Greatest TV premise Ever?

Avilos

Project QL Intern
Nov 22, 2008
Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I know am "preaching to the choir" here. We are all fans already!

I like different types of shows. But QL was fantastic!!! Every week you had a little something different. They could do any type of story they wanted. It was like an anthology. But you had two great characters to kept things familiar.

I was fairly young when the show started. I was 10 and half. I remember catching part of the Pilot episode the night it first aired by accident. My main memory is of Sam standing in the Accelerator Chamber. It was not until the "Quantum Leap Week" events that I truly was aware enough to seek out the show. NBC would rerun episodes for 5 days straight.

I remember that most other kids my ages did not get it. For a Sci-Fi show it was not about aliens or futuristic gadgets. At the risk of stroking my ego ;) my tastes were a little advanced for my age. I was always interested in 20th century history and pop culture. This show was very important in shaping my tastes for the rest of my life.

So whenever I rewatch it I just feel right, I feel good. Like few other things are capable of making me feel.

I agree. One thing that I like most about the show is that there isn't one genre that can be pinned on the series. For example, it could be science fiction, but that doesn't dictate what the episodes are about. It could be a drama, but there are many comedic moments and factors in the episode. But there are too many morals and values instilled to make it a standard comedy. That's what I like most about Quantum Leap, it's a little of everything.

The one thing that stands out for me in the show is the kindness of the characters.

Their always so helpful towards others.

That just does it for me!

Great stuff

:)

I agree! It never felt phony either.

As a fan of Superheroes, too often they are portrayed in movies and tv as the "Good guys" just because. Like its their job and nothing else. That doing good is a burden.

But you could tell that Sam and Al really cared about the people they were helping. That is really rare.