Attention, Aussies! Urgent!

Well much lower than 0 had advantages, no rain but snow, less humidy in the air...
It's actually nicer than 0 -ish. But personally I'm a heat person :)

Well, it does have its compensations. Like skiing. And in the summer we don't even need air conditioning where I live. I've been rather horrified by the stories of how hot it gets in Australia. I think I would die!

Actually, I'm lucky there aren't any Vermonters on this board, because they would tell me to shut up about Pennsylvania and then they would talk about real winter.

@ ris: Pack a warm coat in your luggage, and take it out at the baggage claim, before you go outside. Although you could get a nice day in New York in March, you never know. ("Nice" here being about 50 or 60F.)

Actually, I'm lucky there aren't any Vermonters on this board, because they would tell me to shut up about Pennsylvania and then they would talk about real winter.

I'm lucky that there aren't any Arizonians here, or they'd be telling me to shut up about the heat. :eek

By the way, figured that I needed some closure on this issue. Was the person that started those (the ones in Victoria) fires ever caught, or were they caused by some other incident?

By the way, figured that I needed some closure on this issue. Was the person that started those (the ones in Victoria) fires ever caught, or were they caused by some other incident?

There are a lot of factors involved in these fires, there is never just one fire, it's usually about 20 or something like that, a person has been caught for starting one or more and charges have been laid against him. Some of the fires are caused by the extreme temps, some by lighting, but the problem is that however they start, the conditions that they start it are a recipe for trouble, stong hot winds, extreme temps and no control burning. Control burning is where during the year when it's cooler, they burn large areas under controlled conditions so that if a fire starts it slows down in that area or that area acts as a fire break to enable firies to have a chance to contain the fire. Hope that explains a little.

Thank you, Bexter. Yes, I should know better that multiple fires are not caused by just one factor. Last year, the fires in Northern California were originally caused by dry lightning (lightning with no rain) and then some arsonists did some copycat crimes. But that does clarify what happened.