1101 Lifetime: Present's Convergence

Present's Convergence

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Present's Convergence
November 20, 2005

Somewhere off the British Isles

Sam's triumphant return home has been thwarted by an unexpected twist: the return of the evil leaper, Zo?, who has leaped into his aura at Project Quantum Leap to seek retribution. At the mercy of Lothos' evil project, Sam is now the Visitor, instead of the leaper, and finds himself in a race against time to escape his captivity and save the future. But another twist occurs when he receives help from an unlikely source. (3 of 3)

Written by: Damon C. Sugameli

Thanks,
TVS Team

(acclaimed)

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
How could I be "nasty"? I've waited four months to read the outcome of that incredible story, and I wasn't disappointed! Though I must admit that I had to read it thoroughly and slowly, twice, because there's so many new leapers and timelines... but since we've entered that QL universe we knew that TIME as we once knew it would never be the same, didn't we? Also, there's some parts in that story which i wouldn't recommend to our youngest readers - those torture scenes are just terrifying, because I know that similar stuff has been done for REAL to REAL people, and not in the Middle Ages but fairly recently. There's still too many Lothos on our planet, and we must also stop them!

I'd have rated this season opener 9.5 instead of 9, but apparently this new form doesnt allow us raters to use decimals (if theres a way to use them, please tell me how!) And finally: greetings to all raters for this new season. I'm happy to be a part of this team again!

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
This was a great ending to the story. I really liked this story, great job!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
The writing was first rate, the pacing and tension was spot on, and the loose ends were tied up nicely. Well done, Damon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xanadu said:
The plot for this story was excellent and it needed nothing else to help out the storyline. It was an great ending to the trilogy.

Nicely done, Damon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
What a story. I must commend you on being able to keep so many threads going. In the end I do think that a few of the threads were a bit tangled and did force me to re-read certain sections a couple of times so I could fully follow it. The story was a brutal one and certainly cannot be read with out the first two. Overall, I would rank the whole series higher than I would this one particular section.

What I really enjoyed about this tale, as a whole, was how many different characters we saw involved. It gives us all a much broader sense of the quantum leap world. The twists were good and original and the level of suspense was certainly well maintained throughout the story.

Damon, good going and I look forward to your next story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
WARNING!!!!! POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

Well, Damon...

The wait is finally over...SEASON 11 HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!

A very intricately planned out conclusion to the trilogy...

Sam brutally interrogated--the water/electrodes, the branding iron, the brass knuckles-- yikes!!... I hope he has good insurance because I have the feeling Sam is gonna take quite a beating this season...hehehe

The red print was a nice touch very reminiscent of Quantum Retribution...(<-----PLUG!!!!!)

Part 3 was a nice way to temporarily bring back the Evil Leaper project although eventually it was destroyed by Sam...The torture scenes and Zoe's resentment to being around the PQL personnel (Donna, Stephen) really came through...I am curious as to what you have in store with Connors (referring to Interlude in the story)..Sounds like you have something set up with that character

Again, very well thought-out story..and a tragic loss (and sacrifice) by Alia...I liked the fact that Alia and Sam were "linked"...it adds a new dimension to Sam's abilities...

KUDOS!!!!!

Greg

PS. Welcome to the new Raters, and a hello to all the returning ones...As MJ said in Al's Place, a bumpy ride is coming...I hope you and all the ppl who have been keeping up with the VS enjoy what's coming...

Damon, Damon, Damon...

How could you?

How dare you?

This was the most absolutely engrossing trilogy that seemed to bring everything into one story. We see the return of Zoey, Thames, and Lothos, the tragic and heroic death of Alia, poor Connors trapped in time, the surprising identity of Adam being Alia's son...

I liked the borrowing of characters from Quantum Leap RPG and The Leap Continues, and that red font was a nice change that certainly shocked me when it turned back to blue. :lol Took me nearly half a minute to re-adjust my eyes! :b

I'm just astounded. You took us from Heaven to Hell and back. Congratulations!

... Mike. ^_^

SPOILER WARNING!!!

