Just a small thing i noticed

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
this is really minor, but my Ql season four came in the mail a few days ago and i watched the leap back, and i thought i would share something minor that cought my eye.

ok so you know the bracelet that Sam is wearing that has the same colors as the handlink. well i noticed that somehow his nerves or something is hooked to it. in the scene with him and DOnna on the balcony, after she tells him that she has never felt that he betrayed her love (which still makes me really sad thinking about Abigale), he leans in and kisses her and i noticed that a wire trails from the bracelet, up his arm and down his spine.

not that it is real important or anything, but you would never notice that on my bootleg version, and i also wonder what its for.

I'm thinking it's probably connected to the battery pack making it light up. <running for cover>

McDuck said:
I'm thinking it's probably connected to the battery pack making it light up. <running for cover>

LMAO! Very very true!!!

I actually dont remember the whole bracelet thing, but then again, its been ages since I saw The Leap Back and Im getting the DVDs for another month, lol.

Samantha Beckett

yes its the wire that goes to the battery pack for the prop. Even the Real handlink had a wire that went up Dean's arm to his belt where the powere box was clipped. Do you remember EVER seeing "Al" with short Sleeves? lol Think about it. Of Course, i can make a Gummy Handlink that looks screen accurate and that Lights up like the show AND has sound effects with all the wires inside the handlink. ;)

NeuroMason said:
Even the Real handlink had a wire that went up Dean's arm to his belt where the powere box was clipped. Do you remember EVER seeing "Al" with short Sleeves? lol Think about it.

Really? I've never heard about that. Nevertheless, it couldn't always be the case, because the handlink battery is visible in this picture if you look closely:

Handlink5.jpg

well, it may have been wires for the potentiometer then.. but i have seen a handlink that has wires coming out of the back/bottom. i have a pic but its not very good...
93con11.jpg

NeuroMason said:
yes its the wire that goes to the battery pack for the prop. Even the Real handlink had a wire that went up Dean's arm to his belt where the powere box was clipped. Do you remember EVER seeing "Al" with short Sleeves? lol Think about it.

Well... yes. He wore short-sleeved shirts in Double Identity and in A Little Miracle (when Sam said that he dressed like a waiter at Trader Vic's). He also took the handlink out of his pocket, or put it in, many times. Wouldn't a wire interfere with that and show on-camera?

Yeah.. now that i think about it.. they used the same thing i use... I don't know what that little wire would be for?! Ah well... i know they used the exact same light switch i use in mine. As a matter of fact, that big black battery we see in the handlink isnt used at all.. Its there for looks... the actual batteries are about the size of a dime and there are 4 of them.

Most likely, the coin-type batteries are 1.5V each. Four of them would make for a 6V setup. Apparently, the setup that the prop guys used for the show was a 9V setup, since that is a 9V battery powering the device. So your light string and their light string just require different voltages, that's all. :)

Samantha Beckett said:
I actually dont remember the whole bracelet thing, but then again, its been ages since I saw The Leap Back and Im getting the DVDs for another month, lol.

Samantha Beckett

Yes, I myself was much distracted by Scott's mostly on-diplay bod and general shirtless hotness in that scene to notice the wires.