Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
spender
PQL Visitor

Default good news for season 5 music?

just picked up season 5, i skimmed through a few of the episodes, and amazinly mirror image had georgia on my mind put pack in place were it belonged at the end. not sure about all of the episodes but at least that one seems correct
Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
ian2k6
Imaging Chamber Technician

great news, ill still wait for the region 2, don't like double sided discs.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
trekkeriii
PQL Visitor

The Main Title sequence is still messed up though just like in the Bonus Ep. in Season 4 pack.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

The back of the box doesn't have the usual disclaimer about the music exchange, either. I've only watched through "Killin' Time," but in the episodes I've seen, they've all played ACTUAL MUSIC in the background rather than that stock stuff they used in the first four seasons. Looks like Universal finally got the message.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

That's fantastic news! Universal let me down by not having the sets here today as promised, so I'm still waiting to do the DVD drawing and get the images on the site. Sorry!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Unfortunately, I can't remember season five well enough to be sure if something has been replaced or not. But there definately seems to be more music from the era in the background of the episodes, and the return of "Georgia" is definately heartening!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Yay for the return of Georgia!!!! I may have to go get this now!!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
thezissou
PQL Visitor

I just picked season 5 up. It seems to have all original music intact and yes, the intro music for this season is awful (is this QL or Macgyver?). It is great to finally have an unaltered season again, though. I just wonder what made Universal finally decide to keep the original music. Did they buy the rights or did they reach an agreement with the record companies? Any thoughts?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
S-10
PQL Visitor

So it's only Season 4 that can't be had anywhere with all the original music, correct?

Great I can actually buy the US release of 5, at least. :-D
Old 11-15-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
Enterprise
Assistant to Gooshie

Great News!

I was feeling very reluctant to buy this, but now that it won't have music replacement - well I might as well be handing the cash to Universal now, i'm that sold. I'll still get it on R2 though - if possible, because I too, hate Double Sided Discs with a Vengeance!!

Yeah, the intro is pretty much awful but it's the episodes that matter. Killin' Time, Trilogy and Mirror Image aresome of my favourite eps. so it's worth it for me.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
Aphelion
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise
Yeah, the intro is pretty much awful but it's the episodes that matter. Killin' Time, Trilogy and Mirror Image aresome of my favourite eps. so it's worth it for me.
Yes, but this is the originally broadcast intro music, so that's GOOD. One thing I've noticed that miffs me, however (aside from Trilogy Part II and Evil Leaper II being split) is that the original broadcasts used the Leap-out from "A Single Drop of Rain" as the final shot of the saga cell in the first handful of episodes before it reverted back to Sam waving from "So Help Me God". The DVDs just use the blanket "So Help Me God" version. Grrrr.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
QL Nut
Project Observer

That's great news just to have "Georgia On My Mind" on there in & of itself. Let's keep in mind that Season 5 really didn't utilize that much music (compared to other seasons), so it might not have been too much for Universal to spend money on the songs. Like the rest of you, I'm very surprised that Universal shelled out the cash for that song.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #13
feldon30
Forum Technician

Never mind that Universal had no trouble getting the rights to half of Ray Charles body of work for the movie "Ray".