1311 Race Against Time

What is your rating of this episode?

• 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Race Against Time

June 10, 1956
Sam’s first train ride, on the way to the University of Chicago

Sam must prevent a young boy’s molestation and murder at the hands of a vicious serial killer. But will it cost too much?

Written by: Helen Gerhard

Thanks for reading!

The Quantum Leap Team

Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.6

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

It was pretty good. It makes things interesting with Sam haivng to save his younger self.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

A great episode, Helen. Having Sam have to interact with his young self, "Tag" was simply adorable. Molestation is a crime that knows no time periods, you did a very good job. I hope to see more from you in future "episodes".

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

Great story, Helen. You’ve crafted an outstanding story that held my attention from the first word to the last. At times, it was almost like being right there with Sam and his younger self and Tom. Well done, indeed.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat:

A nicely written and well thought-out story. It's interesting to see what kind of persons Sam and Tom were when they were young. I got the biggest kick, though, that Al changed into his uniform all because of Thelma not liking his choice of clothing.

Well done, Helen. Looking forward to your future stories this season!

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Xanadu:

This was a good story. It was interesting to see this type of story read. It was almost -- in a way -- watching Back To The Future with Marty almost vanishing before our eyes. Sam almost did. Nicely done.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
What a great episode! It took me a bit to wrap my brain around it completely, but it's well written, and I enjoyed every line.

Tag sounds absolutely adorable, of course, it couldn't be any other way ;)

Racing

Great storiy that pushed the bonds of Sam's leapees and gave us a glimspe into what made up Sam. Keep up the good work, Helen. 9/10

One story that I had actually read early since I was involved at beta stage, but I waited to reread from the published version before commenting.

Personally, I adore glimpses of pre-leaping Sam, and even moreso when it is 'ickle' Sam as my son would have said.

I also like it when VS stories link in to lines from the actual series, such as this does with the train journey described by Sam in Honeymoon Express.
It is fun to write 'back-stories' like this - I've done a couple myself - and fun to read them too.

So I may be biased, but I enjoyed this one!