The Tale of Three Sams

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
ok so i decided that since you people here are not cruel like the people from the Full House board i came off of before i joined here, i decided to try out a fanfic on here. this is only the beginning and i would like to give a special thanks to Tom (Al's Handlink) for helping me edit it and fix it up. there may not be an update for quite some time or at all depending how things go, at the moment i just wanna try out the main idea of this story on your guys. i hope it's ok.:eek:

The Tale Of Three Sams​

AlSamSamandSam.jpg

Prologue
You will never believe the story you are about to hear but I swear it?s true. I saw it with my own two eyes, and I have got to say; it nearly drove me out of my mind.

It started out as just another ordinary leap, another wrong for Sam Beckett to put right. That is until things went a little caca. But I am going a little too fast here, sorry being in the Navy does that to you, time to slow down a bit.

Ok, so the story sort of begins without me. As Sam was due to leap at any moment, I was preparing the waiting room for our next visitor. Now, there is always the possibility of a visitor remembering about his time at the project, and that worries me. Returning to the past with memories of what happened to them here could wreak havoc on the projects existence. So, one day, with the hopes that she could help prevent the visitor from remembering too much, I asked Dr. Beeks to stay with the visitor until he or she returns home.

Personally, I love it when Sam leaps into a woman. It always makes me laugh to see Sam bumbling around in a woman?s aura. But I?m getting sidetracked.As I was saying, in this case, the visitor was a man, and he seemed very lively. He seemed to like Sam?s reflection, even though it had not been shaved in god knows how long.

Oh well, my favorite part is the beginning really, when they all scream at the sight of it, except for the beautiful ladies, I personally make it my job to sooth the ladies when they freak out, which they do more than the men for obvious reasons.

But, watching this guy, I could tell that he seemed awfully anxious. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, he cringed real tight like he was in pain. Then, with a scream ofagony, he fell back, unconscious, and leaped out, leaving Sam?s body limp and lifeless. For several moments, Dr. Beeks and I watched and waited but no one leaped back in.

Don?t ask me what it was, but something happened. I am not even sure I can explain it, not completely. But when I leaped, I felt like I was a car being jump started, at least at first. Then everything just shut off, it was all black.

After a moment, I saw colors swirling all around me, They swam through the blackness that surrounded my being. The best way I can think of to describe it is to say that it was like being in a kaleidoscope. There was an ever-changing picture that mesmerized me. It was beautiful. But it was also deadly.

They stung me, causing my body to feel stiff, numb, and lifeless. There was also a wave of electricity running through my body, starting with my legs. Next, mylungs feltlike they werebeing rung out like a sponge. It was hard to breath. I felt it course all the way through to my skull. That?sI got this warm sensation upon my lips and chin. It ran all the way down my neck and through my chest hairs. It was as if I were choking up blood.

I could not taste it or smell it, but for some reason I got this strange salty sensation on my tongue, like warm body salt. It seemed that my heart was going a million beats per minute, and I began to feel faint. It felt like someone was digging their hand, through my skin and into my body, as if trying to yank something out.

In the background, I could faintly make out the sound of several voices around me, and they all seemed vaguely familiar.

?What?s happening?? were the first words I was able to make out, the voice saying them was male but high.

?He?s not coming in all the way, what?s happening?? A woman asked in a high ditzy voice.

?I don?t know, he?s pale and there is blood coming from his mouth, he may not be alive,? another, more intelligent sounding woman stated. ?I?m checking for a pulse.?

I felt, somehow, like I knew all of them, but I couldn?t quite grasp where from, I couldn?t grasp anything at the moment, as I wasn?t sure myself if I was still alive?

?Sam?how the hell did this happen!?? came another man?s voice, deeper this time and with concern. I recognized this one immediately.

?Al?? I tried to say, but I doubt if anything came out. Either way no one responded. Then all of a sudden I felt like I was going down a steep hill on a roller coaster. One second I was sitting at the top, nice, slow and peaceful. Then all of a sudden, WHOOSH! The voices vanished. One moment, they were still saying things amongst each other, but I could not make anything out. The next, they had all faded away. Then what little air that was still in my lungs vanished as I landed, and everything blacked out completely.

Chapter One
When Sam awoke he was in a bed, but it was not an ordinary bed. He could barely move, and he could not steer his neck around to see where he was. All he saw was ceiling. He tried to steer his eyeballs forward to see what was in front of him, but only saw his legs covered in a blanket. In fact, he could not see very well at all.

