1032 Lifetime: Past's Prologue

Past's Prologue

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

Past's Prologue
March 17, 1984

New York City, New York ? Albuquerque and Star Bright Project, New Mexico

The memory of a long-lost friend comes back to haunt Sam as he comes face-to-face with his reflection in the mirror. With his return home just a leap away, Sam must travel to the place where Quantum Leap's origins had its conception?the Star Bright Project. Along the way, he's shocked when he encounters another familiar face he had never expected to see again?Alia, who has become a drifter, struggling to survive on the streets. What is her connection to the coming events that threaten to plague PQL? And does she truly wish for redemption? (2 of 3)

Written by: Damon C. Sugameli
(Selected dialogue written by: Sue Johnson)

Thanks,
TVS Team

(acclaimed)

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.75

WARNING!
Some reviews contain spoilers!
If you want to remain surprised, do not go further!

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
HOW CRUEL for Sam! Allowing him to return home, and making him leap out again to go GTF/Lothos/Devil/W knows where, after just a few moments in his present.
HOW CRUEL for Al! Having him far from the PQL Complex so he couldn't even be here for his friend's short return.
HOW CRUEL FOR US! Having to wait FOUR months now, to read the conclusion of this absolutely awesome story. This summer will be another long one...

Damon, you're a DEMON... But we LOVE it!

My last rating for this season will be a 10 - but can't we add another step to the rating scale, just this once? I'm gonna repeat myself again: I've read about every QL fanfic available, I always say that the overall quality of the VS stories is amazing... but this trilogy will surely remain as another unforgettable milestone.

I wish a nice, warm, friendly and safe summer to my fellow raters, to all fanfic authors, to forum visitors who'll read this message, and to MJ our VS Grand WebMistress. Hope to 'see' ya again in September!

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate LIFETIME: PAST'S PROLOGUE a 9 (This was a great story. Will definitely tell others about it.)

Can hardly wait until the next part at the start of next season. Have to wait until the end of September. Boo hoo!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
Away.... Awww!

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
No comment given.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Excellently done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Finally got to read part 2 today.
Sitting at work: thank heaven no kids around to see me blubbing, or hear me shout:
Damon, you bas**rd! You utter ba**ard!
Only kidding, I love ya really.
I won't even say "How could you?" for after some of the things I've done to our Sam, I know exactly how you could.

Awesome story dude.

And Oh boy is it gonna be a cruel cruel summer, to quote the song.

Kudos to you buddy, I throw flowers at your feet!

Whoa... whoa! Sam got home, and once again, Al's suspicions were right and he was whisked away all too quickly.

What next? Well, I'll go read part three... my gosh, Damon, you've written quite an impressive trilogy here so far. It's all fitting together so well... it's nice to see the cross-over with both "The Star Bright Project" and possibly "Into the Future".

Beyond that, I don't know what else to say. I'm thoroughly enjoying these episodes. :D Another 5 for the D-man!

... Mike. ^_^

Thanks, Mike! As you no doubt realize by now after reading the conclusion, there's a lot more going on at PQL than meets the eye! BWAH-HAH-HAH!!!

You know what's amazing... way back when Alia was still the evil leaper (before Thames was introduced), I had imagined a crazy 2-hour season finale where Sam and Alia would be chasing each other across the different eras of Sam's lifetime. One of those eras was the Star Bright Project, since it had never been explored in the TV show. The journey would've ended with Sam stepping through a red vortex (the one he was running away from in the 5th season promo) and finally returning home, only to reappear in the evil equivalent of the Waiting Room. Zo? would've stepped through the doorway and told him to look in the mirror and Sam would've seen Alia's face staring back at him. Meanwhile, in the background, you hear the Lee Harvey Oswald Suite... when Al was telling Sam that "the first time, Oswald killed Jackie too," and he leaped out. I thought that final orchestral piece sounded perfect for the cliffhanger, and I still think so!

At any rate, it's a weird coincidence that my idea for all 3 stories tied in with other people's concepts: Into the Future, The Starbright Project, and Quantum Retribution. I definitely have to say though, if not for Brian and Sue's Starbright stories, I really wouldn't have known what to write at all. So, they deserve praise for supplying some of the background and dialogue for the third chapter. Thanks, guys! :)

Woo-ooo-hoooo! I feel goooood(singing, like Thames). Very well done Damon!
Rating: 5

Steve
TenForwardBartender