Favorite restaurant(s)!

RossBeckett

Project QL Intern
What are your top favorite restaurants? I thought this would be an interesting thread especially seeing that members here are from all around the world.

Mine are:

1.) Cracker Barrel(No surprise there! LOL)
2.) Bob Evans
3.) P.F. Changs(Chinese Bistro)
4.) Chilis(Tex-Mex)
5.) On The Border(Mex-Am)
6.) Olive Garden(Ital/Am) (Darden Rest.)
7.) Cameron Mitchell's(No, really that's the owner's name) Fish Market
8.) Red Lobster (Darden Rest.)
9.) Wendy's(for fast food chains)
10.) LaRosa's(for Cincinnati area pizza chain)
11.) Subway
12.) Luigi's(one unit in Old Saybrook, CT) Ital/Am
13.) Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale(2 or 3 units in CT)
15.) Pizza Hut ;)
Among others...

Now your turn!

~Steve B.

Last edited:
In the States, Jonny Rockets, woooooooooo! And Old Ebbetts Grill in DC was amazing. But the number one place I've eaten at in the states is the Magic Castle in LA; amazing food, and wonderful magic shows all evening. Just fantastic, and an experience I probably won't get to have again as I'm not a member. In the UK, I love Joe's Diner, and Frankie and Bennie's is a great chain.

RossBeckett said:
What are your top favorite restaurants? ....

Here in New Orleans there are no shortages of good and great restaurants, but I dine out only ocassionally. However when I do go out with friends, some of my favorite restaurants, in no particular order are:

Semolinas, Chilis, P.F. Changs (only been there once, but I loved it!), Olive Garden, The Olive Branch, Kim-Son (Chinese/Vietnamese), Outback Steakhouse, The Red Maple and La Maison Creole.

As for fast food, my favorites include: Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. My favorite local pizza place is Mo's Pizza - man, oh man! and yumola!

Eleiece

In no particular order, because I have very eclectic tastes:

Red Lobster
Taco Bell
Pizza Hut
Papa Murphy's (pizza)
V's Italiano
Zio's (Italian; similar to Macaroni Grill)
Smokehouse BBQ
Outback Steakhouse (my fav. location is the Branson one, which is independently owned; I got to try alligator there... it was pretty good!)
Burger King
Sonic
Mug's Up (the best sloppy burgers and homemade root beer in all of the KC metro!)
Fritz's Railroad Restaurant (where your food is delivered by model trains!)
Amigo's (sadly, no longer exists here in KC)
El Maguey (my fav dish: quesadilla w/refried beans and shrimp inside, covered in their specialty cheese sauce)

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Personally, I like to go to the tiny restaurants that are owned by immigrants, and in which no one speaks English. Great food to be had, if one is adventurous.

My all time favorite fast food Mexican restaurant is Chipotlé. It's kinda like Taco Bell, I guess. If there's one in your area, I reccommend that you try it. :)

Oh, and Montgomery Inn. It's a 3 unit chain restaurant(not an "Inn"). EXTREMELY famous for their barbecue ribs. Barbecue sauce sold at local grocery stores.

~Steve B.

Last edited:
Oooh! I'm a sucker for eating out, although I rarely do it, as to save myself :D

-Nothing but Noodles
-Moe's Southwest Grill
-Cracker Barrel
-Denny's

and my favorite 'fast food' has to be Sonic! It's so bad for me, but so good at the same time! In Oklahoma, Sonic's are more numerous than McDonald's just about (must have something to do with corporate headquarters being 2 miles away), so I'm always tempted.

Ahhh I'm such a Trip fan too! If he says it, it must be true then ;)

Anything he says in that accent....*goes all fangirl*

Best. Restaurant. Ever. = Cheesecake Factory

Mexican real food fast food? Baja Fresh.

And California has the benefit of In and Out - I cry for the rest of the U.S. though there are pretty good burgers at What-a-burger around the Texas and other mid-southwest areas.

I love to eat out--although we don't do it very often as my husband is an excellent cook.

Asian Cafe--local place, makes wonderful sushi
Amber--Excellent Indian food, spiced to order
Mamasita's--charming, relaxed little Mexican place
Number 5--excellent if you're ready to go upscale

Favorite fast food--Taco Bell and Subway

I like Frankie and Bennie's. THeir vegetarian marherita pizza is delicious. They also have the best desert I've ever had - the east coast sundae. I have it without marshmallows, because I'm vegetarian.

Well around here you have -

The Red Roof Tavern - Great if you want to leave with a black eye

The Stringybark Tavern - about 1/2 hour off the beaten track but well worth it

The Margaret River Chocolate Factory, they give you as much FREE chocolate as you want and you can buy food there as well (but who'd want to) It's actually the Swan Valley annex of The Margaret River Chocolate Factory, the original one is in Margaret River (Funny That) about 4 hours drive from here.

A whole stack of wineries all of which will stuff you silly

and my farvourite
Edgecombe Bros Winery where you get the most delicous steamed asparagus for breakfast and white port (on the house) I'm going there this saturday with the girls from Church Yippee!!!

No take out though, just the Doo Duck Inn which will give you fish and chips so greasy you could squeeze out the paper it was wrapped in and run the car with it for a week. Theres take out in Ellenbrook but by the time you drive home with it (35min) its cold!

Let's see...

La Tapatia(one $2 magarita gets you the free buffet on Tuesdays... and their burritos are only $3 and are as big as your head)

Olive Garden(best cheese ravioli... ever)

McDonalds(gotta love the dollar menu)

Lubys(I had never eaten there, till I moved in with Lubys waiters... I love their mashed potatoes)

Cracker Barrel(nummy french toast)

A&W(Darn good burgers for fast food)

Sicily's Pizza(Finally, a place that delivers... and actually has a really big selection)

And Taco Bell is just cool.

Sherdran said:
Here in New Orleans there are no shortages of good and great restaurants, but I dine out only ocassionally. However when I do go out with friends, some of my favorite restaurants, in no particular order are:

P.F. Changs (only been there once, but I loved it!),

Gee, I wonder who introduced you to that one?? Hmmm.... :lol

My favorite local pizza place is Mo's Pizza - man, oh man! and yumola!

AMEN to that one!!! Bill wants to get some Mo's when he gets back!

Among E's favorites are some of mine...and you can add to the list:

Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge at WDW)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge at WDW)
Tony's Town Square Restaurant (Magic Kingdom at WDW)
Donald's Breakfastosaurus (Animal Kingdom at WDW)

I'm sure after I come back from my honeymoon cruise on the Disney Magic I'll have more Disney restaurants to add to that! :lol:

nandos.jpg

etnlIcarus said:

Oh!! I love Nando's too!!!! But I've noticed they are getting a little pricey these days haven't you etnlcarus? They just put their prices up quite a bit here is WA. You can't get a complete meal for less than $15 (including chippy dip) so we don't really go as much as we used to.