Possible QL movie by Deborah Pratt - she needs YOUR opinion!

We are all capable of reading your posts isz and if we don't agree with you or give other suggestions you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Ooo, yes! Madchen Amick is an AWESOME, AWESOME actress. She was great in the sadly short-lived New Fantasy Island, and she was also in "Italian Ties" (ie Face to Face) with Dean Stockwell.

Can't believe I didn't think of her! Good suggestion, isz.

Joy

isz said:
I found another actress,who might feet...

Madchen Amick.and she's 36(Will turn 37 on December):
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000749/
Ehh, She's very pretty and she definietly fits the role better than Jennifer Garner in my opinion.

naggindraggin said:
We are all capable of reading your posts isz and if we don't agree with you or give other suggestions you don't have to keep repeating yourself.
Just to quickly add one more comment to this, I can at name at least three times where you suggested Amy Akner, twice here and once in another thread, so we get it. So as you did in the comment I quoted above, contiune to suggest other people. We'd like to hear other ideas from you.

Now I know I shouldn't talk because I have yet to make my own suggestion as all I have been doing is critiquing others but don't judge, I have actually been giving it some thought for quite some time so I plan to make a suggestion of my own sometime.

Last edited:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
Just to quickly add one more comment to this, I can at name at least three times where you suggested Amy Akner, twice here and once in another thread, so we get it. So as you did in the comment I quoted above, contiune to suggest other people. We'd like to hear other ideas from you.

And you both can be sure i will keep on mentioning her,as long as, this project is still only a possibility .What can i say - When i think of Sammy Jo, Amy is the image i see in my mind - to me she seems perfect, exactly like it happend with Scott Bakula,when he got the part of Sam Beckett. DPB tested him and knew he found his Sam.
But i promise you as long as this thread is still "Active",if i'll think of more nominees i'll write them down.

And I see Amy Jo Johnson in the role. Do I keep mentioning her or putting down the other suggestions? I'm sure the appropriate people will read this thread and make their own decision. Shoving your favourites down their (and our) throats isn't going to do any good if they don't want them... it may even have a reversal of fortune if you annoy them enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions and we encourage you to make more suggestions, but please stop repeating yourself. It's really annoying, and, if I'm not mistaken, is considered to be spam.

naggindragon said:
And I see Amy Jo Johnson in the role. Do I keep mentioning her or putting down the other suggestions? I'm sure the appropriate people will read this thread and make their own decision. Shoving your favourites down their (and our) throats isn't going to do any good if they don't want them... it may even have a reversal of fortune if you annoy them enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions and we encourage you to make more suggestions, but please stop repeating yourself. It's really annoying, and, if I'm not mistaken, is considered to be spam.

Ok Can I just politely request that u guys agree to differ here.
It's starting to read like isz is getting flamed, and we don't do that here.

leaper1 said:
Ok Can I just politely request that u guys agree to differ here.
It's starting to read like isz is getting flamed, and we don't do that here.
Yeah Naggindraggin I think you are being a tad bit rough and trust me after my incident previous to joining here I know rough when I see it. I just politely made ONE soft comment asking them to move on and that was all that was needed in the first place. Helen is right, the reason I finally decided to join here is because I lurked for a while before and realized that people are extremely friendly here, and I was delighted to not see a flame in sight. If either of you still have something to say to each other might I suggest taking it to PM so it doesn't have to be the whole board's problem. Just be a little gentler naggindraggin just because I know what its like to be on their end of situations simular to this.

Sorry that was the absolute last thing I have to say on this subject. I no longer wish involvment in this; so from here on please leave me out of this. I don't like being in the middle of a disagreement especially when it has nothing to do with me. I just wanted to get naggindraggins point to isz in a gentle way to spare them the feeling I had in the incident I came to this board from. I will only be back here to discuss the correct subject of this board which is the Sammy Jo casting.

Last edited:
I agree to disagree.
Anyway,back to the subject.
I have 3 more nominees...

