Questions for Guest stars - even if you can't attend convention!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Greetings Leapers![/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]At this time we would like to invite you all to come up with questions for each of our guest stars at the convention.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]What would you like to hear from them?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please have a look at our guest list and send us an email back with all of your questions. There is no limit to the amount of questions you can send in. committee@leapback2009.com
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If you are unable to attend, in this way you will be able to ask questions and your responses here will give us extra questions to ask in case it's needed.
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Have fun with this "homework" assignment! Here's the guest list: http://www.leapback2009.com/gueststars.htm[/FONT]

Thanks!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

Good idea.

A general question I am going to have is -

Was it hard to act opposite Scott when he leaped into a women? I just watched Miss Deep South again the other night. Seeing him in some of those outfits... the swimsuit LOL!!!!! :lol

Might have been hard to kept a straight face!

How come Sam never Leaps out of America? Sure, "within his own lifetime", but there is no mention of "within the States".

How come Sam never Leaps out of America? Sure, "within his own lifetime", but there is no mention of "within the States".

Well Sam did lept to Vietnam(The Leap Home - part 2),Russia(Lee Harvey Oswald) and the UK(Blood Moon,if i remember correctly),so...

I'd have general questions for starters, which could be asked to everybody ,really:

What kind of shows/genres/ actors (or appropriate crew member) are you influenced by?

for the actors:

What is your favorite warm up exercise?

which could become hillarious if they choose to demonstrate. Wish I could be there.

and

If you could have played any other character on the show, no gender or age restrictions, which one would it be?

I'd ask Dean how it would have felt like talking to himself?

I think it was "A leap for lisa" where Sam lept into al?

Young al was with the older al in the waiting chamber.

So how would Dean have prepared himself to act in a role with that sort of situation taking place?

Where he had to talk to himself?

Quite cool really!

I'd like to ask scott how he would've prepared for playing a woman in the show?

How would he have researched? If he did?

How interesting to play the opposite sex! Wow!

How would he have prepared playing someone with physical limits? For example, blind, legs amputated, etc....

:)

Did any particular episode or episodes (especially the more dramatic ones) touch or affect you on a personal level in a way you did not expect going into it?

Eleiece

- I'd like to know what Scott was working off in the final conversation with Al the Bartender in Mirror Image. That's if it's something he's fine sharing.
Was it mainly working out of the moment & the other actor, Sam's history or was there a emotional memory involved, or the truth of the show coming to an end?

- I'm also really curious what imagery he used, if he works that way, for the moment of actually Leaping the first time (the scene in the Accelerator from the opening title). It reminded me a lot of 'neutral mask' work.

- for Dean Scott and everyone really: Do you prefer any particular acting style? Why?

edit;
one for Dean
- At what point did he feel he was really in touch with Al, the character, was instantaneous or did he have to grow into it?

Thats an interesting and good question about the scene with Al the bartender :)

I was thinking just that but the scene where sam speaks with beth, and tells her al's alive.

What did scott use to act that scene out and make it believable?

Or just the fact the episode was the last one?

edit;
one for Dean
- At what point did he feel he was really in touch with Al, the character, was instantaneous or did he have to grow into it?

I been thinking of asking the similar question of Scott about Sam.

Was it hard to get a grasp on Sam's personality in the beginning? Sam is a "fish out of water". Interacting with people he does not know, other than Al. With very few memories of his own. Was it hard to find the real Sam versus the characteristics of the people Sam became?

The question that if I was not nervous I would ask Scott and Dean what is the most memorable experience about working together. and also what did you learn from each other.
I also would ask any of the guests what was their favorite thing about being on the show.
I would ask Jay what is the most rewarding experience about being a publicist and what advice would you give any person wanting to go into acting today?

Good idea.

A general question I am going to have is -

Was it hard to act opposite Scott when he leaped into a women? I just watched Miss Deep South again the other night. Seeing him in some of those outfits... the swimsuit LOL!!!!! :lol

Might have been hard to kept a straight face!

That was something my mother and I had many debates about!! That it was a high tribute to the actors playing opposite Scott that they could be so serious while he brandished a handbag and heels.

My question would be - what are your guys chances for having an appearance in Australia?

Costuming questions: Did the costume people go to a plus-size ladies' store to get dresses for Scott, or did they make them all? (I'm assuming they made the swimsuit for Miss Deep South, because Scott does not have feminine hips, thus would not properly fit in a one-piece. And I'm not saying Scott is plus-sized. He's just larger than the average woman.) Where did they find ladies' shoes his size? (I have enough trouble trying to find 11s for me.) Did the costume people make Dean's Admiral uniform, or did they buy one and the insignia from a PX, and alter it a bit (to add intentional errors, because Dean is not really an Admiral)?

If any of our questions get asked, do the answers get put on the forum?
There are quite a few interesting ones in this thread :)