Is a bold leap forward actualy going to happen??

quantum_loner

Project QL Intern
Mar 27, 2006
the lovelyUK
Hi guys. I've just been reading through all of the previous enterys, and it occured to me, is this actualy going to happen? Some one puts a thread up saying they heard from someone, who saw someone who heard from someone else that something might happen, but has any of the main parties, Ie: scot bacula, dean stockwell actually confirmed it is deffinatly going to happen? dont get me wrong, i want this to happen just as much as the next leaper, but all of these rumors that end up being false are just bad for moral. if someone has a deffinat 100% yay or nay, im sure not just mine, but alot of other peoples minds would be put at ease.

Peace guys!!!
Darryl

Hmmm...

quantum_loner said:
Hi guys. I've just been reading through all of the previous enterys, and it occured to me, is this actualy going to happen? Some one puts a thread up saying they heard from someone, who saw someone who heard from someone else that something might happen, but has any of the main parties, Ie: scot bacula, dean stockwell actually confirmed it is deffinatly going to happen? dont get me wrong, i want this to happen just as much as the next leaper, but all of these rumors that end up being false are just bad for moral. if someone has a deffinat 100% yay or nay, im sure not just mine, but alot of other peoples minds would be put at ease.

Peace guys!!!
Darryl

No one is completely sure what's happening at the moment, but if you go and check out the Quantum Leap page at www.imdb.com (The QL forum there is quite lively aswell) they have Quantum Leap announced as in production for 2006 with Dean Stockwell as a credited castmember, and Dean himself said at a convention that there was something in the works, so you should keep your hopes high! By the looks of it us Quantum Leap fans might hit lucky for once (Universal, i'm looking at you....:censored )

Hmmmmm indeed!

i've read a few posts on other sites and im quite intreged. apparently they were going to start production 2 years ago? i may be wrong in that?
we can only hope!!!

At this point it appears at best to be simmering (fizzling?).

Does putting your faith in a new Quantum Leap show into hands of the Sci-Fi Channel and Universal give anyone else the creeps? ;)

feldon30 said:
At this point it appears at best to be simmering (fizzling?).

Does putting your faith in a new Quantum Leap show into hands of the Sci-Fi Channel and Universal give anyone else the creeps? ;)

Yep....it does indeed.

Samantha Beckett

Well, I was raised in a Hollywood family, so I like to think that I know my way around these types of things... if you want my opinion, they're waiting to see how sucessful the DVDs are. They might wait until the last one releases.. or close to it.

And yet they've produced flawed DVDs that deliver LESS than what we can get off the Sci-Fi channel and a good DVD recorder.

quantum_loner said:
im guessing from the 'answers to todays chat' post its more than likely its not going to happen :disbelief
I wouldn't lose hope. I think it's just a question of timing and coordinating everyone's schedules. Like a few of us have said here and in other threads, a script was written and submitted, but has since been put on hold. That doesn't necessarily mean that there will never be a continuation of Quantum Leap. Both Scott and Dean have expressed numerous times a desire to reprise their roles, for a TV movie at the very least.

Look at the Superman movie series, for instance: Warner Bros. has gone through so many scripts, actors, directors, and legal complications since the early 1990s that it didn't seem like there would never be a new movie. I can remember reading about the possibility of Superman: The New Movie way back when I was in high school (1991 or 1992 or so), and then nothing for like 5 years. Then, Kevin Smith had supposedly written a script called Superman Lives!, based on the 1992/93 "Death and Return of Superman" storyline in the comics, but nothing ever came of that. Then, Tim Burton was announced as one of the top picks for director, with Nicholas Cage in the leading role (thank God that never came about), and so forth and so on. It's taken well over a decade for Warner Bros. to finally revive the Superman franchise with this summer's Superman Returns, and from the previews and articles I've read about it, it looks like it's going to be pretty good.

Same thing with the Indiana Jones movies: after hearing about it on and off for over a decade, it was recently announced that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford have finally received a script for Indy 4 that they both like, and along with George Lucas, will hopefully begin production sometime late this year or early next year for a possible summer 2007 release. (2007 might be wishful thinking on my part, though...2008 might be more realistic.)

So, my advice is to just be patient. Quantum Leap is one of those rare shows like Star Trek, Sliders, and Doctor Who, to name a few, that will always have a huge cult following and enough of a fanbase for the studios to keep the franchises alive. It may take a while longer, but even though I'm one of those people that hasn't gotten overly excited about A Bold Leap Forward and consciously won't until I start seeing some definitive evidence that it is indeed coming, I truly believe that the Quantum Leap saga will "officially" continue someday, somehow, and by someone...

Until then, I and many others will continue contenting ourselves with The Virtual Seasons! **shameless plug** :D

Damon