Night Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by daezer View Post
I'm looking for a little help from the collective brain of QL
fans -- someone once told me there's an episode that has a reference to
Vassar College. No idea what it is, no detail beyond that. But if it's
really there, I'd love to find it -- does anybody know which one it is or
any help?
I'm afraid there's no Vassar College reference here, David. I'm sorry to disappoint you and your "collection/ongoing project." What do you want all these references to Vassar College for, anyway, huh? What's the deal? Try this at the "Friends" board (I'm sure there are many out there), or better yet, do a real investigation, if you're really interested, and please stop flooding many of the boards out there with the same question. You've never cared about QL or about any of those other shows.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
JuliaM
Project Observer

Sorry, NightTerror, but you're wrong. There is an episode of QL that references Vassar Colle. The episode is "SeaBride". While talking about why Vinny the Viper "likes" her, Catherine gives one of the reasons as being that she went to Vassar.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
feldon30
Forum Technician

Night Terror,

Thanks for bringing up these concerns. A google search revealed a dozen websites for various TV shows where similar posts have been made by daezer. As there are no weblinks or outright spam contained in the post, I will keep an eye on this, but not going to remove it just yet.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #5
Night Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz View Post
Sorry, NightTerror, but you're wrong. There is an episode of QL that references Vassar Colle. The episode is "SeaBride". While talking about why Vinny the Viper "likes" her, Catherine gives one of the reasons as being that she went to Vassar.
So there is! Oh, okay. Thanks, Julia, and no sorries, OK. I like it when I'm wrong. On the other hand, I'm sorry for judging too quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
Night Terror,

Thanks for bringing up these concerns. A google search revealed a dozen websites for various TV shows where similar posts have been made by daezer. As there are no weblinks or outright spam contained in the post, I will keep an eye on this, but not going to remove it just yet.
Oh, no, don't worry, I guess he won't be coming back now that jmoniz has given him what he wanted. The few times somebody responded to him on those other sites, he never even said thank you. I'd be surprised if he did this time (probably just to shut me up, hehe!). Don't get me wrong, I welcome new members and all, but it seems to me that all this guy cares about is collecting his references, no matter what the show/film is about.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Really, he's been going around to other forums? I wonder what's so important about Vasser College?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
daezer
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Terror View Post
I'm afraid there's no Vassar College reference here, David. I'm sorry to disappoint you and your "collection/ongoing project." What do you want all these references to Vassar College for, anyway, huh? What's the deal? Try this at the "Friends" board (I'm sure there are many out there), or better yet, do a real investigation, if you're really interested, and please stop flooding many of the boards out there with the same question. You've never cared about QL or about any of those other shows.
I'm very surprised to see such rudeness and hostility -- that's completely unprecedented in my experience in a fan community toward somebody seeking information about the object of their affection.

Not that I should need to allay your suspicion but I'm a Vassar alum and have been tracking references on behalf of the alumni association. The collection is over 115 clips right now, ranging from a 1927 silent to last year's Hamlet 2. Generally when people tip me to something they have a certain amount of specificity, to the point where I can identify the episode or the season. When I can't, I ask in fan communities for some help. Fans are typically too eager to help and share their interest.

If you've seen my posts on other boards, then you've seen exactly 1 post on the boards of no more than 5 others shows, because that's all I'm missing specificity on. I wouldn't characterize that as 'flooding' but clearly it's troubled you; I regret having offended you so deeply over such a triviality.

But I must say: nothing in my request would even indicate whether I watched the show 20 years ago, or liked it or disliked it -- only that I can't identify what I'm looking for and would prefer not to watch 97 episodes in hopes of finding something that might not even be there.

I would appreciate help from you or anyone else. If you don't wish to give it because I'm not worthy in your eyes to receive your help, then, really, what can I say?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

I didn't see any problem with him asking about this either - there's no reason for this thread to continue - it's now closed.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Closed Thread