Old 01-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
Clara5
Control Room Technician

Default Wow, has it really been FIVE years?

Hello everyone,

I just logged in here for the first time in almost five years, according to the logs, as I was cleaning up my e-mails and noticed an year-old e-mail abour my birthday (which is in April).

I imagine almost none of the old-timers remember me, apart maybe from the few people I added on Facebook. I remember being quite active on the boards "back in the day".

Well, in the five years that I have been absent, many things have changed. I am no longer the eternal single girl I was! I fell in love with my soulmate, got married in August 2013 and am now the proud mother of a 6 month-old boy named Arthur. Most of those changes in my life have been for the best, and I have to say that I have never been happier, though I wish I were a bit more rested.

Well, if you have any questions you want to ask to get to know me better, then go right ahead!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Clara5
Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Hi Clara, I don't know if we've ever met before, I'm Hayden. Congratulations on your wedding and bundle of joy

The forum has pretty much become a wasteland, so any new conversations are greatly appreciated

I'd also advise you to check out the Quantum Leap Podcast. Each episode discusses and analyses an episode of Quantum Leap, and is just a joy to listen to. I'm now a contributor also
Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #3
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Welcome back! Congrats to you and your family

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara5 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just logged in here for the first time in almost five years, according to the logs, as I was cleaning up my e-mails and noticed an year-old e-mail abour my birthday (which is in April).

I imagine almost none of the old-timers remember me, apart maybe from the few people I added on Facebook. I remember being quite active on the boards "back in the day".

Well, in the five years that I have been absent, many things have changed. I am no longer the eternal single girl I was! I fell in love with my soulmate, got married in August 2013 and am now the proud mother of a 6 month-old boy named Arthur. Most of those changes in my life have been for the best, and I have to say that I have never been happier, though I wish I were a bit more rested.

Well, if you have any questions you want to ask to get to know me better, then go right ahead!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Clara5
Welcome back Clara and congratulations on you marriage and son.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Clara5
Control Room Technician

Thank you Helen and Brian for the congratulations.

I do remember talking with you guys quite a bit, Brian about an exchange of data, and I still have the QL archives CD you sent me! As for you Helen, I remember we talked a lot on MSN back in the day!

As for you Lightning McQueen, you seem a bit familiar, but I'm not entirely sure why We may just have talked on these boards, but I cannot be sure unless I try to find old thread we both posted in. If I go just from your join date though there is a good chance we have talked

Anyhow, I am currently a stay-at-home mom, as the Quebec government is giving me part of my salary until about a month before Arthur's first birthday. Before that, I was working as an accounting Admin Assistant for a movie and tv production company. It is a fun environment to be in but the job itsself was a bit boring. However, my husband and I are trying to see if it'd be possible for me to remain at home to raise our son, but that remains to be seen. I mean, nowadays it's very hard to have one parent be able to make enough money to support a family. That or I could always go to back to my job and work possibly part-time, who knows? Hopefully we'll figure everything out by the times I am out of the gov's program.

Well, if you have anything you want to ask me, let me know!

Have a great day all!!!

Clara