New Member: David Brider

David Brider

Project QL Intern
Hi there folks! Newbie here.

My name's David, I'm from the UK, and I used to be a really serious QL fan back in the early '90s (used to contribute quite a lot to a 'zine called Quantum Quest - anyone here remember that?). With the recent release of the show on DVD, I've been enjoying watching some of the episodes - just in the past week or so I've seen A Little Miracle (must show that to my girlfriend - she's in the Salvation Army), A Portrait for Troian, Another Mother, and The *********, amongst others. I thought I'd see what QL online fandom was like. All seems fun here.

So - how is everyone?

David.

Welcome

Hey there David,
Welcome from another Brit (I live in Bedford).

Yes, I remember Quantum Quest very well, I was a contributor myself. Also, the editing was taken over by good friend Emma, who has had the thrill of interviewing Scott a few times.

Hope you'll love it here as much as I do, it is the best QL site in the world.

Pull up a chair, have a rodbeer, and let us know your thoughts on the best series in the world.

I notice you list writing as a hobby - can I conscript you for the Virtual Seasons? (Beat you to it MJ and co!)

Welcome to the board David! This is the coolest site, and the craziest one to boot. You'll learn that fast. Sit back and have some fun!

Schooners all around! :cheers

Samantha Beckett

David Brider said:
used to contribute quite a lot to a 'zine called Quantum Quest - anyone here remember that?

We have a great section on the website showing all sorts of QL zines, but we don't have any Quantum Quest. If you have some covers and info you can send, I'll get them into our Fanzine section!

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/fanzines/

Blast from the past

alsplacebartender said:
We have a great section on the website showing all sorts of QL zines, but we don't have any Quantum Quest. If you have some covers and info you can send, I'll get them into our Fanzine section!

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/fanzines/

I'm sure I have all my old copies stashed away safely somewhere.
I'll try to dig em out and see if I can scan in some covers etc.

elliemae said:
Welcome David! You'll have a good time here! What are some of your fav eps?

Well...most of them I've not see in over a decade, but ones I remember liking more than the others would include Catch a Falling Star (another one I re-watched recently); Star-Crossed; The Leap Back; The Curse of Ptah-Hotep (I first saw that one in a darkened hall at a UK QL convention, and it scared me rigid!!!); Good Morning Peoria; and the ones I mentioned in my earlier post (oh, erm, sorry for not "bleeping out" the, um, unmentionable one...thanks to whoever did that...). To be honest, I only remember there being a couple that I didn't like (The Beast Within and A Single Drop of Rain), although on the whole I was less enamoured of the fifth season than the previous four. (I admit it - I cried when I watched Mirror Image).

I'm looking forward to watching the whole series again, and this seems like a great community to share thoughts and opinions and just generally natter.

David.

Last edited:
leaper1 said:
Hey there David,
Welcome from another Brit (I live in Bedford).

Yes, I remember Quantum Quest very well, I was a contributor myself. Also, the editing was taken over by good friend Emma, who has had the thrill of interviewing Scott a few times.

Jammy of her! I take it Quantum Quest is no longer a going concern? ISTR I didn't re-subscribe after issue 12 - I was going off to university and that was a more pressing concern - so I didn't have any issues after Hilary stopped editing it. Although I know my mum got a few issues, and some of the Scott-zine (Basically Bakula???). I kind of miss QQ, although I suppose these online discussion forums serve the same purpose and are rather quicker...

Hope you'll love it here as much as I do, it is the best QL site in the world.

Mm - I'm going to have hours of fun going through all the fanfic!

Pull up a chair, have a rodbeer, and let us know your thoughts on the best series in the world.

Well, gotta admit, I'd rate it in the top three, but not best. Nevertheless - it was a brilliant programme, and Scott and Dean were marvellous. I wonder if they can ever be tempted over to the UK for a convention? I've never met either of them.

I notice you list writing as a hobby - can I conscript you for the Virtual Seasons? (Beat you to it MJ and co!)

Fanfic's not really my fort? (indeed, finishing stuff is something I have terrible difficulties with) - I tend to stick to either original fiction or theological ramblings. But once I've had a read through the Virtual Seasons, I'll see if maybe I can be tempted!

David.

Isn't a "schooner" just the type of glass? Considering I'm underage and my family doesnt drink, (hehe) I don't know for sure. If it is, then we could put ur lemonade in one, lol.

Samantha Beckett

I can personally vouch that beer tastes like feet.

(In sixth grade in a Jupiter Jump a little boy's foot went in my mouth when we both fell down a split second apart. I could NOT get that nastiness out of my mouth. When I tasted beer....same taste!)

McDuck said:
I can personally vouch that beer tastes like feet.

LMAO!:roflmao:I've had a sips of 2 different kinds of wine. Blush is okay, but red made me sick. I think if i collect all the sips together i've had a glass of wine in my life. :cheers

Samantha Beckett

Hi David! Welcome to the board!!! I would love to see some of those Quantum Quest fanzines that you have.. :) I'll raise a glass of diet caffeine free pepsi to you :cheers

Oooh..I don't like red wine either...white wine is ok though...I def don't drink beer...my dad used to drink it and he would let me taste it..he would always sprinkle salt in it for some reason...ewwww

Hehe, my best friend and I are planning on her 21st birthday (she turns 21 after me) to go clubbing and bar hopping. We were going to go to New Orleans, but I don't know about that now unfortunately.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Hehe, my best friend and I are planning on her 21st birthday (she turns 21 after me) to go clubbing and bar hopping. We were going to go to New Orleans, but I don't know about that now unfortunately.

Samantha Beckett

how would you get in anyway, you are the same age as me, underage?

Welcome...glad to have you. If you need to know just ask away and these nice people will help you, they have me. enjoy!

Last edited: