Severe problems with posting and editing

Lightning McQueenie

Project QL Intern
Dec 8, 2005
Hi Brian and mods,

There seem to be some problems when trying to post.

When I press "Go Advanced" to review my post before I send it, the preview is fine, but all of the text is removed and unable to be retrieved, thereby making it impossible to post.

When I try to edit a post, again, the entire text is removed, and therefore the post is unable to be edited.

When I tried to reply to something with a quote, the text is not quoted.

Please rectify these problems.

I currently host Brian's site and handle any maintenance of the software as needed. I'm happy to help in any way if we can find the problem and fix it. This is the first I have heard of problems with posting here. Can I ask what browser and version you are using that is giving you difficulty? I use Chrome and other than the lack of advanced editor I have not had problems.

Also to be totally honest, this site is pretty much on maintenance mode these days. There are less than 10 new posts per month. Brian and other staff rarely visit. It's frustrating to me but that's just where we are right now. It's been 25 years now and there doesn't seem to be anything new on the horizon for QL other than your fantastic podcast. The forum software is now over 5 years old and to do an upgrade of the forum would be a significant expense (over $150) and effort for a rather small audience.

Hi Brian and mods,

There seem to be some problems when trying to post.

When I press "Go Advanced" to review my post before I send it, the preview is fine, but all of the text is removed and unable to be retrieved, thereby making it impossible to post.

When I try to edit a post, again, the entire text is removed, and therefore the post is unable to be edited.

When I tried to reply to something with a quote, the text is not quoted.

Please rectify these problems.

Test.

I currently host Brian's site and handle any maintenance of the software as needed. I'm happy to help in any way if we can find the problem and fix it. This is the first I have heard of problems with posting here. Can I ask what browser and version you are using that is giving you difficulty? I use Chrome and other than the lack of advanced editor I have not had problems.

Also to be totally honest, this site is pretty much on maintenance mode these days. There are less than 10 new posts per month. Brian and other staff rarely visit. It's frustrating to me but that's just where we are right now. It's been 25 years now and there doesn't seem to be anything new on the horizon for QL other than your fantastic podcast. The forum software is now over 5 years old and to do an upgrade of the forum would be a significant expense (over $150) and effort for a rather small audience.

I'm using Firefox. Hmmm this quote seems to be working fine, I wonder why the other one didn't...

We've just completed a significant server upgrade. Things should be a lot snappier now.