Urgent Prayers Please

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Some of you may remember how I was counselling a student at school a while back who was going through tough times.

She has now left school, and times have gotten even tougher.

I've not been in touch very often lately, cos she went abroad for a while.

Now she is back, and tonight she logged on to msn with a couple of very distressing and worrying log-in messages suggesting she was suicidal.

Naturally, I immediately started a convo with her, and tried to help.

I don't think I got through to her at all, and suddenly she disconnected.

I have no idea where she is living now, and have no phone number or other way to contact her offline.

I don't know how to find out where she is to send someone to check on her.

I am not in touch with any of her friends.

I am desperately worried she is doing something rash.

I feel like I've let her down.

PLEASE pray for her.

A friend of mine was in the exact same place you were about six months back. Someone he'd known was deeply depressed, signed-off under unusual circumstances and he had no way of contacting her. Luckily, about a week later she reappeared on MSN in a slightly more stable condition. This is actually quite a regular occurrence on the net yet, luckily, making people think you're suicidal online is generally more a symbolic gesture, an exercise in removing yourself from the world in a virtual sense and rarely does anyone actually kill themselves this way. It's why, when one kid did kill himself after saying goodbye to his only friends on a Metal Gear Solid forum, it sent shockwaves across the net and reached traditional media as it was such a rare and tragic occurrence.

News of sorts

Not much to report, except that I spoke to her briefly again this evening.

She told me she got as far as writing her suicide note and heading for the top of a town car park, but collapsed on the way there.

She is still very depressed and in a bad place (mentally, emotionally and physically), but the alarming log in messages have gone.

Whether I have been able to help at all or not I wouldn't like to say.
I'm no expert, and as I told her, I can't wave a magic wand and make her problems vanish.
All I can do is let her know I'm thinking of her and praying for her, and have you good people praying for her too.
I just hope that is enough.

My prayers are with her. I hope she gets better. I even know someone who used to get frequently depressed and even suicidal at times. Fortunately, though, she has gotten better. Heck, she just got married today(3/16/07). I hope the same thing happens to the girl that you know. :)

Steve B.

P.S. She got married at Brian's Chapel in Wise County, Va(a coal mining community BTW).

Last edited:
Spoke to her briefly tonight
She is still down, but much more positive frame of mind.
Looks like the crisis is over - at least for the moment.
Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers - they seem to have worked.