1111 A Leap Frog Christmas

A Leap Frog Christmas

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

A Leap Frog Christmas
December 14 ? 25, 1989

Parlboro, Michigan

It's 1989 and just eleven days until Christmas when Sam leaps into the life of seventeen-year-old Tessa Millikin. It seems a simple enough leap. He puts right what originally went wrong for Tessa, then leaps. But when he opens his eyes again, Sam discovers he's still with the Millikin family, this time as Rio, Tessa's brother. Again, he fixes a "wrong," this time in Rio's life then leaps into yet another Millikin family member?then another?and another?and another. With each successive leap into another Millikin family member, Sam begins to wonder exactly who it is, or what it is, or why GTFW wants him to stick around with this family as Christmas draws closer.

Written by: C. E. Krawiec

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 7.8

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
I did like this "half-story," however... I regret there is no possibility in the new auto-form to rate a 2 or 3-parter as a WHOLE, because I'm almost sure that the second part will be much better and will reply to the obvious question: why these multiple leaps and mini-missions?

In this 1st half I was a bit disappointed with the lack of comments from Al, except at the end, about this unusual situation. For Sam, not remembering his previous leaps might be normal and just part of the S-Ch effect (however, in a few other stories from previous VS, he does remember a bit!) But for Al it's NOT normal, I wonder why he never mentions anything to his friend. Besides, apart from supplying the usual basic data, Ziggy is pretty silent this week, as far as I remember she doesn't have a single line of dialogue during the whole story, she doesn't even try to supply any 'percentage of explanation' about why Sam seems stuck in this family...

I'm impatient to leap to next week so as to discover the outcome of this weird story!

RATING: 6

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
This was a great story. I like the way that Sam is leaping from person to person in the Millikin family. Can hardly wait for the next installment. Keep up the great work!

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
So far, this holiday-themed story is turning out to be an interesting one... somewhat unusual, but interesting nevertheless. It's sort of slightly reminiscent of "Lee Harvey Oswald" when Sam kept leaping before he had the chance to correct a mistake, except this time, it involves the entire Millikin family. I admit, it seemed a bit odd that Al did not seem to react to Sam leaping back into the same situation more than once. Perhaps this will be explained next week. Also, the "Leap Frog" title is very clever. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Part 2 unfolds.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xanadu said:
When I first started to read this, I wondered where it was going. Sam leaping into this family has got me wondering about something. I keep wondering if this story has a significance to it that I'm not aware of just yet. I mean, yes, he's helping people... as usual... but is there something that I'm missing here? Hmmmm..... Probably. We'll have to see what happens next week, won't we?

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat / Weitzman (a.k.a. Head Nozzle) said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
It is so hard to rate a story when you have read only half of it. There were many things I like about this story and so I give it a nice rating of 8. It has certainly piqued my interest in the second half. The thing I most marvel about this story is as convincingly Sam is portrayed as a woman. It works on every level. This is the strength of this story. I envy actually how well written the struggle to think like a woman and the struggle of being a woman that is displayed within Sam. I know I couldn't have written that aspect this well. This has been the hardest story to rate this year, because of the incomplete nature of it and the fact that you have done some different things with the characters. I will comment more on those when I see it all to fruition. It would be unfair to comment on them now when the future is still in the clouds. Otherwise, I thought it flowed well. I am eager to read the next part even if it is mixed with a bit of trepidation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
Originally posted by Damon Sugameli:

It?s entertaining so far, Eleiece. I found myself laughing out loud a couple of times. In your tag, it mentions that this story is in response to Stephanie's (TVNewsCam's) Al's Place writers' challenge two years ago. I think I know what holiday song you're inferring (one that's sort of repetitive in nature), but I'll wait until Part II to give my answer.

Damon

Originally posted by Mike Bloxam:

This is a great story, Eleiece! I really enjoy the idea of Sam making these multiple leaps into the Millikin family. I don't think that anybody has written an episode like that before.

The details you put in about some of the unimportant aspects are great: the whole description of the house and Christmas tree made me feel like I was really there.

... Mike