"Bold Leap" Confirmed! DVD suggestions to Pratt!

tina_als_girl

PQL Security Staff
Jul 11, 2002
Missouri, USA
rjoyhelvie.carrd.co
"Bold Leap" Confirmed! DVD suggestions to Pratt!

Head on over to the Project Quantum Leap website, and you'll find an exclusive interview with Deborah Pratt. She talks about a new novel she's writing, what "goodies" might be included on the first season QL DVDs, and confirms the entry for "A Bold Leap Forward" on IMDB!

www.projectquantumleap.com/pratt.htm

Here's a summary:

Deborah Pratt has been asked by Universal to do the narration for the QL DVD commercials. She in turn is asking Leapers what suggestions they have for extras on the first season QL DVDs. There's a link on the front page of PQL to e-mail your suggestions to the site, which will forward them on to Deborah.

Deborah said she believes that the "anonymous" user who set up the "Bold Leap Forward" page on IMDB was Trey Callaway himself. She said that he is indeed the one doing the TV series.

All that and more in this new exclusive interview!

Joy

Re: "Bold Leap" Confirmed! DVD suggestions to Prat

Excellent find Joy.

That's great news the Bold Leap has been confirmed and Ziggy's voice will be the same. Also, interesting to know that Scott has been approached to play Sam again.

Thanks Joy. If you're ever in Ireland. I'll be your tour guide!

Leap On!

<a href="http://www,quantumleaping.com" target="_new">www,quantumleaping.com</a>
webmaster@quantumleaping.com

A Conversation with Deborah Pratt

I just thanked Joy for posting this over on theSassies... but THANKS AGAIN, JOY! :D :D :D :bow

This is amazing news, and it's so good that Deborah Pratt still has some interest in Quantum Leap, even if it looks like she won't be directly involved with the new "theatrical".

Here is the interview, just in case their Web server happens to die or something. :lol You can never be too careful!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A Conversation with Deborah Pratt -- November 10, 2003

by Sharon Major

In a press release over a year ago, the Sci-Fi Channel expressed interest in developing a two-hour Quantum Leap telefilm, leading into a new QL series. Citing ?a new twist,? the announcement gave no assurance ?our guys? would even be involved, and it was apparent this was not the Quantum Leap movie we have been yearning for all these years.

Recently imdb.com posted a new entry?Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward (2004) (TV) with the following plot summary: ?Twenty years after the original series left Dr. Sam Beckett ?leaping? into the great unknown, Sam is finally reunited with Al, his old mentor and ?partner in time.? But when circumstances beyond their control send Sam away once more, Al must recruit his lost friend?s daughter to pick up where her father left off and hopefully help find Sam again in the process.? Trey Callaway is listed as writer and executive producer.

At the end of October, I telephoned Deborah Pratt and received this brief e-mail reply: ?I?m in the final chapters of ?The Vision Quest,? the novel I spoke to you about two years ago, and setting meetings with film producers for ?The Quantum Leap? theatrical. Universal called to tell me they are releasing the DVD?s for the first season and asked if I would have Ziggy do the intro. Let the troops know things are in the works.? Of course, everyone (including me) wanted to know the specifics, so on November 10, I made another call?

Sharon: Your brief e-mail left me with more questions than answers. Is ?The Vision Quest? novel going to be up on the website (as discussed in detail at 2001 Orlando Leap)?

Deborah: We talked about doing it a lot of different ways and right now we?re looking to publish it. I have a meeting in two weeks about exactly how it will come out. There will be two versions?one will be a graphic novel with great artwork, but that?s probably a year away. I?m hoping the (actual) novel will be out in the next six months.

Sharon: Do you want paperback or hardcover?

Deborah: That hasn?t been determined yet. I want it accessible. Writing novels is a brand new world for me, so I need to find out what the difference is between the two?what the cost is to the public. My feeling is that I want to release it to the Quantum Leapers a month before it goes out to anybody else?an exclusive release just to the Leapers.

Sharon: I?m eager to read anything that you write.

Deborah: Thank you. Matter of fact, the people who are interested in helping us put it together and put it out, just called me today. She went, ?Wow! I love this. What happens next?? <chuckling> I didn?t give her the whole thing until I knew she was on board.

Sharon: Yes, of course! You mentioned that you were asked to have Ziggy do the intro on the DVD. Do you mean redoing the Saga Cell?

Deborah: The saga cell, but also promos. ?Now on DVD?the first season of Quantum Leap.?

Sharon: Are there going to be any goodies?

Deborah: I know they called Scott. I can find out some of the skinny and let you know.

Sharon: I know for later seasons they had bloopers and ?behind-the-scenes? that were shown at the cons which could be included on the DVD?s. I want it all!

Deborah: Put a list together of what the fans think should be included and let me know.

Sharon: Great! I don?t want to jinx anything by asking about the QL movie, but I do want to ask about that anonymous posting at imdb.com for a QL TV movie.

