should have made clear that Avril Lavigne is a guilty pleasure! and nothing more, dont judge me, i bet theres an embrassing record in your CD collection but you wouldnt have it any other way.
Depends, much of my collection is tongue-in-cheek. Hell, the YTMND soundtrack is almost completely compiled in jest. The closest thing I've got to an embarrassing record is the Simple Plan CD that came with my CD player some years ago. Not sure what happened to it but needless to say, I never listened to it.

I am on a Big Rodney Atkins kick right now. He is excellent. And I am listening to
Watching You (The Buckaroo Song)
Cleaning this Gun
And Clay Walkers, Fore She Was Mama

"Five o'clock somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffy.

Teehee - why do I feel that this would have spoken to Al's mentality in the early Starbright years before Sam sobered him up?

(And what makes you say I'm obsessed, just because I see QL links in anything and everything? :p )