Everything was just a blur. The sound of a beeping heart meter filled his right ear, and he noticed something in his arm. It felt like a needle covered by a piece of cloth. An IV sack, he was able to determine. He must have been in a hospital.

But how did he get there? What had happened? Where did all the voices go? Did the owner of one of them call an ambulance for him? He did not remember a siren, but then again he did not remember anything after the voices had faded, except being pulled like a roller coaster.

He did however remember pain, lots of pain, and the salty sensation on his tongue. After all that, was he actually alive? The heart meter was beeping steadily, so he must have been.

Then he began to wonder what happened to the people that were talking about him before. For some reason he felt like they were his friends, but did he even know them? There were so many questions flooding his mind as he heard the voices reply like a tape recorder in his mind. That?s when he remembered one of the voices in particular.

?Al?? he called weakly, but there was no answer, the room was quite. He coughed, and his heart jumped, afraid that he would feel blood splatter from his mouth onto his shirt and legs. But nothing happened.

?Al?? he tried again. He was scared. He had no idea where or even who he was. What had happened to him that landed him in a hospital? Had he been lying there listening to those voices, or was he floating? He felt no sensation of being alive. He had been so sure that he was dead and that something like a roller coaster had been taking up him to heaven. But how had it all happened in the first place?

The last thing he could remember before he leaped was trying to change a car tire. He was trying to take the lug nuts off the wheels quickly due to a storm raging around him. The rain was pouring down and there was thunder and lightning.

Another problem was the wind. It had to be blowing at fifty miles per hour making it hard to keep his balance. All told, this storm felt more like a hurricane then anything else.

Then, from out of nowhere, there was a huge explosion of sorts causing Sam to lose his balance and hit the ground hard. Opening his eyes, Sam looked up in the air just in time to see a power line falling directly towards him.

There was no time to react. The wire touched him and sent a shock through his body, the next thing he knew he had leaped, but what was the connection between all of it? He could not muster enough strength even to think, so he took a breath just to make sure he was alive and closed his eyes

?What happened, where did he go?? Al asked after the quite unusual ordeal. He hadleaped back, ever so briefly; his best friend had been back, at least it had seemed like he was.

Al had seen him, but it was not pretty. He looked like he had gotten some kind of seizure or something. He had blood running down his chin. He didn?t look like he was breathing. In fact he wasn?t showing any vital signs at all.

Al felt his heart stop. There was no way he could stand losing his best friend in the whole world. What the hell had happened when he leaped though? The whole lab was baffled, and now they were having a tough time figuring out where he had leaped next.

?Ziggy,? asked Al? ?Where did Sam go? He was just here and then he leaped back out.?

?I am afraid I am having trouble locking onto Dr. Beckett.,? Ziggy reported. ?He seems to be in the timeline, but I cannot determine where. When the link gets strong enough, he reappears elsewhere.?

?What, that?s impossible,? said Gooshie.

?When dealing with quanta, anything is possible,? said Ziggy

?Well if he?s got brainwaves at all, that means he?s alive, thank God!? Al said with relief.

Sam was alive, that made Al?s heart slow down a little, now they just needed to find out where he had leaped. Wherever he was, Al hoped with all his heart that Sam was ok after his big episode.

Sam Sat up, and rubbed his eyes. He must have been conked out for at least twenty minutes.

?What happened,? he thought to himself? ?I feel a little dizzy, and boy does my head hurt.?

He carefully and slowly got to his feet. He looked around and noticed that his surroundings were familiar.

?Where am I? When am I??

He walked around the room, or tried to. His head scolded him. It was pounding like a drum. Everything became a blur as dizziness overtook him. Stopping, he sat on the couch and rested his head on his lap. Within a few minutes, the sensation passed and he slowly got up again and proceeded to look around.

The house seemed very familiar. He was sure he been in this house before.

?Teresa, do you love Frankie?? he asked a tall slender Italian woman with dark hair and a pale complexion.

?Yeah!? she replied in a ?what?s it to yah!? tone.

?Frankie, do you love Teresa?? he asked the man sitting next to her with shiny dark hair and sweat covering his skin. He was Italian too, and he seemed a little confused, not only by the question but by the moment, like he had suffered a concussion. He seemed to have no idea what was going on.

?Love Teresa? Godfather, anybody that looks at Teresa?? he answered and slashed a hand in front of his neck.

?What if it wasn?t??? he asked duplicating the gesture. ?Do you love her??

?With all do respect Godfather, I love her so much it hurts,? Frankie answered.

?Don Gino would like it to be known, that Teresa and Frankie?are to be married,? announced a priest running a bingo hall, by his request.

?B-8,? he announced as he picked a ball from the spinning ball cage.