Deborah: I thought that was very interesting. I believe that was by Trey Callaway. It?s my understanding that he is doing the TV series. I don?t know if they will even be using my concept of Sammy Jo for the TV series.

Sharon: As always, thank you so much for your time. Maybe you could give us a longer interview next spring when ?The Vision Quest? is ready to come out.

Deborah: Yes, that would be perfect. Don?t forget to e-mail me with those suggestions!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This is very exciting news. ^___^ I'll definitely be e-mailing my suggestions!

... Mike. ^________^

Interesting...

Ziggyego, Actually Deborah Pratt just says that she has been contacted to voice Ziggy for the DVDs, and Scott was as well to be involved with bonus features. But if they realized they need her to voice Ziggy for the DVDs, it is easy to imagine that they will see that they need her for the movie too.

If that imdb.com summary was really done by Trey Callaway and he is really writing this movie it is a good sign. It means that they are intending it to follow the series and to feature Scott and Dean, for the first tv movie at least.

I am a little confused by the the following line in her e-mail - "...and setting meetings with film producers for ?The Quantum Leap? theatrical." Is this something separate from the sci-fi tv-movie? Because she uses the words theatrical and film producers it almost sounds like a separate attempt to bring back QL from the sci-fi movie. Or does she just mean that she is meeting with the sci-fi tv movie producers?

Re: How do you edit posts...

Re: Avilos

Deborah has been contacted to do the voice of Ziggy in the promo for the new Quantum Leap DVDs yes, but also for the Saga Cell at the beginning of Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward. Scott Bakula has been contacted to play Sam in the telefilm, but as yet she doesn't know what his decision is. Knowing Scott's feelings for Quantum Leap, I can't see him refusing to revive the role. After all, it doesn't appear it is going to be a large role.

Leap On!

<a href="http://www.quantumleaping.com" target="_new">Quantum Leaping: Bring Dr. Sam Beckett Home</a>
Email Quantum Leaping

New Interview with Scott in Starlog...

I have not heard anything that Scott has been contacted either. In the current issue of Starlog, #317 there is an interview with Scott. It is mostly about Enterprise's new season but he is also asked about the movie and says-
"I haven't heard anything about it," Bakula says. "I've always said that I would be interested in doing Quantum Leap again in some form. Dean [Stockwell] and I are always talking about it, and people are always talking to us about it, but the rights and the whole thing...it's a messy deal. Of course, I would love to do it. It's so great to work with Dean. So, if they can work it out, that would be great. But as of now, no one has talked to me about it. The last I heard was that USA Network was trying to put together a series last year [with a female leaper]."
I typed the part on Quantum Leap word for word. I have not seen any mention of this interview online and was surprised. It has been out for a few weeks. It has a Matrix Relovutions cover, with a picture of Scott in the upper right hand corner.
It sounds like the interview was done early during the filming of Enterprise's 3rd season. Maybe in August or September. So alot could have changed since then.

Re: "Bold Leap" Confirmed! DVD suggestions to Prat

This just made my day. I really needed to hear something uplifting today! Thanks Joy! :)

wow

Man, it really sounds like Scott is into getting back in there. Can you all imagine? Seeing Scott as Sam one more time? Tuning in to see a BRAND NEW Quantum Leap?

Whoah, I'm dizzy....

In Peace,
Shane

Re: wow

:bat

Well done spotting that Joy!! The Rod says that perhaps everybody should start sending suggestions to PQL regarding ideas for bonus materials on the DVDs.

As far as the whole movie thing goes, if Deborah is meeting up with the Jamokies, then perhaps she will appear (ok, her voice anyway) as Ziggy. If she is in it, perhaps Scott and Dean will appear also.

Very encouraging news though Joy, well done!!!

Sounds absolutely wonderful...

SOOOO, how are we going to handle the "suggestions from the fans"??

I recommend we put together a list from all of us, and then email them over to the appropriate people.

Does anyone have Deb. Pratt's email addy?

Matt

Matt, we're supposed to submit our suggestions to beckettslady@aol.com with the subject What Goodies I Want to See on the DVD!. It might be better if we all submit individually, giving them the impression that there are a LOT of fans out there, but a big list would probably be easier on the person (Sharon?) receiving the e-mail.

... Mike. ^_^

and put our name to each individual suggestion(s) -- that way it won't be just one list, but several collected into 'one'

Whatcha all think?

Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

An additional thanks to Don Bellisario and Trey Calloway for executive producing the new movie and everyone else involved. Also, another thanks goes to Deborah Pratt for confirming the IMDB entry on Bold Leap Forward and telling us that the Season 1 collection will be coming out soon! Hopefully it will be eventually released to store shelves:hurray
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great meal!:)
I just emailed my suggestions to BeckettsLady(indirectly to Deb Pratt.) As of right after editing.

~Steve(aka RossBeckett)
rossbeckett2002@yahoo.com