What Settings and scenarios would you like to see for Bens leaps in Season 2??

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
Season 1 has to be praised for some of the more interesting settings they placed Ben in for his leaps, for example Space, in a Time Loop, Earthquake, Plane Hijack and many more.

Where would you like to see the producers leap Ben into?

In the O.G we saw Sam as a monkey, active war zone in Vietnam, pregnant girl, Bermuda triangle and dealing with Evil Leapers.

What are your thoughts for season 2?

I'd like to see Ben stretch himself into situations he isn't comfortable with as well as gain skills he is lacking - that or we get the ability to sub a leaper so the most qualified team member is there. It's okay to be against killing but you need fighting and action skills - Sam was an actual medical doctor and a pretty solid fighter - he wasn't into killing but if it was kill or be killed Sam understood that it was not only okay to fight or bluff with force - if once in a great while the villain died he accepted that also.

Ben did use his boxing experiamce but he was clearly outmatched by Martinez and got very lucky.

Since we are no longer limited to Ben's lifetime I'd like to play with that and have him end up at a Ren Faire (yes I know there was a novel like that) different story but a setting like that has potential.

Put him on a cruise ship - that could be fun.

How about an old time immigration or trade voyage across the ocean. Castle Garden or Ellis Island involved perhaps.

Put him on a farm learning to milk cows and the like.

Send him to Elk Ridge Indiana but Sam is a distinguished alumni, giving Ben and new viewers more connections to him without being overwhelming.

Have him try life as a delivery ap driver

Does Ben have any artistic/musical/craft talents or interesting hobbies? Give him a leap where he explores a hobby.

How about a dinner theater actor?

A post man with an important letter that previously got lost

Meeting a child/teen aged Al Calivicci while he is an orphan - possibly involving his sister Trudy.

A fire fighter

A park ranger

I'd like to see Ben stretch himself into situations he isn't comfortable with as well as gain skills he is lacking - that or we get the ability to sub a leaper so the most qualified team member is there. It's okay to be against killing but you need fighting and action skills - Sam was an actual medical doctor and a pretty solid fighter - he wasn't into killing but if it was kill or be killed Sam understood that it was not only okay to fight or bluff with force - if once in a great while the villain died he accepted that also.

Ben did use his boxing experiamce but he was clearly outmatched by Martinez and got very lucky.

That's one of Bens biggest flaws and why many critics of the show say they have made him a pacifist physicist.

Compare him to the great Dr Sam Beckett, whe was a child prodigy, an IQ of over 200+, 6 or 7 doctorates, inventor of a time travel accelerator and A.I super computer and to round him off training in various Martial Arts. He was an all-rounder who could out think and out fight anybody in whatever situation he was put in.

Ben on the other hand is limited first by the producers philosophy of leaping ONLY Ben's consciousness and NOT his body which makes him automatically more
vulnerable and having to work that much harder in his leaps but second he doesn't match up to Sam.

Some would say Ben is a more realistic leaper who has to learn on the job as opposed to the all knowing all-action Sam who was an 80's era Reagans wet dream LOL. I think being thrown around the unpredictability of time and put in vulnerable situations as a leaper you would need every skill and string to your bow from the onset.

Perhaps in Season 2 they will experiment more with Addison as the leaper as originally planned, she is an ex soldier and knows when to manipulate the situation or not i.e the speech she made to Martinez in EP16.

"Perhaps in Season 2 they will experiment more with Addison as the leaper as originally planned..."

Perhaps and maybe others will get the chance to leap or be the hologram. I just hope they bring closure to Sam Beckett in one way or another.

Trying to give closure to Sams story is every QL fans dream.

In order for that to happen though you need both parties to be in agreement and Scott is being unbelievably quite on the subject, which could be a sign in itself lol.

I think making Ben a little more "average" than Sam was exactly the point of the idea that Addison was supposed to be the Leaper, not Ben. She's taken charge quite a bit in Leaps because she was trained to do things Ben was not; he was only going to be the Observer.