I'll start with the more familier actress - Amanda Peet she's 35(will turn 36 on January):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001605/

I'll continue with someone that all of QL fans will recognize... Holly Field,an actress you might remember from... QL episodes - "Camikazi Kid",where she played Jill,the problem is...I have no idea how old is she,and i can't find this detail nowhere on the internet,but i believe she's on her 30's:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0276253/

And Last but not least...Heather Stephens IMDB doesn't has a lot of info about her,but...Well i found her after a few weeks ago i saw her on a very stupid movie called "Tomcats".she did a very little part at the movie,but i found this part the best part of the all movie - she played a young librerian with a very clean,dorky and innocent look(and very smart),that were seduced by the main character,who found out very shortly she maybe looked innocent but she had a dark side... She had a leather-fetish and was a S&M queen:hair(Or however you called it in the US.:)) and man she looked gorgeous with those leather clothes.:dreaming If she could pull this off, maybe she can pull the Sammy-Jo role. ;)
anyway i don't know how old is she,but it seems she's on her 30's from what i read on her board on IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005463/

Last edited:
isz said:
I'll continue with someone that all of QL fans will recognize... Holly Field,an actress you might remember from... QL episodes - "Camikazi Kid",where she played Jill,the problem is...I have no idea how old is she,and i can't find this detail nowhere on the internet,but i believe she's on her 30's:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0276253/
That's Jill! :hair
Dang, she looks totally different now! I would love to see her play the part, she looks it. Huh and how strange it doesn't seem to say when her b-day is. ANd IMBD usually says the people's B-day, Scott's does. Weird. I think she looks close enough though.

Those other two ladies look great for the role as well.

tina_als_girl said:
If the info I caught in the bio was calculated correctly, I'd say Holly Fields is around 31.

Joy

At first i thought,that.too,but it didn't make any sense,because if it was true,it means she was 13,when she did the role of Jill on QL's "Camikazi Kid",and she defentley didn't look 13,in the episode. She looks to me,at least, 15(even with her Tomboy look). 18,at the most. that why i figure out her age would probably be between 33 to 35. Too bad i can't find,nowhere, on the web her birth year. :banghead

No she would have been no more than 13 or 14 at the time of appearance on QL. From the bio on her:

At age 13, Holly went to Los Angeles for one month to see what would happen. A week after the move, she was cast in the CBS pilot "Fort Figueroa" starring opposite Charles Haid.

From her filmography:

It is possible for people to look older or younger than they are and it's not unheard of for actors and actresses to play roles that are older or younger than they are. Heck, Scott did it in QL. Although Sam's birthyear is '53 and Scott's is '54, QL's present was set about 5 years from our present which would make Scott playing a character 6 years older than he was.

jmoniz said:
No she would have been no more than 13 or 14 at the time of appearance on QL. From the bio on her:

From her filmography:

It is possible for people to look older or younger than they are and it's not unheard of for actors and actresses to play roles that are older or younger than they are. Heck, Scott did it in QL. Although Sam's birthyear is '53 and Scott's is '54, QL's present was set about 5 years from our present which would make Scott playing a character 6 years older than he was.
I agree with Julia, she doesn't have to look thirteen to be it and that was my guess as well for her age at the time of QL appearence. Just look at me, I am 20 but if you ever saw me in person and didn't know me you would think I was 15/16. Trust me, you would people all my life have thought I am younger than I am. And like Julia said actors and actresses play charactors a few years shy of their real age all the time. Scott himself is younger than Sam. And Dean is about the same years short of Al because he is two years older than Al plus the added years to get us to QL's present time.

Well i read a lot of post on Holly Fields' IMDB board,and...it seems she defentley born before 1976,according to some messeges i found ther.even the year 1967 came up...but after i read those post i'm convinced she's at her mid 30's late 30's.but defently not her 40's.

P.S.
Actors and Actresses also lies about thier ages,and most of the time,if they lie about it they will give a younger age...
Anyway,i think you'll agree with me,that right now,and according to the age limit we're speaking of, it doesn't matter if she's 31 or at her late 30's,she seems like a good nominee(at least for me).Let,just, hope this project will happend,soon.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I think she's too old for playing Sammy-Jo,but...Maybe if we'll have a Beth or a Donna in this project she might feet.:)

Yeah, Sigourney turns 58 a week from today... Definitely too old for Sammy Jo.

I say go for Teri Hatcher if they have Donna in the movie; she's pretty much A-list nowadays 'cause of Desperate Housewives, and I always liked her best as Donna anyhow.

I think Jennifer Garner is definitely the best idea of A-listers that has been suggested thus far, since she has plenty of both movie and TV work and a name that will sell without overshadowing the project.