?BINGO!? an elderly woman happily announced, and he gave her a smile.

Noticing a mirror hanging on a wall, he stepped up to it. At first, for some reason, he hesitated to look in the mirror. But, after a moment, he opened his eyes and gazed at his host?s reflection. Unable to believe what he saw, he took two steps back.

?Don Gino, again? I?m Don Gino again!? Oh boy!?

When Sam opened his eyes again, the pain and stiffness was still gripping his body, but somehow he could sense someone else in the room with him. That wasprobably because ofthe fact that he felt someone stroking his right temple. He could tell by the touch that is was a woman that was next to him. She was passing her fingers through his hair and he was enjoying every moment of it.

He still felt so weak and dizzy, he didn?t much care who it was. It felt nice. There was a sense of warmth and love in that touch. He was relishing the sensation. Then, whoever the touch belonged to, noticed that he had awoken, and gasped.

?Thank God!? said the woman. She had a bit of an accent like maybe she was Asian? Somehow it sounded familiar to him. Then he felt the mattress sink as the woman climbed onto the bed and sat beside him.

?Sam?? she asked as she looked down into his face.

Sam couldn?t believe his eyes. He rubbed them to make sure he wasn?t seeing things. He didn?t exactly recognize her at first, but he knew she was familiar, and also that she had just addressed him as ?Sam?. He continue to stare at her, trying to come up with an answer, when a scene flashed before his mind?s eye.

He was in a room, standing in front of a mirror with the same Asian woman. She looked a little sad, and he vaguely remembered something happening prior to that moment, she had told him some kind of story?in the mirror, a different man placed his hands on her shoulders.

?I didn?t mean to upset you,? he said softly.

?I?m sorry,? she muttered in response.

?It?s alright.?

She then stared into the mirror at his reflection, and gave a low gasp.

?Oh my God!?

?What??

?Who are you!??

?I?m Dylan,? His present mind finally remembered a name.

?No, you?re not, you?re somebody else!??

?You can see me!?

All of a sudden in a rush, it all flooded back into him, the events of the leap that led up to that flashback in front of the mirror.

?Tamlyn?? he managed to choke. She bent her head and kissed his forehead. He couldn?t have been happier to see her, but how had it happened? ?H?how are you here?how did I get here, where am I??

?Shh, take it easy Sam, I don?t know what happened, I was doing a live report with Dylan, and all of a sudden you leaped in, and collapsed to the ground. You were covered in blood, I thought that you were?dead!? Tamlyn began to cry.

?Dylan? Dylan Powel? I?m back in Dylan Powel?? Sam said in confusion. ?What year is it??

?It?s been a year and a half since you were last here, Dylan and I are now reporters together,? Tamlyn answered.

?You?re a reporter?Tamlyn that?s wonderful,? Sam said giving her a smile. He was glad in this time of extreme pain and confusion to be somewhere that was not only familiar but comfortable. He was with someone he cared about. What made it evenbetterwas the fact that she knew who he truly was and cared about him. Could that have possibly been the reason he was here, back in the body of Dylan Powel?

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what u think or tell me in the chat, this story is soooo good. I want you to update this ASAP!

Samantha Beckett

thank you all very much, this is very encouraging, i just need to come out of my writer's block, i think i know where i am going next though.

so a lot of people seem to like this story huh? well ok here you go.

Even a week later, Al still wasn?t able to get the picture out of his head. Sam had leaped back, or rather almost leaped back. Thanks to Vietnam, he had seen his share of horrible sights, and though he would never admit it, he knew true fear. But nothing since Vietnam had affected him quite like that.That is until he saw Sam lying there that day.

Everyone had been so sure that he was dead. Well they had, but Al new better. Despite how ugly the scene had looked, nothing could make Al give up on his best friend like that. Even if Sam really had been dead, something in Al still would not have given up.

But Sam wasn?t dead, not this time. He knew it with every fiber of his being. That feeling had been confirmed when Ziggy had reported signs of brainwaves from him. The problem now, was that his brainwaves seemed to have been jumping around the timeline somehow, and she could not get a lock on him.

After finishing a conversation with Dr. Beeks, Al walked down the halls, lost in his thoughts. One hand was tucked away inside the pocket of his gold jacket, and the other was supporting a cigar. He took a puff, wondering, would Ziggy ever be able to locate Sam, or would they loose contact with him forever? He shook the thought from his head; he couldn?t think like that, he couldn?t let Sam down.

?Admiral?? Ziggy?s smooth sultry voice seemed to surround him. Al instantly perked up.

