season 5 opening title music

julieannboo

Project QL Intern
Jul 2, 2009
can't find a thread discussing if people liked the 'new' faster music for the credits in QL season 5.

i don't it. Sounds too rushed and like they are trying to make it more 'modern'.

anyone else opinions?

Last edited:
In the german version the title music is the same in all five seasons. So I can't say if I would like the faster one. I don't know if I have ever heard it.

can't find a thread discussing if people liked the 'new' faster music for the credits in QL season 5.

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998

That is a link to a thread I started October of last year that discussed the music between seasons 1-4 and season 5. It's probably best just to start a new topic about it, but there is still a running poll, if you would like to vote on it. Plus, it might be interesting to see what other people had to say about it.

I would say that I liked season 5 better, though I seem to be the only one. I think the increased tempo seems to add more action and more excitement to the opening credits.

I remember when the theme played at the beginning of Lee Harvey Oswald. I thought I would be shocked but it set up the show better. The previous (awesome) theme was perfect for showing the dramatic side whereas the new theme made me feel the show was more action oriented. I always viewed QL as "Man's Greatest Adventure" so the new theme fit for me.

Familiarity

I (blush) never watched the show as aired, got hooked later and caught re-runs when I could. I didn't know anything about the various seasons, and the theme used was always the same. It wasn't until I bought the DVD and heard the 'new' theme that I knew any different. For awhile I actually thought it had something to do with the DVD! So the S5 theme never sounds right to me.

i don't it. Sounds too rushed and like they are trying to make it more 'modern'.

anyone else opinions?

didnt like it myself
like you i found it too rushed and the rock part didnt seem to fit either
i guess if they hadn't changed it, the show wouldve been alive for more seasons