Joy

isz said:
Hmmm...I think she's too old for playing Sammy-Jo,but...Maybe if we'll have a Beth or a Donna in this project she might feet.:)
Interesting propisition but I don't think she's right for Donna or Beth. I think Susan Doil the original Beth and Terri Hatcher the original Donna are the best. And although from my observation this opinion does not seem to be shared by anyone, I think Mimi Kuzyk was a great Donna as well.

And yes I am aware of how old Weaver is, but I believe I stated that she doesn't much look it, and remember what Julia said actresses play parts a little shy of their age all the time. Unless the production had a limit and that's what you both meant.

Tina_Als_Girl said:
I think Jennifer Garner is definitely the best idea of A-listers that has been suggested thus far, since she has plenty of both movie and TV work and a name that will sell without overshadowing the project.
She has the acting type for it, but her look is just not Sammy Jo. Not in my opinion although I enjoy her very much.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
She has the acting type for it, but her look is just not Sammy Jo. Not in my opinion although I enjoy her very much.

You won't believe i'm saying that,but...i agree with you,the only problem with Jennifer Garner,in my opinion, is her look.Her face,just,doesn't say - a Genius.
I believe we'll all agree ,that Sammy-Jo suppose to be a Genius and ,in my opinion,she should have the hmm..."right look" of a genius.

LOL... I suppose I'd have to agree with you on that, too. I think it's because she has one of those "baby faces", where she doesn't look as old as she actually is.

I rather liked the actress Cara Pifko that I suggested in my first post on this thread. She's a pretty good actress, she's not one of those big names that would overshadow everything else, she's mostly done TV work (which helps if they decide to spin off the QL movie), and she has a nice face that looks very intelligent. (Her HEADSHOT)

I do still like the idea of Madchen Amick and definitely Melora Hardin as candidates.

Joy

I was thinking - I saw "Somewhere in Time" last night and it got me thinking that Jodie Foster could make a good Donna or Beth...

Brian, I'm wondering if any additional information about the film is available. Is Deborah hoping to use Dean and Scott as Al and Sam? And we don't know what supporting characters like Beth or Donna might be needed. I mean, it would be nice to know how much this film is going to follow from the QL series, and how much it will be a new creation.

isz said:
You won't believe i'm saying that,but...i agree with you,the only problem with Jennifer Garner,in my opinion, is her look.Her face,just,doesn't say - a Genius.
I believe we'll all agree ,that Sammy-Jo suppose to be a Genius and ,in my opinion,she should have the hmm..."right look" of a genius.
Yeah she is supposed to be a genious that's even canon-confirmed in the show, she inherited Sam's mind and it shows her having his photographic memory when she talks about remebering her favorite book RiggyDune(Sp?). I believe Al also stated what her IQ was when He and Sam first meet her.

Tina_Als_girl said:
LOL... I suppose I'd have to agree with you on that, too. I think it's because she has one of those "baby faces", where she doesn't look as old as she actually is.

Yeah agreed, she's like me she has a child like face and figure which I don't think is a Sammy Jo charactoristic.

naggindraggin said:
I was thinking - I saw "Somewhere in Time" last night and it got me thinking that Jodie Foster could make a good Donna or Beth...
I love Jodie Foster, she was great in Silence of the Lambs and I was disappionted when they replaced her in the sequal Hannibel. I also loved her in Flight Plan. I could see her as Beth if the original Actress can't return. Because Susan Doil just captures Beth so perfectly.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
...she inherited Sam's mind and it shows her having his photographic memory when she talks about remebering her favorite book RiggyDune(Sp?).

That's Brigadoon. It's a play. From wikipedia:

Brigadoon is a musical with a book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe. It tells the story of a mysterious Scottish village that appears for only one day every hundred years, though to the villagers, the passing of each century seems no longer than one night. The enchantment is viewed by them as a blessing rather than a curse, for it saved the village from destruction. According to their covenant with God, no one from Brigadoon may ever leave, or the enchantment will be broken and the site and all its inhabitants will disappear into the mist forever. Two American tourists, lost in the Highlands, stumble upon the village just as a wedding is about to be celebrated, and their arrival has serious implications for the village's inhabitants.

Interesting that one day passes for the village while a century passes for the rest of us. Kind of like Sam leaping through time... one day passes for him, but many years for the rest of us. Cool, huh? I did this play in high school. There's a pic of me in a kilt somewhere around here lol.