Heh heh, yeah I know, I'm an evil bastich, aren't I? ;)

As I mentioned in "Past's Prologue," this was all originally based around a single cliffhanger idea I had for a 2-hour season finale; the evil leaper leaping into Sam's life and messing up his life would've been a 2-hour season premiere that would've revealed the secrets behind Lothos and brought an end to the Evil Leaper story. Obviously, since the details were already revealed in TVS a few years ago, I had to change a number of things (which is okay, since I like what MJ and AJ came up with anyway!) :) So, I came up with the fully-integrated hologram idea as a way to get a "one-up" on Ziggy. MJ really liked the idea!

Another thing I'll mention is that Adam was originally supposed to be a one-time throwaway character for the future story. But, as does often happen, as I was writing his character and making him somewhat insane, he kind of wrote himself. When I was trying to think of a way to link Alia to all 3 stories, that's when it hit me: Adam could be Alia's son! Once I figured it all out, I started planting subtle clues in the first two stories to tie it all together. I admit, it got a bit hard to follow toward the end, but hey, it was a lot to wrap up in a short amount of time. I was also trying to set up a few ideas that MJ and Greg are going to explore later this season, which is why I ended it the way I did. ;)

So, yes, Greg, I have something planned for Connors (clever observation!) :p And as far as Adam goes, I'm not sure what I want to do with him yet. I left it open for his return as well because I think he's too interesting and psychotic of a character to waste. Maybe MJ or another writer will want to use him in some fashion at some point in the near future. Right now, I'm going to focus my attention on continuing Connors' story and start wrapping it up, and then maybe take a break from the "arc" stories for a while. I'd like to branch off and start writing some other stories, like Sliders, Starbright, and hopefully some original ideas of my own. Now that I've gotten such great feedback from people, I'm really encouraged to keep at it and hopefully make a career out of this someday. Who knows what the future holds!

Last edited:
Well I've read it three times now, and it still blows me away!
A brilliant ending to a fantastic trilogy.
Damon, you're an ace writer, and I throw flowers at your feet!

One tiny nitpick, which is probably me misreading -
If Al was bumped out by Adam right after the committee meeting, then surely it was Adam who heard Beth say about the stranger that told her to wait for Al, not Al himself, yet he referred to it with Sam.
My brain hurts....

Nevertheless, this rates a 5 with me.
Awesome stuff Damon, keep it coming.

Damon, whatever it takes, and if you can, you can try to write for the new QL series. :lol I don't know. Maybe they recruit writers or something.
Anyway, wonderful job with the Lifetime trilogy!

Time is NOT linear in the world of QL or any series that has time travel in at least 1 episode. Because of all the full circles. :)

The points of this trilogy were to set in motion for what already happened from Sam's POV and to open up "doors" for future episodes. And we also got to see part of this month's ep of Starbright from a different perspective.

And I also liked the bit about Connors who is completely neutral, or rogue leaper. Nice set-up! :)

Alia's noble sacrifice was, IMO, very similar to the one that Data did in Nemesis. They will be remembered in all our hearts.

My rating: 5
Well done Damon!

Steve
RossBeckett

This was a rather intense trilogy (which I finally got around to reading today.) Poor Sam; and here I thought that I was an abusive author. It was nice seeing the return of the original Evil Leapers. And it offered up some tantalizing ideas - I'd love to see something with the Ziggy "Eden" personality mentioned in part one (I'd love to read a Ziggy fic), and the thought of Sam as a brainwashed agent of Lothos is just much too fun for my own good. I'm hoping that something like this comes up in future episodes, or I may just find myself writing...

The character called "Q"(John Delancie; Star Trek: TNG) said in the series final?:

What you were
and what you are to become
will always be with you

All Good Things is very similar, and yet very different at the same time, to Damon's "Present's Convergence". Sam Beckett and Jean-Luc Picard both traveled between three different time periods of their lives. In Sam's "present", though, he was immediately replaced by the evil Zoey Malvinson.

Steve
RossBeckett