?What is it? Have you found him?? he asked anxiously.

?I believe I have?his brainwaves seemed to have finally settled in one place, but I am uncertain if it will last, I would suggest that you prepare the Imaging Chamber quickly,? Ziggy explained. Al didn?t hesitate for a second; he broke into a sprint as he entered the control room.

[font=&quot] ?Gooshie!? he shouted.[/font]

?Yes Admiral? repliedGooshie, ?I?m bringing the Imaging Chamber online now sir?.

Al wasn?t about to wait. As Gooshie spoke, he was already seizing a handlink and summoning the door to the Imaging Chamber open.

?Ziggy, lock me on, quickly!? he commanded. It was force of habit that made Al close his eyes while Ziggy was trying to establish the lock. Seeing that cone of history, as he had come to call it, had a tendency to make him nauseous. He stayed like that until he heard the familiar noise that signaled that the image was expanding to reveal Sam?s current location.

Opening his eyes, he saw that Sam was standing in front of a mirror. He was gazing at himself, or rather his host. Al couldn?t help but smile at the fact that Sam was striking tough guy poses. But he got over that quickly

?Sam, what are you doing?!? Al gasped. Sam jumped back, nearly stumbling over on his feet.

?Al!? Sam gasped.

?Sam, thank God you?re alright, what are you doing standing there like nothing happened!? Al shot.

?What are you talking about?!? Sam looked at his friend like he was crazy.

?What am I talking about? We thought you were dead!? Al practically shouted. ?And what the hell are you doing as Don Gino again!?

?Aren?t you supposed to be telling me that!? Sam shot back. ?Al, what in the world is going on!??

?We don?t know, it took us a week just to find you!?? Al replied.

?A week!?

?Ziggy?s been detecting your brainwaves jumping around the timeline, or something like that,? Al explained.

?What? How??

?Are you ready?? asked that familiar voice.

?To go home?? Asked Sam as his essence floated in the nothingness.

?Not yet. There is still much to do.? the voice replied.

?But I don?t want to. I want to go home.?

?Soon, I promise. But there are wrongs to put right first. Now are you ready??

?But what happened to me?? There was pain, lots of pain.?

The voice did not answer his question, Sam felt the familiar pull of the impending leap, and submitted to it.

?Sam, do you remember anything at all from before you leaped?? Al asked.

?Uhh, no, I don?t remember anything,? Sam replied.

All of a sudden Al?s image began to flicker.

?Al, are you alright??

?What the hell?Sam, I?m losing you?can you still hear me?? Al tried.

The audio was fading in and out as Al?s image flickered. ?Al?? Sam asked.

?Sam!?? Al shouted in return although he had not heard Sam?s cry, for he had vanished. Al was back in the large blue room that was the Imaging Chamber. Annoyed, he pounded his finger on the handlink button that opened the Imaging Chamber door and stomped out.

?I lost him, what the hell happened?? he demanded.

?Dr. Beckett?s brainwaves jumped again Admiral,? Ziggy answered.

Al protested, ?What are you talking about, he was standing right there. I was with him. He didn?t leap, so what happened?!?

Just then,Gooshie appeared from the Waiting Room. Al couldn?t tell if he was shocked or frightened.

?Gooshie, something?s going on with Ziggy,? informed Al. ?She?s saying Sam?s brainwaves jumped again, but I saw him. He was standing right in front of me!?

?Admiral I?? Gooshie began.

?Admiral I assure you, I am in complete working order?I am only reporting what I am finding. Dr. Beckett?s brainwaves seemed to have jumped three separate times,? Ziggy cut in.

?Umm, excuse me Admiral, we have a problem,? Gooshie finished his previous thought.

?Yeah I?ll say we have a problem,? Al agreed.

?Well its more than you think Admiral?Umm, somehow, three Dr. Becketts? have appeared in the Waiting Room,? Gooshie reported.

Al had no idea what to make of this statement. He was shell shocked. ?What!? was all he could say?

thank you all, thanks so much.

now i just need to figure out where i want the third Sam to go, lol.
oh yeah, i promised to email this story to my best friend to read, hmm, lets hope she can give me some ideas.;)

OK, so just a quick announcment, I know this is an old story and m,ost of you have probably forgotten about it by now, but I was here in the thread to copy the story because the file seemed to have disappeared from my comp, and I was just wanted to make this quick announcement.

This story is officially dead...well until further notice at least. I now I have a lot to do for college and I have two much much better stories started that I hope to get into the virtual seasons, one of them anyway.

If you want a sneak peak of eaither than you can PM me. ;)