And I really like that Ben is more realistic. Sam was legit a Gary Stu. Seven doctorates? IQ of 200+?! AND knows Martial Arts?

Spartan's description of Sam as "an 80s era Reagan wet dream" is so accurate, and is honestly why I have always been more of a fan of Al than Sam, and I think I definitely like Ben more than Sam, too.

I love all the situations Starbright listed.

My one big addition to the question of what situations should they put Ben in: STORM CHASER. I WANT A TWISTER-INSPIRED EPISODE.

Thought I'd bump this thread as we are already 8 episodes into S2 and had a few unusual scenarios for Ben.

Highlights for me were meeting Hannah and falling in love throughout 'time' again very similar to Trilogy in OG series with Sam. A perfect way of using 'time' to aid Bens leaping through it and of course Sam using it to produce a daughter in Sami Jo.

We have seen him in espionage thrillers (nazis + cold war) , witch trials, E.T conspiracies and hostage situations but I'd still like to see him in more extravagant settings like they did in S1 with Space, Earthquake and the time loop which was ingenious. I personally don't enjoy Ben's very standard episode leaps where he leaps to help a Korea family or an Indian family restaurant or the Hollywood actor storyline .....they are very dull episodes do not resonate as believable or in any way 'WOW'.

Anyway, lets see in the 10 remaining episodes in S2.

Thought I'd bump this thread as we are already 8 episodes into S2 and had a few unusual scenarios for Ben.

Highlights for me were meeting Hannah and falling in love throughout 'time' again very similar to Trilogy in OG series with Sam. A perfect way of using 'time' to aid Bens leaping through it and of course Sam using it to produce a daughter in Sami Jo.

We have seen him in espionage thrillers (nazis + cold war) , witch trials, E.T conspiracies and hostage situations but I'd still like to see him in more extravagant settings like they did in S1 with Space, Earthquake and the time loop which was ingenious. I personally don't enjoy Ben's very standard episode leaps where he leaps to help a Korea family or an Indian family restaurant or the Hollywood actor storyline .....they are very dull episodes do not resonate as believable or in any way 'WOW'.

I'm actually kind of the opposite on that. I like to be more personal stories with the Korea and the Indian family. The witch trials fell short for me because of the glaring inaccuracies portrayed in that one. I am looking forward to the rest of the season to see where they go with it!

They’re only doing 5 more for the season. Caitlin confirmed that in a QLP interview about a month ago.

Reactions: alsplacebartender
I'm actually kind of the opposite on that. I like to be more personal stories with the Korea and the Indian family. The witch trials fell short for me because of the glaring inaccuracies portrayed in that one. I am looking forward to the rest of the season to see where they go with it!
I agree! Those two family-centric episodes are among my favorites of the revival because they felt so much like OG QL. Small impacts with ripples.

The witch trials—my teenager was quite vocal over the historical inaccuracies and glaring plot holes. That one felt super rushed and if researched at all, very minimally.

• Love
They’re only doing 5 more for the season. Caitlin confirmed that in a QLP interview about a month ago.
Jeezaloo I didn't expect only 5 more!, they will have to fit in an awful lot of story arcs in those 5, one being the Ben Hannah coupling or de-coupling if they are hoping to pair Ben with Addison again.

Jeezaloo I didn't expect only 5 more!, they will have to fit in an awful lot of story arcs in those 5, one being the Ben Hannah coupling or de-coupling if they are hoping to pair Ben with Addison again.
13 episodes had always been the plan because that was how many episodes were included in the initial episode order. I think almost every network show usually gets a minimum of 13 episodes when they get ordered to series or renewed for another season. Unfortunately, because the strikes lasted so long, they didn’t have time to get an extension for more episodes this year. Plus, there’s a huge backlog of shows that haven’t even aired yet which they need to make room for on their schedule. That’s just the way network television is.

There's an entire segment of this episode of our pod where we pitch ideas for episode- My partner and I get three a piece and we came up with some creative options I think, it you're interested to hear.

Time code 15mins if you want to LEAP straight to the episode ideas...

Last edited:
  • Love