Seeing,Hearing and Leaping...

isz

Project QL Intern
Jun 4, 2007
Jerusalem,Israel
In the past 3 weeks i've seen the all first season of Quantum Leap and episodes 2x01-06 of QL and i have 2 question,which i'm pretty sure were already been Discussed here but,I admitt, i'm too lazy to go and search for them...
After seeing again "Star crossed" and remembering "shock Theatre" and "Mirror image" this guestions had risen...
1. In the imaging room. Is Al is the only one who's able to see and hear Sam or everyone from the project that might be present in or monitoring the imaging room at the moment can hear him,too?
2. Can Al See the bright blue light that wrapps Sam when he leaps or not?! in "Good morning peoria" when the blue light from the Antenna projecting on him Al looks at himself and telling Sam - "Look Sam - I'm Leaping...".
However in "mirror Image", after Stoppa Leaps and Al's arrive - Sam ask Al "If a bright blue light wrapping him when he leaps?", Al says he doesn't know because when Sam leaps he's leaping with him...
So...Is Al sees it or not?!

1.) No Only Al can see Sam in the imaging chamber and vise versa as they are the only ones connected to Ziggy through their brain tissue which they donated to her.

2.) Also No.
Sam: Al when I leap do I glow with blue electrical energy?
Al: I don't know when you leap I go back into the imaging chamber.

If he doesn't know the answer to Sam's question than obviously he can't see it. As for that halarious moment in Good Morning Peoria He probably saw the Accelorator running at one time. *shrug*

Sam Beckett Fan said:
1.) No Only Al can see Sam in the imaging chamber and vise versa as they are the only ones connected to Ziggy through their brain tissue which they donated to her.

2.) Also No.
Sam: Al when I leap do I glow with blue electrical energy?
Al: I don't know when you leap I go back into the imaging chamber.

If he doesn't know the answer to Sam's question than obviously he can't see it. As for that halarious moment in Good Morning Peoria He probably saw the Accelorator running at one time. *shrug*

On the first question, I believe others can see Sam when they are inside the Imaging Chamber, but only when they are holding onto Al's hand or I guess touching him in some way. I am recalling Dr. Beeks seeing him in "Shock Theater" in this manner. Gooshie also saw Sam in "Killin' Time," but Ziggy did a lousy brainwave sync-up job to make this happen, so they kept fading in and out of the visual and audio range from one another.

HologramIAm said:
On the first question, I believe others can see Sam when they are inside the Imaging Chamber, but only when they are holding onto Al's hand or I guess touching him in some way. I am recalling Dr. Beeks seeing him in "Shock Theater" in this manner. Gooshie also saw Sam in "Killin' Time," but Ziggy did a lousy brainwave sync-up job to make this happen, so they kept fading in and out of the visual and audio range from one another.

Right I forgot about Beaks. Yes people can see Sam if they are in some manner in physical contact with Al. But they still can not hear him as that is something only someone with briancell connections can do aka Al.

I would think it's the other way around - Sam can see people from Al's time in the imaging room if they're touching Al,But not the other way around.After all in the imaging room Al see's sam and all that surrounds him as an Hologram and i always thought to myself that it might be something like the Hologram room in "Star-Trek:TNG."

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Right I forgot about Beaks. Yes people can see Sam if they are in some manner in physical contact with Al. But they still can not hear him as that is something only someone with briancell connections can do aka Al.

In the episode "Raped", work has been done so that Sam and both see an hear Katie when she's in the imaging chamber with Al and she can both see and hear what's going on around Sam so that she can testify. It's safe to assume that from that episode on, if someone else is in the imaging chamber and in contact with Al they will be able to both see and hear Sam and his surroundings.

jmoniz said:
In the episode "Raped", work has been done so that Sam and both see an hear Katie when she's in the imaging chamber with Al and she can both see and hear what's going on around Sam so that she can testify. It's safe to assume that from that episode on, if someone else is in the imaging chamber and in contact with Al they will be able to both see and hear Sam and his surroundings.

Ah yes Raped. That's not one of my favorites so I don't often watch irt and thus that slipped my mind as well.

isz said:
I would think it's the other way around - Sam can see people from Al's time in the imaging room if they're touching Al,But not the other way around.After all in the imaging room Al see's sam and all that surrounds him as an Hologram and i always thought to myself that it might be something like the Hologram room in "Star-Trek:TNG."

Yes that's what I said. Sam can see another party in the imaging chamber if they are in any manner of phsyical contact with Al but he can't hear them and vise versa as well. But as Julia said they upgraded the imaging chamber in Raped so its safe to say that they never took the changes off and thus now its possible to have both visual and audio contact with a third party but still always they must be touching Al.