Bak Chat >_>

Y

Yoshihira

Bak Chat >_>

We're waiting for the chat to start. Any one wanna join us? It's at startrek.com :wavey

Aw darn, I completely forgot about it. And I wanted to see if I could participate too. Oh well... maybe I'll be able to join ya next time; let me know how it went, ok, hon? :D

It's a gripe and a complaint... sorry...

I hate to do this... but dammit... this is so freakin not fair!

I come here everyday... but I may not post everyday and I may not even get in enough of the Rodette Visions... but ...... and while I'm away at work... or working on something that I THOUGHT was important, I miss something like this.

This is the closest that I'll ever get to talking with this actor... a person that I enjoy in anything that he acts in... and hear about it from a mutual friend - not here mind you - I try to go to the site and it redirects me every single time I try to get in... so it's full or they just aren't letting anyone in.

I guess it's just that I'm tired, overworked and have not had enough sleep in the last three days... however...

For people who knew about the chat and didn't tell anyone until today when it started (when most of us are either at work or have NO opportunity to even be involved...) it would have been nice to let the group know at least a day or so ahead of time. At least then MAYBE, I could have planned my time better and COULD have been able to attend.

Sorry, that I'm being a witch or any other name that you might want to throw in there.

Re: It's a gripe and a complaint... sorry...

I just found out a few seconds before the chat. I'm sorry...:(

Re: It's a gripe and a complaint... sorry...

It's not you, Andrea... if you just found out before... that's cool... but I'm sure that someone else on the site here at Al's Place might have known....

AUGH.

At least, Eric was on MSN with me and I got to ask Scott a question through him about TVS... but without being able to do it myself... it's not the same... and I know that I'll never get to meet either Scott nor Dean.

Those of you who are lucky enough to do it... enjoy... cuz the people like me who know that you won't... it really is a bummer...

sorry...

I'll just leave now.

MJ

Scott chat!

I heard about it on the Yahoo! Group called AllScott. I didn't even think about posting anything about it on Al's Place... I figured that any and all Scott or Star Trek groups out there would have mentioned it. It's was also mentioned on the akheva forum Star Trek for Leapers.

Right now, they have an image that says "Missed the chat with Scott Bakula? Come back soon to read the transcript!"

I actually submitted a question to him... hehehe... I hope he answered it!

... Mike. ^_^

Recanting / Recanting / Recanting

I am officially sorry for saying that someone here would know about the chat and tell no one about it.

I made an overgeneralization and someone took it very personnally as well as some other people and for that I am very sorry.

Having been on about 6 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, and then stress from school as well as getting excited when I came home tonight and found out that there was a SB Chat, I tried to get in... and couldn't get in... then came here and saw this post started and it just flew all over me that no one had mentioned it.

Let me explain: I do not go to any other fan sites really... unless someone really tells all about it. I am a Trekker, but I don't go looking for Star Trek info.... I'm into QL and I'm based in it. I can't help it.

If by chance I went to more places other than to just Al's Place (which I find very informative) then maybe I might have known that there was a chat. But I didn't... and I have to work... and I have to get paid for my kids, etc.

Obviously my frustration was put on the messageboard and it upset other people. I apologize for that and if this doesn't fix the problem... then again, I'm sorry. It's all that I can do.

I recant my previous posts... and I'm sorry.

MJ

Re: Recanting / Recanting / Recanting

You weren't on you own MJ, I couldn't get in either. I wish I'd have known about it sooner too and had time to think up a question. (Darn computer for acting up.) I have loads of questions but when it comes down to it, I blank out on the poor guy. :luvya

Gawd knows what I'd do if I EVER met him in person :crazy

Oh well, maybe next time -- Please anyone, PLEASE keep us updated with anything Scott!!

Just read the transcript, it was wonderful.

:bat

Having reviewed the transcript, The Rod can say a couple of things.

1. It wouldnt have mattered had He been there. The questions He would like to have asked would NOT have been printed:

Q1. Scott, The Rod is an admirer of yours, and respects your opinion as a professional. That said, what is your favorite kind of RodKini?

Q2. Scott, Have you visited Al's Place yet?

Q3. Scott have you ever read RodVision? Isnt The Rod The Greatest?

Q4. Referring back to His 1st question, what is your favorite color of RodKini?

:mooner

The other thing that The Rod surmises from this chat, is that Scott will not be doing any QL related stuff anytime soon.

When one of the chatters asked about future projects, he mentioned musicals. He also mentioned films, granted, but a project such as QL would surely have been plugged here??

The Rod knows all about not plugging rival projects on dedicated forums, so isnt too troubled by the chat.

Just His 4 cents....

Rod, it ain't you!

From what I've heard, with his contract with "Enterprise", there was such a negative Star Trek reaction cause he was with Quantum for so long, that if he uttered "Oh Boy" one time, they'd lose it.

Frankly, I was suprised that they allowed Dean on the show!

Until the whole Enterprise thingy dies down, my guess is you'll never hear Scott B. say one thing about FUTURE Quantum Leap related projects... and when he mentions QL in the past tense, he answers it quickly and moves on.

Part of this is the worry of sterotyping actors. If the DWELL on the past too long, they won't get future chances. Seems all Hollywood and the entertainment industry really cares about is the here and now.

