Home

The Leap Back 2009 Convention Forum

Contact

Old 03-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #51
Snish
Observer's Aid

If your Paypal account is linked to a credit card, then you can always pay your credit card co. in installments--of course you want to avoid paying interest charges if possible, but if you've got to have that ticket right away...
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #52
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Another option (if you have good credit and are regularly inundated with offers like I am), take advantage of one of those 6-months or 1 year no-interest on purchases deals. Buy your ticket and pay it off over the interest free period. If you need longer than that, get another card from another issuer with a no-interest offer and transfer your balance.

The secret to making this work for you is NOT USING THE CARD other than your ticket purchase!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #53
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna Galaxy
I don't have a problem with the price it's just the timing is not so good. Fingers crossed I should have the money in time.
My problem exactly. I don't know what day I get paid, only that I should be receiving my first paycheck around then.

I have another question. Around what time are tickets going on sale? Morning, afternoon, evening? I'm going to need to make sure I have computer access, and I need a rough idea of when to be online. Thanks to my crashed computer, it's difficult to wait around online for hours at a time. So timing is everything!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #54
EmmaCMF
Leaper

I'll check in with Brian and get back to you, because he will be the one opening ticket sales.

EmmaCMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #55
EmmaCMF
Leaper

Tickets go on sale at 11am EST, March 26.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #56
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Yes, it may be a minute or two early or later, but I will open that ticket page as close to 11am EST as I can! I am taking that day and the following day off work to monitor it and make sure to handle any potential glitches in the ticketing system. I have been testing it, and seems to be very stable and reliable.

Get those keystroke fingers ready to click...

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #57
Snish
Observer's Aid

You're taking two days off work for this... I shudder to think how much unpaid time all you folks are putting into this con. Seriously, my hat is off to you.

Greater love hath no fan.

Now all I have to do is get my Paypal account in order...
Old 03-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #58
sparkyclarkie
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaCMF
Tickets go on sale at 11am EST, March 26.

I have just been trying to work out if the tickets go on sale at 11 EST, then what time would they go on sale in the UK due to time differance.
So in my wisdom i went on to date and time dot com.
And came up with 15.00 and 18.00?????

Now im so confused.(no it doesnt take alot)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #59
EmmaCMF
Leaper

11am EST is 4pm here in the UK (it's a five hour time difference), though actually, it's probably 3pm when the tickets go on sale as the clocks have just gone forward in the US, and ours don't change until March 30th.

So, 3pm!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #60
Al The Observer
Observer's Aid

I can't seem to find where it is stated how much add-on event tickets will be (e.g.- the evening parties). Forgive me for sounding like a Cheapo Charlie, but I'm on a tight budget at the moment. Would it be more cost-effective to purchase one of the higher-level tickets to get into the extra parties, or to purchase a lower-level ticket, and then purchase add-on tickets later? (If I will need to purchase a higher-level ticket, it will have to wait, I'm afraid.)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #61
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

We're not sure about the prices on add-on events just yet, as they are still in the planning stages. Apologies!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #62
Snish
Observer's Aid

Brian, I have a question about the events under "Gooshie's Programming." Under the descriptions for the Diamond and Platinum ticket levels, it says, "First notice and opportunity to purchase access to any extras." But in the fine print under Gooshie's Programming it says, "Diamond and Platinum ticket holders will be allowed access to most additional events at no additional charge." So I'm not sure how much that Platinum ticket would really get me. Would we have to pay an additional charge for the extras, or not?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #63
Timebunny
PQL Visitor

Default Must I use PayPal or Google checkout ?

So, the title is the first question. I was reading something that made it sound like I must use one of those methods. I was just planning to use a credit card. I know my husband had PayPal, maybe still does, but I've never used it. We use separate computers, FWIW.

Second, I'm planning this as a surprise for my sister, who, last I heard, had no email addy; I guess I could call and ask if she's connected again, but I wanted to present it as a fait accompli - what if something went wrong, and I get no tickets ? Can I put my email on there for her ?

