Going the Distance

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
For those who don't know already, I am a driving instructor. I will be 26 on June 21, and I graduated from High School in '97.
Now that that's said, I have to tell you what happened to me yesterday.

Who here remembers the song Going the Distance by the group Cake. Well, when I am in the car, I need background noise to help me concentrate, so I play the radio.

I was in the car with one of my students, this 17 year old girl. That song comes on the radio and I happen to mention to her that it was on the radio, during my Senior year of high school, so she says, "What, the 80's" :protest

So I say to her, "How old do you think I am?"

So she says, "The 70's then." :shoot

Then for the next five minutes, she is just digging the hole deeper and deeper

People always think I look older than I am. I once had a woman ask If we graduated together. I said, "I don't think so."
So she says, "Are you sure, New Britain High, Class of '69."

So I say, "No, Goodwin Tech, Class of '97."

Ok, I'm done ranting now. I just thought that that was funny, and had to share.

P.S. Speaking of funny, Who here likes Bill Engvall from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Well his big thing is that he hates stupid people, they should just have to wear signs that say "I'm Stupid" so we would know not to rely on them.

Well one day, I am behind the wheel of the driving school car. The car is plastered with the schools name (E-Z Lern) front and back. So a kid walks up to me and says, "Um, excuse me, do you know where this place E-Z Lern is?" :banghead

:stupid "No, the car doesn't want to be recognized so it is in disguise.