I think MJ's gripe is a good one. I'm not a visitor to other quantum sites, nor startrek ones either! Al's Place is really my ONLY site I go to with any freakin' chance of hearing about a chat or intown visit from someone that I would care to go see or visit!

Matt

Re: Rod, it ain't you!

Matt wrote:
I think MJ's gripe is a good one. I'm not a visitor to other quantum sites, nor startrek ones either! Al's Place is really my ONLY site I go to with any freakin' chance of hearing about a chat or intown visit from someone that I would care to go see or visit!

Thanks Matt... but I didn't phrase my "gripe" really well. I was in an irritated, stressed out, and totally out of line when I placed that post. I shouldn't have posted in that stressed out way. It wasn't nice (especially when new members of this site may come and possibly think that I'm a troll or something) and I should have worded it better.

However, I do wish to continue to ask very nicely from hence on that if you guys know of a chat with either of our beloved characters, I'd like to know prior to the day of. That's all.

MJ

Re: Well said, MJ!

It's funny... I posted something very similar to this in the TEA thread that Steve (RossBeckett) started. I came to the realization that the way I worded my concerns COULD have been misconstrued by some people as an act of aggression or just plain "flaming." :b I was in a bad mood when I posted it and I recanted it by apologizing. (I'd hate to think that no one trusts me by now... I HAVE been a regular poster for almost a year now after all. ;) )

Anyway, it's good to know that even if someone acts stupid in a moment of weakness, that our good friend Brian is always willing to give people second chances here, isn't it? :)

Until Next Time!

I'm just a tad confused...When you say Scott won't talk about QL...Is it because of a.) Star Trek/producers b.)Star Trek fans c.)He doesn't like QL anymore d.) I missed something....I just wasn't sure what the reason was for Scott not talkin' about QL...

Thanks for the faith, D-Man lol. Everyone gets stressed out and upset once in awhile... wouldn't be normal not to. When this board opened, I promised that it would be troll free - not stress free, LOL.

While we may on occasion disagree on certain issues, I count you all as friends and wouldn't dream of having it any other way.

I created this little place because I was so tired of reading the filth and bickering at the other board. I'm glad you guys like it and enjoy coming around daily, weekly, or whatever your schedule might be.

We all make mistakes, hopefully we learn from them, and it makes us better people.

I wish I had made that chat too... I'm sure we will not miss the next one!

Conveying from my husband.....

Matt and I were talking about the Scott Chat the other day ... he said and I quote:

"The reason why Scott Bakula doesn't talk about Quantum Leap is because the show is over and he has moved on with his life and you haven't." He also says, "Quantum Leap was a job... it wasn't a lifestyle. His job now is Star Trek: Enterprise. I'm sure that he still talks with friends that he made filming Quantum Leap, but I doubt that he continues on thinking about a past job. He's moved on... and you (meaning people who are reliving it) have not."

Whether I agree with my husband or not... he does have a point.

MJ

Re: Conveying from my husband.....

:bat

You know, The Rod had that exact same discussion with someone the other day.

He was emailed (by sexyscottfan1977, RodVision reader and perhaps Rodkini model??) asking about His opinions on various topics, one being why Scott comes on talk shows and rarely mentions QL, while not quite what Mr MJ said, The Rod basically suggested the same.

Quantum Leap was just a job to Bakula and Stockwell, no more than that. It IS more than that to some Quantum Leap fans and IS too much to expect the dude to think "Quantum Leap" when he is the First Starfleet Captain of note presently.

You know, The Rod will stop here. He has just gotten a RodVision out of this. Perhaps a controversial one (Oh yeah baby, those are the best ones!).

Agree or not, its up to you, and The Rod cares not either way. Thats the Beauty of this board. No Jamokie will send abusive emails to The Rod because He thinks differently.

Hey Yo Brian, THATS why THIS is The Home of The Rod.

Thanks Rod And Damsel...That's what I figured...I just thought I read that Star Trek "people" would freak if Scott mentioned QL so I was lookin' for some verification...On the other hand, I understand why he would move on, I just hope he doesn't hate "Leapees" who like the show...

Slash (welcome to the bboard, by the way! It's my first time talkin' with you!), I DID say that.

On StarTrek.com, I read a huge amount of HORRIBLE posts that people were first complaining about the decision to make Mr. Bakula the new captain. This was even before the pilot episode was even released! There was all this talk about how "Quantum Leap sucked" and "If he says 'Oh Boy!' one time, I'm outta there and never coming back" and all kinds of junk that was pretty similar!!!

It scared the HELL out of the brass, and I have heard RUMORS that he's under a "restraint" request not to discuss QL. It may be the 'job' angle that MJ & Matt and Rod and Rodkini-model wannabe were talking. This is true of ANY actor. If they don't grow and evolve, and embrace the next angles, they'll forever be locked into a certain thing.

This is what William Shatner bitched about on Saturday Night Live so long ago about the fans "getting a life", because we ARE the true definition of "fan" which is "FANATIC"!!

All you have to do is look at the old stars of Star Trek (The Original Series) and realize that after Star Trek, they really didn't do SQUAT! Even Walter Koeneg (sp?), who embraced Babylon 5 as the role of the Psicop... people still said, "oh, there's Chekov!"!! LOL!

Matt