I'm already hyperventilating here ! I've been up all night [I'm a nightowl, but even I usually go to sleep by dawn] because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up in time, and you'd sell out of the Diamond tickets, and now I'm worried I'm going to screw it up somehow. I have an autoimmune disease, and stress makes me stupid (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

I keep wondering EXACTLY what steps I'll be following, can someone do a babystep explanation for me, so I can stop freaking out ?

Hotel reservations are a whole separate thing, yes ?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #64
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

I'll try and clear this up a bit for you!

We do know that at least one event will be tied to whether or not you book your hotel stay at the Beverly Garland on Friday and Saturday nights. If you choose to stay at a different hotel, all ticket levels would have to purchase entry into at least one event which would ideally include several VIP guest stars.

The first notice wording means you will get "first notice" when tickets for that open up. You'll also get the first notice for other special things such as convention merchandise going on sale.

Sorry I can't be more definite about what is included at this time. We're a year away and still a lot of planning to do.

The Diamond and Platinum tickets do get you much closer to the stage and the stars! It will include everything except for one event. And you can get into that event free just by booking your room at our hotel.

Hope that helps!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #65
Timebunny
PQL Visitor

I definitely want the Diamond tickets if I get through before they are sold out. And I plan to book at the convention hotel.
I was just planning to wait on the reservation, so I can talk to her in case she has preferences - which floor, etc. So I can, I think you're saying ?

And what about the payment - the ticket page says:"then pay using PayPal or Google Checkout", whereas I had thought a plain old credit card was fine.

So I just go to the ticket page and click on "Get tickets" ?

Sorry to be so dim. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #66
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Click on get tickets, then you'll be taken to the eventbrite system. You'll select the number of tickets you want from any ticket level and then it will take you to the information page where you will enter your information. You'll pay from that page, which will take you to Paypal or Google, whichever you preper to use. Both paypal and google checkout are our credit card processing vendors. So yes, you can use your credit card through them.

Might speed things up to register an account though one of them beforehand.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #67
feldon30
Forum Technician

Just to clarify further, paying with a credit card DOES NOT require a Paypal or Google Checkout account! You are taken to a payment page, enter your credit card info, and they simply handle the transaction (and take a small percentage of the ticket price).

I just bought mine and I've never used Google Checkout before. It asked me to sign in to Google which I do have an account there, but not financial related.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #68
Ezilzha
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default So I didn't need paypal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30
Just to clarify further, paying with a credit card DOES NOT require a Paypal or Google Checkout account! You are taken to a payment page, enter your credit card info, and they simply handle the transaction (and take a small percentage of the ticket price).

I just bought mine and I've never used Google Checkout before. It asked me to sign in to Google which I do have an account there, but not financial related.
I opened up a paypal account just for this purchasing & when the final moment of truth was upon us, paypal failed in the mission. I got so nervous & anxious & thought I would loose the tickect so now I owe money to my brother (for some reason his paypal account worked just fine) & now you say that I could have used my own credit card number without paypal as the mediator?

This is important information, that I know I could have had ue for it yesterday when I bought the ticket...
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #69
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

No, you had to choose either Paypal or Google Checkout as the mediator for your credit card to be used. What feldon30 was saying is that you didn't actually have to have an account to use them.

Having an account did speed things up for some people as they didn't have to enter all their info in the paypal site because of course it was already there.

Both sites enable you to use them without actually having an account though. It should have said that fact somewhere on the paypal page the ticketing site took you to.

Not sure why your paypal account did not work and your brother's did, but sorry you had a problem. It could be just because the account was brand new and may not have had all the verifications done or something.

You can use your new paypal account to send the money you owe him into his paypal account fairly easily.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #70
Ezilzha
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default ah... ok then...

thanks for the explaination.

as for my brother.... it's easier (& cheaper) to just give him the money in person